Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was Porsches fault...not the dumbass racing on the public street on decade old tires.

http://jalopnik.com/porsche-is-being-sued-...eath-1575430490

Terrible tragedy but this lawsuit needs to be thrown out.

WTF is wrong with our legal system? Next thing you know, drunk drivers will start suing bars and nightclubs for intoxicating them to the point of no return. :eusa_wall:

WTF is wrong with our legal system? Next thing you know, drunk drivers will start suing bars and nightclubs for intoxicating them to the point of no return. :eusa_wall:

That already happens. In my state if a bar doesn't cut someone off when they are visibly

Intoxicated and they drive and cause an accident the bar can potentially share liability.

Basically, any time someone dies or is crippled, there is money to be had. This widow is probly one of the 1% club and that's not enough for her.

The same thing happened to a 2005 cgt crash. It involved two widows. One sue the other along with Porsche, track organizer

Shades of when Cory and Ben died in Bens CGT at Calfornia Speedway. Coreys wife sued pretty much everyone: Porsche, the track, Bens estate and the guy who got in the way when getting onto the track. I think she was awarded around 5mil and Porsche did pick up some of it.

I don't see how this lawsuit stands a chance. Roger was clearly going way too fast and there are no mitigating factors (in Bens case the track wall had been repositioned in a "dangerous" manner and some blame could probably be ascribed to how the marshall/ferrari driver handled his entrance onto the main straight).

We've become a nation of litigants. It's time to take responsibility for our own actions. Geeze

You mean people in general take responsibility for their own actions????? That would go against everything the current administration is trying to do......

I agree with you 100% for the record. A lot of this country is such a joke.

This exact thing put a friend of mine out of business for good... they claimed his employees over-served .

It was even proven the customer had multiple shots / drinks at the previous establishment he had

came from. Fucker left my friends bar, drove a few miles and crashed into a van stopped at an intersection.

He is in prison and a child that was in the van was crippled for life. Horrible turn of events... The family

of the child are the one's I feel truly sorry for.

Maybe if she wins Paul Walkers wife and kids can sue her for her winnings because it was her husband that killed him.

Justice served. haha

Her suit is almost nuisance level.

Car had ancient tires, police report states they were speeding. Accident damage could indicate the same. Internal race car memo's are probably what they are going to use and the massive media scrutiny that Porsche would want to avoid.

Classic example of a law firm throwing mud on a wall, maybe it will stick, maybe not. Low cost of entry for them, potentially big upside, the entity being sued always has more to lose and then an incentive to settle. Do it enough and it pays off for the law firms.

I just got done with a bs workers comp suit, three of the five plaintiffs never worked for me.....all filed the same claim on the same day using the same law firm and were "injured" in the same time frame.....

Our insurance co settled for negligible amounts, my experience modifier went through the roof, no other claims in 10 years.

Car had ancient tires, police report states they were speeding. Accident damage could indicate the same. Internal race car memo's are probably what they are going to use and the massive media scrutiny that Porsche would want to avoid.

Classic example of a law firm throwing mud on a wall, maybe it will stick, maybe not. Low cost of entry for them, potentially big upside, the entity being sued always has more to lose and then an incentive to settle. Do it enough and it pays off for the law firms.

I just got done with a bs workers comp suit, three of the five plaintiffs never worked for me.....all filed the same claim on the same day using the same law firm and were "injured" in the same time frame.....

Our insurance co settled for negligible amounts, my experience modifier went through the roof, no other claims in 10 years.

Damn... So true

Porsche may fight it hard, it's difficult to ignore the precedent a settlement would set for the company. All of a sudden the headlines read, "Porsche build unsafe cars!" and that's bad for business when you have to worry about every fender-bender costing you 25 grand to settle.

I have met very few people in my lifetime that admit they fucked up and take responsibility for their actions, I can count them on my hands. The rest always have an excuse, it is never their fault and since the screwed up system allows once to sue for monetary gain, we have a society that is going the drain.