Squadra Corsa is Here

ATL_

I saw one early this month at West Palm Beach Lamborghini. It was cool looking but honestly didn't seem any different than the Super Trofeo. Note: I did not drive it.

I think the STS and LP570 front look more aggressive...

I saw one early this month at West Palm Beach Lamborghini. It was cool looking but honestly didn't seem any different than the Super Trofeo. Note: I did not drive it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

What are people's thoughts of the Squadra Corse? Will it be a good collectible?

Any more feedback in comparison to the STS?

Love the SC. However I don't think I would chose it specifically over a telesto or white STS as there were only around 4 telesto and 4 white STS's out of 150 total built to land in the US (most were Rosso Mars). In my opinion I think the STS looks better in its styling along with better color options ..white, red and grey for the US market ...(not a huge fan of the yellow on the SC) The STS and SC are essentially the same car aside from the SC's refresh front and rear (which I actually prefer the look of the STS) and perhaps a couple other cosmetic details. Couple things to point out the exterior CF pieces on the STS are different than the SC. The SC has a black glossy plastic look whereas the STS looks like traditional CF. Ceramic breaks were an option for the STS whereas (I believe and could be wrong) with the SC they came standard. Also there was an option to have the roof painted black on the STS which helps break up the colors. Im not aware the SC had that option as everyone I've seen hasn't had it. Even though they built more STS's overall than SC's & Blancpains the desirability seems to lean towards the STS which I can only come to the conclusion is Bc the STS was a more popular final edition launch car and the fact that red white and grey are more desirable colors on the Gallardo than black (Blancpain) and yellow (SC) and also perhaps the refresh body style of the 14' Gallardo wasn't appealing to many.

There are actually 2 SC's currently listed for sale out of the 15 units that were delivered to the US which indeed makes it a very rare car. There is also a Blancpain for sale however it's been TT which I can only imagine how exhilarating that car would be drive!! There is also a white STS for sale on eBay in which the two previous owners took very good care of the car and it's squeaky clean. It will probably be the last time you'll see a white one for sale for a very long time as the other 3 white STS owners (TN,GA,D.C. area) won't be selling anytime soon. Roy had a telesto STS come back in inventory the middle part of this year in which it sold very quickly. Not sure where the car landed, but the other 3 Telesto STS's (that I'm aware of) are in the GA, FL and D.C area.

One thing I've noticed over the last year it's becoming harder to find clean unmolested fairly low mileage STS, SC and Blancpain's. The ones that have no stories, have been kept factory spec and have good miles have been holding their value pretty well. However as the Huracans continue to drop (even though they seemed to have stabilized somewhat) and with the introduction of the Huracan Performante I'm not sure how that will effect the future value of these cars ...if at all. Also not sure if these cars will ever be collector car worthy only time will tell, but for around the $200k price point it's a lot of car and chances are wherever you live there won't be another one pulling up beside you on the street or car show (unless you live in the Texas area ). LOL

Love the SC. However I don't think I would chose it specifically over a telesto or white STS as there were only around 4 telesto and 4 white STS's out of 150 total built to land in the US (most were Rosso Mars). In my opinion I think the STS looks better in its styling along with better color options ..white, red and grey for the US market ...(not a huge fan of the yellow on the SC) The STS and SC are essentially the same car aside from the SC's refresh front and rear (which I actually prefer the look of the STS) and perhaps a couple other cosmetic details. Couple things to point out the exterior CF pieces on the STS are different than the SC. The SC has a black glossy plastic look whereas the STS looks like traditional CF. Ceramic breaks were an option for the STS whereas (I believe and could be wrong) with the SC they came standard. Also there was an option to have the roof painted black on the STS which helps break up the colors. Im not aware the SC had that option as everyone I've seen hasn't had it. Even though they built more STS's overall than SC's & Blancpains the desirability seems to lean towards the STS which I can only come to the conclusion is Bc the STS was a more popular final edition launch car and the fact that red white and grey are more desirable colors on the Gallardo than black (Blancpain) and yellow (SC) and also perhaps the refresh body style of the 14' Gallardo wasn't appealing to many.

There are actually 2 SC's currently listed for sale out of the 15 units that were delivered to the US which indeed makes it a very rare car. There is also a Blancpain for sale however it's been TT which I can only imagine how exhilarating that car would be drive!! There is also a white STS for sale on eBay in which the two previous owners took very good care of the car and it's squeaky clean. It will probably be the last time you'll see a white one for sale for a very long time as the other 3 white STS owners (TN,GA,D.C. area) won't be selling anytime soon. Roy had a telesto STS come back in inventory the middle part of this year in which it sold very quickly. Not sure where the car landed, but the other 3 Telesto STS's (that I'm aware of) are in the GA, FL and D.C area.

One thing I've noticed over the last year it's becoming harder to find clean unmolested fairly low mileage STS, SC and Blancpain's. The ones that have no stories, have been kept factory spec and have good miles have been holding their value pretty well. However as the Huracans continue to drop (even though they seemed to have stabilized somewhat) and with the introduction of the Huracan Performante I'm not sure how that will effect the future value of these cars ...if at all. Also not sure if these cars will ever be collector car worthy only time will tell, but for around the $200k price point it's a lot of car and chances are wherever you live there won't be another one pulling up beside you on the street or car show (unless you live in the Texas area ). LOL

That is some great information!!

Yes the white STS looks absolutely amazing, I'm not a huge fan of the yellow color on the SC. It would seem that since they only made 15 for the U.S. it fits the bill as a collector car, also being the end of an era. Both cars are amazing.

How does an STS drive in comparison to the Huracan? The Huracan felt a bit muted to me.

That is some great information!!

Yes the white STS looks absolutely amazing, I'm not a huge fan of the yellow color on the SC. It would seem that since they only made 15 for the U.S. it fits the bill as a collector car, also being the end of an era. Both cars are amazing.

How does an STS drive in comparison to the Huracan? The Huracan felt a bit muted to me.

Two very different cars for two different buyers

Huracan

-obviously faster mainly due to the DCT

-softer ride

-more of a daily driver

-upgraded technology

-more refined

-heavier car

-more sterile due to seamless shifts from the dct

-awesome sounding crackles from the exhaust

STS/SC

-more raw

-feels lighter to drive (2,945 -STS vs 3,062-Huracan)

-a bit more loud in the cockpit

-more race car inspired

-more engaging to drive especially in Corsa mode

-better down force due to large wing when cornering

-doesn't take a lot of effort to get the back end lose

-brutal downshifts along with a high pich racing engine sound

-street legal version of the super trofeo race car

The Huracan Performante will probably be a better comparison to the STS even though it's performance will pretty much destroy the STS, but since it's going to be a mass produced car there won't be any collector car value and will follow the normal depreciation curve. Will have to wait for the Huracan final edition numbered cars. With you having the Porsche CGT. Murci SV..Ferrari 16M.. etc. I think either the STS or SC would fall right in line with your preference in cars. They might not have the potential to sky rocket in value compared to your current collection, but there fun cars to drive when you don't want to put too many miles on your money makers....they've already taken close to $100k of depreciation and there's not a million of them on the road.

Two very different cars for two different buyers

Huracan

-obviously faster mainly due to the DCT

-softer ride

-more of a daily driver

-upgraded technology

-more refined

-heavier car

-more sterile due to seamless shifts from the dct

-awesome sounding crackles from the exhaust

STS/SC

-more raw

-feels lighter to drive (2,945 -STS vs 3,062-Huracan)

-a bit more loud in the cockpit

-more race car inspired

-more engaging to drive especially in Corsa mode

-better down force due to large wing when cornering

-doesn't take a lot of effort to get the back end lose

-brutal downshifts along with a high pich racing engine sound

-street legal version of the super trofeo race car

The Huracan Performante will probably be a better comparison to the STS even though it's performance will pretty much destroy the STS, but since it's going to be a mass produced car there won't be any collector car value and will follow the normal depreciation curve. Will have to wait for the Huracan final edition numbered cars. With you having the Porsche CGT. Murci SV..Ferrari 16M.. etc. I think either the STS or SC would fall right in line with your preference in cars. They might not have the potential to sky rocket in value compared to your current collection, but there fun cars to drive when you don't want to put too many miles on your money makers....they've already taken close to $100k of depreciation and there's not a million of them on the road.

2 points that hit home are:

"more sterile due to seamless shifts from the dct"

Vs

"more raw"

I need visceral cars, not electronic doodads.

I do enjoy more unique cars in limited production that are somewhat race inspired.

I should have bought your perfect white Speciale!!!

How would you compare the Speciale to the STS

Vs

"more raw"

I do enjoy more unique cars in limited production that are somewhat race inspired.

Had a Huracan for 6 months and sold it. As Devine pointed out, DCT while ultra fast and seamless shifts definitely dulls the experience.

I'd buy any 570 variant over a standard H any day of the week.

Vs

"more raw"

I would say the Speciale is up another notch. Even though it has a DCT Ferrari has figured out a way to make it feel similar to a single clutch in that it's very engaging in its shifts. You get the best of both worlds fast shifts along with an aggressive feedback. The steering of the Speciale feels very light...handles precisely...the car is overall more refined than the STS (in a positive way). The STS is definitely more raw between the two. On paper the overall performance of the Speciale is better, but with every day driving I think it's minimal to notice. On the track I've seen videos of both cars performing extremely well. I've seen some where the Speciale outperforms the STS and I've seen others where the STS overtakes the Speciale. I guess it more or so depends on the driver or how each car was set up that particular day to race. Both cars aren't as fast as their successor's or other competition in their segments, but they're more than capable and fast enough while at the same time they don't sacrifice sound or overall driving experience.

However is the Speciale in my opinion a better car to justify paying double the price of an STS ? Well if you take the collectibility aspect out of the equation then I dont think so... I had just as much fun driving the STS as I did the Speciale (maybe more). They both will be timeless in design and poses a commanding presence . The Speciale has a very sexy silhouette with nice smooth curves and the STS has that crazy wing and edgy, aggressive, race car look. Both get the same attention driving down the road (perhaps the STS got a bit more). They both sound awesome, however they need either the valves tied open or an aftermarket exhaust to unleash their full sound potential. In conclusion they're both amazing cars! I enjoyed them pretty much equally and some day ill have them both together in the garage. Unfortunately for the STS it won't have the same collectibility potential as the Speciale. However at half the price it will bring just as much driving enjoyment and a smile to your face

Had a Huracan for 6 months and sold it. As Devine pointed out, DCT while ultra fast and seamless shifts definitely dulls the experience.

I'd buy any 570 variant over a standard H any day of the week.

Yup! Will be interesting to see if Lamborghini has programmed in a more "aggressive" shift with the Huracan Performante. The car seems to be quite the performance beast from what we've heard.

I miss my Aventador's. How you enjoying yours?

Yup! Will be interesting to see if Lamborghini has programmed in a more "aggressive" shift with the Huracan Performante. The car seems to be quite the performance beast from what we've heard.

I miss my Aventador's. How you enjoying yours?

So far so good thx. It was a great find. A '14 w/1500 miles and 15 months of remaining warranty. Just picked it up middle of December, just drove it for the second time today. It's much more "mechanical" feeling compared to the H. Much more reminiscent of my SL.

my STS (previously Devine's) went for just over $200k to a collector who has a SC as well. I paid $205k over 2 years ago so they are clearly holding value... I don't like the SC, the front and rear terrible and I don't like the side stripes...

my STS put down the same power as the Huracan on the same dyno, and trapped higher in the 1/4 mile, 132 MPH in the STS and 131 in the Huracan, the 300 pounds makes up a lot of the difference from the transmission once rolling...

So far so good thx. It was a great find. A '14 w/1500 miles and 15 months of remaining warranty. Just picked it up middle of December, just drove it for the second time today. It's much more "mechanical" feeling compared to the H. Much more reminiscent of my SL.

Sounds like you found a gem....Rosso Mars?

Your SL was a beast! But cant go wrong with the V12 and doors going up! Looking forward to hearing more feedback from ya on your A.

my STS (previously Devine's) went for just over $200k to a collector who has a SC as well. I paid $205k over 2 years ago so they are clearly holding value... I don't like the SC, the front and rear terrible and I don't like the side stripes...

my STS put down the same power as the Huracan on the same dyno, and trapped higher in the 1/4 mile, 132 MPH in the STS and 131 in the Huracan, the 300 pounds makes up a lot of the difference from the transmission once rolling...

Happy to hear it sold! I was very close to buying it back a few months ago from Broward, but was looking at a couple other options at the time. Glad you had the oppprtunuty to drive the car to its full potential. It's still one of my favorites.

There were a couple of threads a few years back on either this forum ...LT or perhaps both where Roy Cats shared his thoughts and impressions regarding the STS. He always stated the car had a good bit more output than what Lamborghini claimed (amongst other little tweaks) after owning the car I had no doubt. Glad you came to the same conclusion from your driving experience and dyno testing. Btw Congrats on the Ford GT!

• 3 weeks later...
We had one in the shop not long ago, absolutely one of my favorites. Just wish there were other color options like the rest of the world!

Check out the video we made during her visit.

Very nice ...You guys always do outstanding work! Top quality products as well!