Resurrecting Jalpa #359

Kerplop

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking great! Are you going to keep the color or change it up since you are ordering new carpet?

I like the color scheme, will keep it the same. Just want to refresh the interior (what little will need refreshed) so it feels like a new car. Carpet is inexpensive and easy to do. Old insulation deteriorates and gets all crappy. Would be nice to just refresh it all.

Looking great! Are you going to keep the color or change it up since you are ordering new carpet?

red could be cool!

Red carpet with black interior? I need examples lol.

Red carpet with black interior? I need examples lol.

I've got red carpet in my S2000 with Red and Black seats. It is stock but I REALLY really like it.

2005_honda_s2000__6_speed__59k_mi____silver__limited_red__black_interior_5_lgw.jpg

50879682.jpg

2005-honda-s2000-interior-photo-255290-s-1280x782.jpg

Not my car but my exact interior.

Whatever you do YOU need to be happy but I don't think you can go wrong. For what it's worth my buddy has an S2000 with an all black interior. He stole my red floor mats and then bought the red panels for the doors. He is still looking for seats.

I would say you would need more then just red carpet to pull it all together but it does pop nicely...ESPECIALLY on a white car!

Looks good, but with black seats and no red leather accenting, i'm having a hard time picturing it in an all black interior. I guess I need to photoshop it or something. I dunno.

Looks good, but with black seats and no red leather accenting, i'm having a hard time picturing it in an all black interior. I guess I need to photoshop it or something. I dunno.

Leave it black, maybe do white piping on the carpet to tie it in.

Amazing how the Jalpa did away with the Urraco rear seats.

post-37-1383442103.jpg

Those Urraco seats look fantastic. I do like the Jalpa seats though. The shape is nice. Although a bit short to provide support all the way up the head unless the seat is reclined and moved forward a hair. Although I don't get the impression the car was designed with comfort in mind :lol2:

I haven't said congrats yet Derek, I'm very jealous, would love to do this.

I would leave it black and white only (if you were going to redo the seats maybe white down the middle would look good), looks very clean then.

I think I'm on the same page with you guys. I ordered some black carpet tonight. Should be here later this week. Tonight I pulled the leather panels off of the doors, going through all the electronics in the door to make sure they're in good shape. Resolder if necessary, fix any nasty wiring that was done. My plan is to just do one thing at a time, do one section at a time, and do it in a sense that I know I will be happy with it (and confident in it).

I figure any Lamborghin is a car worth taking your time as it is a car that deserves it :)

These window motors look almost exactly like the innards of the Porsche motors I'm used to, seem to be pretty easy to go through. Does anyone know off the top of their head if any of the LED flashing bits were factory? I get the impression they are from an aftermarket alarm system. Although the LEDs are in plain sight areas and work fine. But it didn't seem like something Lamborghini would do.

Good plan! Going to be cold anyways, no sense in rushing!

I'm close to pulling the motor from the Diablo in the next couple weeks and I have no plans to get it all back in before like March haha.

I think I'm on the same page with you guys. I ordered some black carpet tonight. Should be here later this week. Tonight I pulled the leather panels off of the doors, going through all the electronics in the door to make sure they're in good shape. Resolder if necessary, fix any nasty wiring that was done. My plan is to just do one thing at a time, do one section at a time, and do it in a sense that I know I will be happy with it (and confident in it).

I figure any Lamborghin is a car worth taking your time as it is a car that deserves it :)

These window motors look almost exactly like the innards of the Porsche motors I'm used to, seem to be pretty easy to go through. Does anyone know off the top of their head if any of the LED flashing bits were factory? I get the impression they are from an aftermarket alarm system. Although the LEDs are in plain sight areas and work fine. But it didn't seem like something Lamborghini would do.

I don't think I have any LEDs in my car. I am in Portland and my car is available for you to look at whenever you like. Just give me some warning and I will get it out. Right now it is crammed in the garage for the winter, but I just need to shuffle some things and it is ready to go. Not sure how often you get to this part of the woods, but if you make it over this way and want to see another Jalpa, you are welcome to drop by.

I don't think I have any LEDs in my car. I am in Portland and my car is available for you to look at whenever you like. Just give me some warning and I will get it out. Right now it is crammed in the garage for the winter, but I just need to shuffle some things and it is ready to go. Not sure how often you get to this part of the woods, but if you make it over this way and want to see another Jalpa, you are welcome to drop by.

Ok I kind of figured they were likely aftermarket and related to an alarm system. I'm still in the process of ripping all of that out so I can do my own. I do not want to rely on the wiring of some random stereo shop, especially after seeing how this stuff has been routed, grounded, etc.

Another Jalpa question: Can anyone confirm if there are switches on the corners up near the rear of the door by the window glass as well? The wiring kind of looks factory and kind of doesn't. From what I can see, it grounds or sends a signal when the window is rolled down. I've taken the last 2 days off from working on the car, been busy. Probably going to get back to it tonight.

Found a solution for the door motors. A common complaint I've seen seems to be that they are slow and go out easily. Oddly enough, on another lambo forum, a user pointed out that 924 door motors use the same internals (and appear to be more reinforced). I ordered a pair of used motors from a friend and will be mixing the 2 motors together to upgrade them.

The wiring harness is the engine bay is out and just needs taken out the rest of the way. It is also labeled.

I've got part of one of the carbs apart, looks like the fuel pump was stuck and kept dumping out fuel. Dry fuel lines, dry fuel filter and a distinct strong smell of gasline with rust and dusty old gas all over them. I pulled the oil cap, the top end looks clean as can be. Hopefully nothing terrible happened from the fuel.

I'm going to continue taking it one step at a time. I want to get the wiring harness out in the entire car and just go through it and remake it. I'll order the proper colored wires just to ensure it matches factory colors. I need to go through the grounds as well, they are old, some are a bit rusty, others just look small and weak.

Cool. Take your time.....you are doing God's work.

You better have a camera on the first time you start this thing!

Oh for sure, you know it! I'm taking a few days away from it, my back is killing me. But yeah, once I go for first start, yes, definitely!