Resurrecting Jalpa #359

Kerplop

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You own a running driving near perfect LAMBO!!!! Congrats to all of your hard work!

Well, definitely isn't near perfect but i'm very happy with it.

Alright, got my alignment pretty damn well eyeballed. I started with 1/4-1/2" toe out (could actually fit a finger width on the back measurement).

I fought the nuts off of the old union after... a lot of fighting. I'm baffled how in the hell anyone drove that thing so poorly aligned. Anyway, it's now at a happy 1/8" toe in. I'll have it brought in for a professional alignment though at some point, but that should solve my steering walking issue of it going all over the damn place. Soon as I'd get on the throttle it'd walk a bit here and there and I thought, "ok yeah that feels like toe out."

My trackday project did that when I first swapped suspension, and it was the same thing. Though I haven't taken the suspension apart in the front on the Jalpa, which is why I was confused. Part of me wonders if the previous owner had someone just put it back together and that stuff was apart at some point, or someone dabbled with it, or put new parts on it and never aligned them. Who knows.

Either way, much better now.

Toe out before, geeeeeez

Tkwt1fj.jpg

Toe in now on both sides

461c1nD.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got a warning from the neighborhood cop tonight, here's test drive #5. You can watch from the beginning if you wanna see the first test drive shenanigans.

Got a warning from the neighborhood cop tonight, here's test drive #5. You can watch from the beginning if you wanna see the first test drive shenanigans.

Car sounds AMAZING bud! :) Can't imagine how good that must feel ripping around in it...after yeaaars of anticipation and sweat to get there!

PS - Was the cop neighbor cool about it? I saw mention of that in your FB vid last night. Was it more of a, "You really shouldn't do that", or a, "We're cool for now, but don't let me catch you doing that again"? :)

Car sounds AMAZING bud! :) Can't imagine how good that must feel ripping around in it...after yeaaars of anticipation and sweat to get there!

PS - Was the cop neighbor cool about it? I saw mention of that in your FB vid last night. Was it more of a, "You really shouldn't do that", or a, "We're cool for now, but don't let me catch you doing that again"? :)

He was cool. Basically told me nicely to slow it down and fix my headlights. He was smitten by the car and spent most the time telling me how cool it was.

Sounds GREAT!

Feels as great as it sounds!

The Wallstreet Journal caught wind of my build and is coming for a photoshoot and interview on sunday. I don't even. I can't even. Cloud 9!

The Wallstreet Journal caught wind of my build and is coming for a photoshoot and interview on sunday. I don't even. I can't even. Cloud 9!

:celb: Huge congrats D!

Wow that’s HUGE, congrats.

I don't even know how to feel. Kind of how i feel. "I don't know what to do with my hands"

That's amazing! Congrats.