4 post lift in Californis

fma

Thinking of installing a 4 post lift and as I'm in an earthquake prone area (SoCal), I'm curious if you guys bolted your lift to the garage floor or left it free-standing? Guess if it's a really big one, it isn't going to make much difference anyway, but I'm curious as to what the consensus is.

I don't live in California, but I have never bolted my 4 post lifts and never have had a problem. They are really solid if you buy a good brand.

Thinking of installing a 4 post lift and as I'm in an earthquake prone area (SoCal), I'm curious if you guys bolted your lift to the garage floor or left it free-standing? Guess if it's a really big one, it isn't going to make much difference anyway, but I'm curious as to what the consensus is.

I'd anchor that sucker down in a heartbeat. The last thing you want is during an earthquake your lift with a car shaking and bouncing around the garage free form. Would be a night mare if it bounced around into the walls, other car or God-forbid fell.

Some are meant to be on casters, if so then I would install it as such and and would strap it down when not mobil.

Otherwise, just for my own peace of mind I would anchor it into the floor. The only time I would give it a second thought is if your garage was built with a Post-Tension slab.

I have multiple 4 post lifts. I have never bolted them down, simply because there is no need. As well as I like to move them on occasion

Buddy in Tustin got his from www.liftmyrod.com and likes to move his around. EQ has never been a big deal.

What I'm worried about is it's going to start moving around the garage and damage the other cars in a quake - appreciate the feedback guys.

I did not bolt down my Bendpak 4 post lift. If there's an earthquake strong enough to move my lift with my Gallardo on it then I'll have much bigger issues :)

What I'm worried about is it's going to start moving around the garage and damage the other cars in a quake - appreciate the feedback guys.

it is not like it is taking a walk around the garage, it moved maybe 2" total, but yeah, bolt it down. a 4 post will run you 1900-2500 installeed for a basic, electric lift

I have a Rotary 4 post lift and I bolted it down. I can't ever think of a reason to move it around so I bolted it for piece of mind

Thanks guys, I'm going with a bendpak bolted to the floor, just need to find someone to install now

Dont bother bolting it down the weight of the car keeps it very secure , they are designed to be rolled around anyway, but if you feel safe then bolt it , they come with the lag in bolts and if not contact me i have them i will give them to you steve

www.interstatemotorsport.com

IMG_2683.JPG