Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

Paul Walker was best known for his movies and fast cars, but a former Santa Barbara jewelry store clerk will remember him most for his generosity.

Several years ago during the holiday season, Irene King says, an associate nudged her and said, “There’s Paul Walker.”

“Oh, OK, yeah,” King said with a smile. “I said, ‘Yeah, he’s a nice-looking man.’”

“The Fast and the Furious” star was shopping in the store at the same time as a soldier who had just finished up his first tour of duty in Iraq. The soldier was heading overseas again and was shopping with his fiancee, looking at engagement rings.

“She saw something that she really, really liked, but he said, ‘Honey, I can’t afford that,’” King said.

That “something” was a $10,000 engagement set, King said. Walker had overheard the conversation.

“He called the manager and he said, ‘Umm, the ring that those people are looking at – put it on my tab,’” King remembered. “Soon after that, he just left.”

When the couple asked whom to thank, the store said it was an anonymous gift.

King and the jewelry store’s employees kept the secret for more than a decade. But with Walker’s death, they want the world to know of his generosity.

King’s son retold the story on his Facebook page after news spread of Walker’s death.

“To do something like that to a perfect stranger is just unbelievable,” King said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/12/02/...oldier-fiancee/

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good example of this is the 12c. same weight, more power and also 2wd but handles like its on rails. just goes to show you what 7 years of technology has done to exotics.

This is something Ive said for a long time. Cars today have limits so incredibly high, that they are boring... To get that feel of excitement you need to push soo hard, that when you do reach the limit.. you are totally fucked! Out in the canyons in the GTR, i can go around at 3x the speed of the fastest I would attempt in my Diablo, with one finger on the wheel, and drinking an espresso..

This is something Ive said for a long time. Cars today have limits so incredibly high, that they are boring... To get that feel of excitement you need to push soo hard, that when you do reach the limit.. you are totally fucked! Out in the canyons in the GTR, i can go around at 3x the speed of the fastest I would attempt in my Diablo, with one finger on the wheel, and drinking an espresso..

Dare I ask where the other finger is

Ha, I was just about to post this.. DISGUSTING.. I put it on my FB page for everyone to let her know how they feel, and call for an apology. Last week my page reached 25 million people so she will have her hands full!

Ha, I was just about to post this.. DISGUSTING.. I put it on my FB page for everyone to let her know how they feel, and call for an apology. Last week my page reached 25 million people so she will have her hands full!

Good...I almost didn't post it, obviously they are looking for traffic. Hopefully the backlash will push advertisers away.

Good...I almost didn't post it, obviously they are looking for traffic. Hopefully the backlash will push advertisers away.

What a cunt. We should email her a bunch of pictures of dicks. I know it says she's hetero, but I guarantee shes a lesbo.

What a cunt. We should email her a bunch of pictures of dicks. I know it says she's hetero, but I guarantee shes a lesbo.

I think any response will just embolden the site. More traffic more $. Contacting the advertisers is the way to go.

Bitch needs a good donkey punch...fking tranny.

LOL, I have her FB page blowing up with hate comments.. She bitching for the hate to stop.. LOL

That was pretty funny, considering she is hiding behind the 1st amendment.

Her quote:I'm getting really sick and tired of all these nasty comments left in my inbox. Have any of you troglodytes ever heard of the First Amendment before? Get your lives together and then come back and talk smack to me!

Definition of irony see above. And an idiot who doesn't understand how the 1st amendment works.

Site is down and Facebook page must be deleted because its not coming up any more.

Agreed. Compare that to the early days of the 4 speed Porsche 930 Turbo's. Hard to even compare, but in those days with a few mods, felt like the front wheels would come off the ground. They would get tail happy in the wet and fwy on/off ramps were your worst enemy. The newer twin turbo Porsches with all the electronics and stability controls can give an average driver wayyyy too much confidence. Scary to see where we came from, but happy to have these on newer super cars.

:iamwithstupid: Me too! We have 250 exotics coming Saturday for toys for tots rally. I hope we have some kind of tribute to P and R. That would be very nice

:iamwithstupid: Me too! We have 250 exotics coming Saturday for toys for tots rally. I hope we have some kind of tribute to P and R. That would be very nice

You can get decals from his charity's page for like $5 each or less if you buy in bulk. It'd be cool for a lot of cars to sport them. Show support and give to charity at the same time.

http://roww.3dcartstores.com

I sincerely hope that woman doesn't procreate and introduce more incompassionate a-holes into the world.