Waste Build Options

ToofDoc

Toofdoc, you are correct on the color. Once again selection is personal preference as for me a highly polished gloss back finish free of swirls and defects is perfect. A second reason all my vehicles are gloss black where possible (had to compromise when ordering my 2013 BMW X5 M as a metallic was the only black offered) is I have absolutely no sense of color.

My original pro forma for the Aventador included a number of carbon fiber options that, according to the factory, were not available during the month of production. These including the full interior along with the engine bay will be retrofitted once they may be ordered through parts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Electric seats are great, did not have them in my coupe.. I cant tell much of the premium sound over the regular but the sound system is good.. Also, figured it would help if I ever sold the roadster.. :icon_mrgreen:

Specced both on my RDS coming in April. Heated seats come with electric control and are good for driving in cold weather without the roof. Premium sound - for traffic :)

I would do the stereo

+1

And regarding the heated seats, basically the same thing goes with that as many other options that some firstowners may never use, but are still there because of resale.

IMO electric/heated seats are a must have option, especially in a roadster. The premium sound.....not so much.

Exactly. Not getting the heated seats will make it very difficult to sell down the road. People expect it. Especially in convertibles.

hate hate heated seats lol swamp ass i always say it gives me matzo ball soup going on

i also don’t like set the speakers and sound system in the lambos and do it my self

Heated seats for a roadster would make sense especially for cars destined for further up north.

Premium sound is a complete waste of money. I am not 100% sure but my dealer tells me the so-called Sensonum upgrade does not involve added speakers; basically it's just a more powerful amp with the silver plastic Sensonum badges on the speaker grills --- all that for several thousand more! And modern Lamborghini's OEM stereo isn't exactly known to sound well especially in a tight environment of a Lambo cabin; even less so for a cabin that is an open top. Definitely pass on the Sensonum upgrade.

Heated/electric seats are a must for me. I love heated seats and especially with where we live it will be nice to drop the top on a chilly day and have the seat warmers to keep you toasty. As for the electric seat I'd shoot myself if I had to readjust the seat every time the wife drove the car or I took it in for service. When I get a seat/mirrors/steering wheel configured properly I literally want to weld it in place. Electric seats mean I am never more than 1 button away from being back there again.

Congrats again on the purchase!

I'd like to draw some parallels to the BMW market which I am more familiar with.

With older BMWs, rare options bring more money. If you look at the early E36s which have cloth seats, the seats alone could increase the sales price of the car by 10%. No sunroof cars sell for more than sunroof cars. Manual seats are generally more desired than electric.

On paper it doesn't make sense. Anyone buying a $40k BMW in 1995 would surely want leather seats, right? So 2% of M3s sold with cloth. As the world turns, now the cloth seats are what everyone wants.

There is also the argument of weight. You could have a relatively lightweight Aventador if you forget all of the options. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who wants a "stripper" Aventador. In a decade, as all of the supercars become saddled with loads of electronics and complexity (they already are), it's possible that certain owners will lust after a basic build.

Just playing devils advocate.....

I'd like to draw some parallels to the BMW market which I am more familiar with.

With older BMWs, rare options bring more money. If you look at the early E36s which have cloth seats, the seats alone could increase the sales price of the car by 10%. No sunroof cars sell for more than sunroof cars. Manual seats are generally more desired than electric.

On paper it doesn't make sense. Anyone buying a $40k BMW in 1995 would surely want leather seats, right? So 2% of M3s sold with cloth. As the world turns, now the cloth seats are what everyone wants.

There is also the argument of weight. You could have a relatively lightweight Aventador if you forget all of the options. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who wants a "stripper" Aventador. In a decade, as all of the supercars become saddled with loads of electronics and complexity (they already are), it's possible that certain owners will lust after a basic build.

Just playing devils advocate.....

I don't think you can compare option desirability on a new Lambo (for relatively new resale) to a ~20 year old BMW - Age being the biggest factor.

... age along with the value of the car at the time of resale, it's easier on cheaper cars, you'd pay few hundred or few thousand more for options you really want which could constitute a fairly significant percentage of the car's value.

My experience and views with new cars and toys in general don't buy it with money you aren't prepared to lose, prepare to lose your shirt, view everything you get back as a bonus :icon_mrgreen: with that in mind option it for yourself not for the next guy, now if there are options which are desirable on the 2nd hand market cost you little to get and you can't retrofit them, it's common sense, just get them.

Upgraded stereo sounds great. First car I didn't have to rip the factory crap of.

Very important for resale!!!!!

Seats..... depends on where you live and where 2nd owner lives (your buyer)!!!

For me, in any sports car, either best possible stereos or stereo delete.

I can understand that choice, but weak stereo to me - on loud car - is just very annoying thing.

It's there taking up space&weight but propably not being able to succesfully overcome initial noises from car.

But having good stereos in sports car is great, even if it's rarely used, it comes to use when doing long road trips or while sitting on heavy traffic and I try to cool my boiling brains with soothing music, on the last verge before massive roadrage incident.

Though propably Lambo's "basic" stereo is better than I have ever heard in any car, so my point might be invalid...

My first bmw did not have a heated seats, drove it over 100000km, and propably because of months driving with exposed back to 0 to -30celsius degrees, that my lower back has something wrong and it's always cold nowadays. Here where I live it's must for ones health. Even more so in open top type car even when they're normally not driven through snow and salt…

Though propably Lambo's "basic" stereo is better than I have ever heard in any car, so my point might be invalid...

Sorry but all stock stereo units from any modern Lambo are crap. The original G had a bottom-of-the heap Panasonic unit from the Audi A4. The LP640's Kenwood was barely passable and the Aventador Sensonum isn't any better either.

Incidentally, has anyone taken out the OEM unit from the Aventador? If the Sensonum upgrade is just a more powerful amp, I wonder if the OEM unit has pre-out so that it can connect to a separate pwr-amp which would surely costs less and have better sound.

Guest vianett

I would choose the both, I like electronic seats and they are heated and for the sound, sometimes u may want just to listen to some good music while parked or other time

Upgraded stereo: this begs the question --- has anyone actually heard the "regular" version vs. the "upgraded" one back to back and/or done a direct A/B comparison? I think I'm going to test this out if the cars are available at the dealership.

Unlike the typical, "resale red, with tan and black interior and the necessary options for resale" Lamborghini Aventador's tend to go to buyers who spec them all differently. I think your car will be amazing but I highly recommend heated seats.

Unlike the typical, "resale red, with tan and black interior and the necessary options for resale" Lamborghini Aventador's tend to go to buyers who spec them all differently. I think your car will be amazing but I highly recommend heated seats.

Don't know if options can be added after the order has been submitted, but I contacted my dealer and we're trying to put back in my order the Heated/Electronic Seats option.

I don't see why not, but if it's a no go...then oh well...I'll live and still enjoy my beauty!

If we can add it back on, then Lamborghini will add it back into my order.

Don't know if options can be added after the order has been submitted, but I contacted my dealer and we're trying to put back in my order the Heated/Electronic Seats option.

I don't see why not, but if it's a no go...then oh well...I'll live and still enjoy my beauty!

If we can add it back on, then Lamborghini will add it back into my order.

With how far out your delivery is it shouldn't be a problem. Wise move.

I got the premium stereo, but no heated/power seats. Lambo's can't have so so stereos, even though I've never used it. Only time it was on was when I first bought the car to see if the sound is crisp.

As for the seats, I live in SoCal, never used heat in any of my cars. Power, why adjust if there are no other drivers. In most cases, those seats should be at the lowest position because the roof is so low.

Upgraded stereo: this begs the question --- has anyone actually heard the "regular" version vs. the "upgraded" one back to back and/or done a direct A/B comparison? I think I'm going to test this out if the cars are available at the dealership.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I considered not speccing the upgraded stereo, as I never use it in a supercar, but dealer said everyone that had ordered specced it so I did as well, as I thought it would effect resale if all the others had it. Maybe I got conned, would definitely have premium in a DD though.

It's the best system I've ever had in a car, however I only ever have it in at a very low level if in traffic, so a complete waste. Minute you start to move quicker it gets turned off.

I compared a MY2012 Aventador coupe with a stock stereo and a MY2013 coupe with the Sensonum upgrade stereo by playing the same 4 tunes on the same CD (vocal, classical, jazz & rock/pop) back & forth between both cars:

1) Both cars parked on drive way, engine off, battery connected to a trickle charger. Same volume level. At low volume (occupants inside can communicate softly without problem), both sounded almost identical; in fact, the stock stereo had a slightly stronger mid-bass. To be fair, that is a frequency bump so in terms of accuracy, the Sensonum ever so slightly edged out but in terms of pleasant sound (at low volume), the stock stereo sounded more appealing --- i.e. to each its own. At high volume (occupants had to raise their voices to be heard), the Sensonum sounded cleaner (that frequency bump on the stock stereo is now working against itself) and a bit "faster", but it's still too close to call. At very high volume (90+db, occupants cannot communicate inside the cabin), the Sensonum remains clean and well-defined but the stock is now muddled, every note is smearing onto the other; the amp is obviously running out of steam.

Verdict: at regular volume, it's a tie. The Sensonum only shines when volume is turned quite high. To me, that volume level is too high and will interfere with driving and it's also too loud for real music.

2) Both cars parked on drive way, engine running. Same volume level. At low volume, no surprise, both sounded identical. The frequency bump of the stock stereo can hardly be heard due to the car's own engine/exhaust noises; likewise, the Sensonum stereo cleaner sound is covered-up by the car's own noises. At higher volume, the Sensonum offered better highs so the definition is better (ever slightly cleaner sound) but the rest was on par between it and the stock stereo. At very high volume, it was just plain silly, the stereo was competing with the engine/exhaust noises. You have an aural-overload and nothing really makes sense. You can still hear that the Sensonum has cleaner sound due to better highs and slightly better lows but at this point, it really doesn't matter as it was simply too loud.

Verdict: makes no real-world difference due to the car's own noises. Sensonum is better only by academics. 90db+ inside a small confined space (i.e. car cabin) added with engine/exhaust noise is not a pleasant experience by any means

3) Cars are going down a normal suburban area at 40kph (25mph). Very similar results as (2) with more engine noise and road noises (i.e. ambient noise). Had to turn down the volume on the very high volume comparison as it was just too loud and was interfering with driving.

Verdict: same as (2). No difference to a layperson. The Sensonum is slightly faster/cleaner sounding but any sudden road noises would render it pointless.

4) Cars are on the highway at 100kph (60mph). Somewhat surprisingly, the noise from the cars themselves were not that much different than when they were at 25mph. Of course, the exhaust note was more prominent now which neutralized a lot of the mid-bass from the stereo. The only difference was ambient noises --- vehicles that passed by. At that time, those noises just neutralized whatever so-called high quality sound for either of the stereo. Ok, they are Lambo's so they are not suppose to have other vehicles "passing" them. But as speed was increased, you get louder engine/exhaust and road noises from the tires so any good tunes from the stereo had gotten somewhat drown-out.

Verdict: so close that it's not worth any further depiction other what had already said above.

Final verdict: the Sensonum stereo upgrade involves better speakers (not more speakers, just better quality speakers) with neodymium magnets (better magnets do make better speakers) and a higher power amplifier. This would result in cleaner/faster sound with better dynamics at both end of the audio spectrum. And this is apparent (just that, apparent, not outright obvious as night & day) when both cars are parked with engine off. So for those who like to park their cars and crank the stereo way up, perhaps the Sensonum is your cup of tea. For the rest, as soon as the engine is running, the ambient noises multiply and would only get worse as the engine revs up followed by road noises. Academically, the Sensonum is superior and when you start picking on the sound, i.e. pinpointing the highs, mids and lows separately, only then you hear a slight improvement from the Sensonum. I am not even going to try to go into sound-stage, vocal/instrument size ratio as there really isn't much one can do with a Lambo cabin. For the sake of simply providing background music or some pleasant tunes while driving, I honestly don't see the point of spending the extra $3-4K on the Sensonum upgrade. It is far from making a night and day difference. If you think the Sensonum would add value on the resale, then proceed by all means -- your car, your money, your enjoyment and your resale value. But from a pure aural perspective subject to price vs. sound quality (and that's factoring in the "rate of diminishing return" rule), the Sensonum upgrade is quite pointless. On a final note, these tests were all done in coupes; there is only one roadster in town and that's a dealer's car which had recently been sold and the owner is mothballing it for the winter. But you can imagine that the ambient noises would only get worse with the roadster and the sound between the stock & Sensonum stereo would only be less different.