Paul Walker Reported Dead in Car Crash

Gilligan740

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably was too much car for the driver. I also wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they were racing another vehicle.

Professional driver.

I just talked to a guy who drove out there last night. Lots of car people driving there to check the site. The lower class people doing burnouts and acting like idiots.

He said some idiot in a skyline did a burnout in front of a cop parked there. The idiot immediatly got pulled over.

I had no idea PS fluid was flammable. Thanks for that info guys.

As a general rule of thumb coolant is about the only non-flammable fluid in your average vehicle. Even the windshield wiper fluid (sometimes over 50% methanol) will ignite. Brake fluid and PS fluid burn exceptionally well with relatively low fire points (sub 500F).

TMZ ( take it with a grain of salt) is reporting that AE believe it was a mechanical failure. They say the car was never modded and hardly driven. They believe the lack of skid marks and the fluid leaked all over the road are due to a power steering failure. They also believe this failure provided the flammable material needed to help the car ignite so quickly.

Seems pretty damn far fetched to me but I can understand the need to find anything to blame besides a freak accident occuring.

That was certainly it... the power steering blew... Had nothing to do with them going fast enough to take out a concrete poll, shatter the car to pieces and barrel into a tree.

very, very sad :( RIP Paul & Roger

ill never forget, the 1st time I ran my CGT against my GTR on I95. I dropped down to 3rd gear and punched it, my tires broke loose and I was sliding at 60mph. I thought it was all over. I had the original tires but the dealer told me I was fine for another few thousand miles. they were wrong. I right away changed to pilot super sports and that probably saved my ass a few times. I loved that car, but you really have to becareful as we can see. sliding sideways at 60-70mph is very tough to get out of.

IMO the terracotta looks hot against the black, but terrible against the silver and yellow. I would try for black interior if possible. also make sure you have some money set aside for the "CGT service/maint. fund" and get to know your local certified tech real well!

I also used to do the crazy street racing stuff, but things like this make you open your eyes. I think you can get the same rush at the track where there are no trees and light poles. I think this is a much safer alternative.

good luck

If you are going straight.. spinning tires isnt that big of an issue no?

Police investigating tip that another car was racing them. Or tgat another vehicle veered in front of them.

such a short amount of distance from that corner...

I think they were going the other way, because that light pole that is down is on the other side of your green line and looks to have been flattened (ran over). If they were going the way you have from A to B and ended up at that tree, they wouldn't have made it to the light pole.

such a short amount of distance from that corner...

After seeing that, my guess is: too much speed in the turn + driver lifted/tapped brakes/up-shifted = snap oversteer.

spinning tires and the car drifting sideways at 65mph scared the piss out of me.

It's so surreal to see that this happened. I've been to AE so many times as we deal with them all the time. Roger has ADV.1s on his twin supercharged F430, his Ford GT, SLS and a few other cars. Last time I saw him was last year and he was driving around the office like a race track. Granted, he was a very good driver and had a lot of experience. So unfortunate that this happened however this happened. Mechanical failure is almost worse in my opinion...

Also read a report that Rogers 8 year old son was one of the first people there and tried to get him out... so sad.

fcuk. I could have gone without hearing that. Breaks my heart.

:iamwithstupid:

Damn that's gut wrenching to hear!

Guys please be careful out there, give those high power machines the respect they deserve.

They just had the guy from the shop on one of the morning shows, and he tried to veer away from the 45mph questions simply stating you could hear some RPMS going...

Also, they keep saying the car wasnt running right because the shop guy kept stalling it, prior to Rojas jumping in. Simple explanation if you dont know how to use that clutch, it will stall. They also say that Paul jumped in the car last second, because he said he wanted a ride in the car.. Do you think they went for a leisurely cruise at 45 mph?

it is if you're going over 70 MPH....

I was coming home from a track event in my Viper ACR (609 whp) and gunned it (going straight) towards the top of 2nd gear, at ~70 MPH, It had never spun in that scenario before, but this time it spun very quickly and started going sideways, taking me by surprise, the car moved over one lane at around a 30 degree angle and I was able to recover but it wasn't pretty... friend behind me thought I was going in the ditch for sure...

If you're expecting it that's one thing, but when it comes unexpected, it's scary.... with no stability control, CGT/FGT/Viper you've got to be ready...

It's fairly simple, they were going fast, the driver lost control for whatever reason, they slammed into stationary objects with enough force to cause the car to split in half catch fire and kill both occupants, an absolute tragedy, there is no use for the blame game nothing will change the outcome, nothing will make it better, the guys are gone families left behind, may they rest in peace :(

I've heard many times that the CGT is a handful. Heard it here on LP, also I was told by a gentlemen in his 60s I knew who owned one in my area years ago: "The CGT was bar far the best sounding car I had. The noise was incredible, friends would tell me it startled them as I passed them even though they knew I was coming. Great car but I had to sell it, it scared the hell out of me."

The news was a shock to me when I saw it on Saturday and the circumstances are just sad through all accounts. Not because of the celebrity aspect, but because they were two car guys doing what they enjoyed. Accidents happen and we all need to just be a bit more careful when driving anything that we have.

RIP to Paul Walker and Roger Rodas

I was coming home from a track event in my Viper ACR (609 whp) and gunned it (going straight) towards the top of 2nd gear, at ~70 MPH, It had never spun in that scenario before, but this time it spun very quickly and started going sideways, taking me by surprise, the car moved over one lane at around a 30 degree angle and I was able to recover but it wasn't pretty... friend behind me thought I was going in the ditch for sure...

If you're expecting it that's one thing, but when it comes unexpected, it's scary.... with no stability control, CGT/FGT/Viper you've got to be ready...

Of Course, but I would think that in any of those cars you would expect that wheel spin was always a possibility.. Also, I like to bust Mac N its, balls, cause word on the street from Miami is that he drives like a little girl.. :icon_butt:

A very bad error in judgment by the driver caused a nasty crash that cost the lives of both driver and passenger. The media and others are looking for every possible scenario to pass the buck on responsibility and blame it on mechanical failure, tricky car, bad tires etc.

Bottom line is and it is very sad, the driver fucked up, plain and simple. All the hypothesizing and speculation will not bring either one of them back and if there is a lesson to be learned from this, life is very precious and fragile, let's not abuse it recklessly.

May both RIP.

FGT is the most stable car I have ever driven. Mine has NEVER spun sideways on the freeway more than just a tiny bit. I wouldn't put the FGT in the same context as the CGT and Viper.

I've seen Stacey B go 2 full lanes to the side in his yellow Viper.

A very bad error in judgment by the driver caused a nasty crash that cost the lives of both driver and passenger. The media and others are looking for every possible scenario to pass the buck on responsibility and blame it on mechanical failure, tricky car, bad tires etc.

Bottom line is and it is very sad, the driver fucked up, plain and simple. All the hypothesizing and speculation will not bring either one of them back and if there is a lesson to be learned from this, life is very precious and fragile, let's not abuse it recklessly.

May both RIP.

Truth right there. :iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid: thank you, dam right its scary. when you punch it and drop a gear at 70mph and your sideways on 95 your balls hit your throat. I don't care what car your driving. I love the cgt, but either way you look at it the car is a handful. I remember my friends telling me that I looked like i had anxiety everytime I drove it lol

im not surprised one bit about this accident. once you drive one and push it a bit, you will agree. (except if you are a pro driver ex.webster)

very scary, but very rewarding at the same time.

Allan will have this car for 6 months lol (but he will make a few bucks when he sells it)