Mercedes kills SLS AMG

Gilligan740

The SLS is dead.

Article.

Personally, I've never been a huge fan. I wonder, will they introduce another super car? Probably not right away, but in the near future?

I thought they were pretty cool, but saw this coming. Very comfy car and definitely an understated, yet highly refined sports car with a wicked sound.

It is not anywhere near comfortable. Sounds very cool though.

It is not anywhere near comfortable. Sounds very cool though.

:iamwithstupid:

Even if you can't spell Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) you are right here

Car is a lot of money and for comparable priced exotics this was not the clear winner from a comfort stand point and performance. I did like the looks though

Biggest letdown for me was how utterly uncomfortable the SLS was. Rented it once in LA and drove to Santa Barbara. A 640 would have been more comfortable! Way too fcuking stiff for something that isn't really a super handling car to begin with.

Im surprised you guys said it was uncomfortable. The convertible I drove seemed fine, maybe they softened up the suspension for the convertible. I liked it a lot and so did my wife, but not enough to bump any cars we had at the time. Still prefer the DBS over it.

Not surprised. I'm not sure where the upcoming SLC is going to be priced, but I'm not sure it made sense to try to sell them both at the same time, particularly given the way the SLS has depreciated (I've seen low mileage 11's in the 130's).

Will SLS values drop or remain steady? Predictions?
I bet they drop. The car was never that much in demand.

Never did anything for me. Sounds good, looks aggressive but I wasn't impressed driving it, and couldn't reach to close the door from the driver's seat. My arms were too short and I found it very annoying to have to "hoist" myself several inches up from the seat or get help from someone else.

Getting in and out was clumsy. Tough to be "graceful", and forget about wearing a skirt (not that you guys worry about those things...)

not surprised they stopped production. From the beginning it seemed like it would be a bring back from the original. I quite enjoyed the SLS. But still wouldnt pay that much for it. Im sure the Black Series prices will stay steady and maybe in time i think it may start climbing a bit in price. But i believe there were quite a few produced no?