Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much so, especially knowing the circumstances and the fact that he was inside the car.

But this really does raise a question that I would like to get your opinions on….you see a car in 3' flames, you are aware there are people in the car, you are also aware you have a wife and kids at home. What do you do??

The FB comments insinuate that the guy that took the video is a coward, etc. But is he??

Not a rhetorical question, really wondering what someone would do in this situation.

Nothing anyone could have done even if they wanted unless they saw it happen and there was no fire or very small. That fire would be WAY too hot for anyone to get anywhere near in the video. You would get get fried if you tried.

Not that ANYTHING could be done, but I would sprint to a burning car (doesn't matter make/model or who's in it) to try and help. It looks like the passenger was dead on impact and the driver probably wasn't conscious after that impact. Very sad.

I've had the privilege of meeting both Paul and Roger. They were both TRUE car enthusiasts and together they had the sickest garage that I've personally ever seen. Paul couldn't have been nicer the few times I saw him. He was so laid back and always happy. Roger was a true business man. Last time I saw him was last July when he drove his twin supercharged F430 to an event I was at. They both had a lot of time and experience behind the wheel and were both better drivers than I will ever be. It's crazy to think that because it shows that this can really happen to anyone.

Be safe out there guys. The world lost two great people today. RIP Paul and Roger.

Very very sad news, RIP Paul and Roger, taken long before your time, thought are with your families and friends.

Horrible news....

Met him once years ago at a club in Miami as he was dating a girl I knew from High School. Seemed like a nice guy.

RIP

Guest Dereiter

This is terrible news.

Paul was a great actor.

R.I.P. to both.

man... now I REALLY am not sure about getting a cgt.... That car is just too dangerous to own as you never know when that car is going to turn around and bite you.... especially considering these guys were around all kinds of cars...

RIP, Paul

Question: I see a lot of people on different forums point to the car splitting in half as proof that the car was doing more than the reported 45 mph, but wasn't the CGT designed to split in half in a side impact? I know the bolts connecting the subframes on the Enzo, Aventador, and Huayra to their tubs are all supposed to fail in order to protect the occupants in a side impact collision. If that's the case with the CGT as well, then would it not matter what speed they were traveling at?

Seems like the free they hit, looks skinny. The implication being that it cut right through the car like a knife. Hard to see from the pics but its possible the passenger died upon impact as he would have been in the path of the tree. If they were to have hit a light pole, that sucker would have broken right off and they'd be fine. A wider tree? Don't know. It's just a damn shame... Very very sad...

Seems like the free they hit, looks skinny. The implication being that it cut right through the car like a knife. Hard to see from the pics but its possible the passenger died upon impact as he would have been in the path of the tree. If they were to have hit a light pole, that sucker would have broken right off and they'd be fine. A wider tree? Don't know. It's just a damn shame... Very very sad...

Tree looks relatively unscathed. Even 45 is fast going sideways.

Tree looks relatively unscathed. Even 45 is fast going sideways.

Yup. 45mpg is still no joke to hit an immovable object.

Remember when Donnie sold his cgt suddenly because he said it kept trying to kill him.

So what exactly does the CGT do to drivers that makes it such a death trap apparently? Does it have a habit of just suddenly spinning out of control on people or something? And what would cause that?

I mean that's some BS if these guys were doing only like 45 mph and the freaking car caused them to lose control and die.

I don't think I'd blame the CGT. People die in accidents like this all the time. Not so long ago a guy died in a Murcielago in Cali hitting a tree at 30mph..

I don't think I'd blame the CGT. People die in accidents like this all the time. Not so long ago a guy died in a Murcielago in Cali hitting a tree at 30mph..

We need those women that keep lobbying for mandatory back up cameras in all cars so they don't run over their children to focus their attention on lobbying our government for safer trees.