Resurrecting Jalpa #359

Kerplop

Tonight I'm going to finish the carpet in the interior and will setup a live stream of the interior, and we can do some Q&A if y'all want.  Let's plan for say... 7 PST?  Anyone interested?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meet someone who likes the same things and keep a consistent relationship with someone who isn't crazy?

I read a quote the other day, albeit a bit late for me as well:

"Don't stick your dick in crazy"

Wish I heard that one when I was 20, lol

Car progress is great!!!, thx for sharing

Best

Eric

I read a quote the other day, albeit a bit late for me as well:

"Don't stick your dick in crazy"

Wish I heard that one when I was 20, lol

Car progress is great!!!, thx for sharing

Best

Eric

Yep, learned that one the hard way. I'm currently not dating anyone, decided to focus on the lambo. The momentum and motivation is great right now, don't wanna ruin that. I do have someone I like a bit, but for now I'm just... taking it easy. Last girlfriend moved, and we've been split a little while, still good friends, she's rad. The one before that the police were involved because she was stalking me like a psychopath.

Yep, learned that one the hard way. I'm currently not dating anyone, decided to focus on the lambo. The momentum and motivation is great right now, don't wanna ruin that. I do have someone I like a bit, but for now I'm just... taking it easy. Last girlfriend moved, and we've been split a little while, still good friends, she's rad. The one before that the police were involved because she was stalking me like a psychopath.

I like your plan to stay focused on the car. I stayed focused on my pool game for years. No pussy is better than the wrong pussy. So being wrapped up with a passion is a great way to enjoy your time. And a occasional pipe cleaner with no strings is all ya need. Eventually a good one comes along. I was 34-35 years old.

And yeah, wow your work is amazing!!

Best

Eric

I like your plan to stay focused on the car. I stayed focused on my pool game for years. No pussy is better than the wrong pussy. So being wrapped up with a passion is a great way to enjoy your time. And a occasional pipe cleaner with no strings is all ya need. Eventually a good one comes along. I was 34-35 years old.

And yeah, wow your work is amazing!!

Best

Eric

Thanks man! That means a lot.

For contrast, here's the interior 4 years ago.

egFjqNs.jpg

q9gADeS.jpg

And now.

BQBnFUt.jpg

This has come so far. Congrats!!

It really has. I didn't really want to show these "before pics" early in the build because I knew there would be some people trying to deter me from doing this car, and likely some negativity of, "There's no way, you're wasting your time." so I wanted to save them as contrast once the car was far enough along.

It is the weirdest feeling in the world, reminiscing. 4 years ago I sat in the car with the interior just a total mess with the seat in it. I still remember sitting in it and having that moment of, "Wow. I own a Lamborghini now." but it was so far from done it seemed like a distant dream.

4 years later I'm sitting in it with the engine and electrical finished, the interior almost totally finished, only down to hydraulics and the last bit of wiring, gauges, the small shit and I went, "Well holy shit. I did it."

I'm real proud of myself if I can get a car charger for my phone in a car. Anything beyond that I need help. :(

It's amazing to see a car come back to life like in this thread.

Alright guys.

- Hydraulics are in

- Pedal box rebuilt and in

- All fabrication to mate the non-lambo booster is good

- Master cyl is adjusted and groovy for clutch

- gutted the rest of the factory wiring out of the car tonight, it's all my own harness at this point

- Calipers are completely rebuilt

- Pads arrive tomorrow and calipers can go on

- Line conversion from 2 line to 4 line master completed, minus the unions, need to get unions tomorrow, and hilariously enough the aftermarket master cyl has a shorter throw and the same size as lambo lines, so NO ADAPTER NEEDED. Makes my day.

- Startup mixture tweaked a little, though it feels like it's missing, I think I have a plug wire or two loose after the adjustment, easy fix.

- Targa top latches re-installed and adjusted properly

- All door seals, carpet, and aesthetics are finished minus putting the final bits of the dash back together since I'm still working on the harness for the brake lights/ turn signals. Wiring for them is done, just need to make sure it's wired up at the column and tested correctly.

So.... if I get the rest of the lines fixed this week, and the rest of the interior in, it looks like the maiden voyage might and I say might because I have a few 911s I am working on for some locals, I may have the maiden voyage this weekend. Fingers crossed that either way this car will see the road before the snow hits.

We're fuckin' there guys. After 4 years. IT IS THERE. SO CLOSE.

I wish words could describe how it feels to sit in the driver seat of the car, nearly finished, starting, running, and almost ready to drive. 4 years ago it felt incredibly overwhelming. I've never taken anything on this crazy. But I've wanted to do this since I can remember. I lit up a cigar, poured a nice glass of scotch, and just sat in it and looked at the interior. I closed the door, opened the door, played with the shifter, fucked around with it and thought, "Jesus christ... i bought a lambo and i've restored a lambo.... and i'm almost done. This is really mine, this is really it, I've actually done it. God damn. What the hell."

22728878_10154790878041744_8735779395950126199_n.jpg

It's awesome, your skill set is amazing.

How many man hours do you think you have into?

Oh man. I don't even know. I don't know if I want to know :lol2: I have generally put at the very minimum an hour a night into something. On the weekends I wake up if I have no plans and get my morning coffee then go bust ass on it for hours on end. Sometimes I'm out there till 2am. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds most likely. I've had some weekends where it's all i've done, woke up, worked till i couldn't stay awake, went to sleep. A few times I took week long staycations at home so I could just spend the whole week on it.

I never thought to really keep track or count the time. But it's.... a lot.

Incredible work...I must admit I had doubts...I had purchased Katrina Lambo years back with the same thought..it was to big of a project for me.....yours Looks GREAT!

Incredible work...I must admit I had doubts...I had purchased Katrina Lambo years back with the same thought..it was to big of a project for me.....yours Looks GREAT!

I don't blame you. It's a lot to do. I appreciate the kind words.