Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that place and that car well. RIP. supposedly it happened at less than 45 MPH. Pics of the car and my roadster.

Looking at the tree that went half way through the car.. I dont think it was 45mph...

Looking at the tree that went half way through the car.. I dont think it was 45mph...

I agree! And if the car looks like that after a 45mph crash and explodes, I would say Porsche need to rethink its safety strategy.

Awful..RIP

Myself, dreamcast18 and another buddy were at his shop a few months ago...looks like he crashed it right there.

was planning to make it out to the event today to as Leonard and Sean were trying hard to get folks involved.

truly sad.

looks like it is the CGT we saw during the visit:

1004934_10100175120239448_1801433957_n.jpg

RIP...he was never on track to win an Oscar, but he was a true car guy and by all accounts pretty down to earth. Whether you have a high-powered sports car or a minivan, it's a sobering reminder that the most dangerous thing you do everyday is get in a car.

Yeah--no way that was 45mph, more like 90mph. I was just driving mine today and had it out on Road Atlanta for a few parade laps. The car is a blast to drive, but commands respect at all times. I went out in my CGT a few weeks ago with my friend Leh Keen (2009 Rolex Grand Am champ and 2nd in GT in 2010 24hr Leman race) and though he toyed with the car a bit, he never pushed it too hard--showing it the proper respect the whole drive.

Nonetheless, a very tragic story. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families.....

Man, you really have to respect the Carrera GT. Someone on another board posted this (poor quality) video of Jay Leno losing control of one at 190MPH. This easily could have been a fatal accident too.

"(Pictured above: Paul Walker and his Financial Advisor, Roger Rodas.) Roger Rodas, like his client, is not just an auto-racing enthusiast but also a committed philanthropist. Before helping Paul Walker establish Reach Out Worldwide, Rodas had created a foundation to support widows and orphans in his native El Salvador. The experience proved invaluable as he worked with Walker. Rodas and Walker had been friends and had been racing for several years before they began collaborating on Walker's finances."

post-60315-1385873627.jpg

I'm posting this with a throw away account because I don't want to profit from this tragedy, but here are some facts about the accident today that everyone needs to know:

I was at the event an hour before the crash and 3 of my close friends were first responders at the scene.

Important Edit - I've received some extra info and it seems that it's inconclusive that Roger was driving. We'd have to wait for an official coroner's report. I do not want to be hasty and blame an innocent person.

They were NOT street racing - There was no other car involved

The only car involved was a Porsche Carrera GT owned by Always Evolving, which is part owned by Paul Walker

The crash happened on a quiet industrial area, directly in front of the AE shop

Paul was there to support a Christmas Toy Drive - This was NOT a racing event / underground street race / anything of the sort

Roger lost control of the car, spun, hit a pole and the car broke in half and burned

Edit: There were NO DRUGS and NO ALCOHOL involved, at all. There was zero alcohol at the event.

Paul was a very casual acquaintance of mine, I doubt if he even remembers who I was, but he was very close friends with a good friend of mine - Paul was was very gracious to everyone he met and an overall nice guy.

Please help me dispel any rumors that could taint his memory - Yes, he was the Fast and Furious guy, but street racing and endangering lives was not his thing.

Paul has done great work with his charity Reach Out WorldWide including sending medical teams and supplies to the Philippines recently.

Clarification: I was NOT at the scene and was not a witness, I left to go get some food and heard about the accident and the fire dept was already gone by the time I returned.

Edit this is where the crash happened. The AE shop is directly behind it. http://goo.gl/maps/J85LQ (More accurate links have been posted)

Edit 2 - For what it's worth, this is the event Paul was there to support - If you want to donate in Paul's memory http://www.roww.org would be the charity to donate to.

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1r...n_car_accident/