C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

Emailed a few dealers. Hopefully one of them can get me a spot. Thinking yellow with the 7 speed manual.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remove the stupid filter. It's fcuking up all the links. This is a car that several LP members are interested in.

+1. its like talking to the wall… good luck lol

• 1 month later...
Pricing starts at $78,995 for the coupe and $83,995 for the convertible. Both those figures include destination, but don't include things like tax, title, license and optional equipment. And as we revealed when the order guide surfaced, there is some enticing optional equipment on offer.

An extra $2,995 will get you the Carbon Fiber Ground Effects package with enhanced aero. $7,995 will get you the Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes, upgraded tires and even more aggressive aero.

2015 Corvette Plastic mess-06 Order Guide Leaks Out

Thanks to the team at Corvette Blogger we finally get a look at the full order guide for the all-new Corvette Plastic mess-06, well everything but the price that is. As they note one of the most interesting specifications on the new super POS is it's surprising curb weight, which comes in at 3,524 lbs for the Coupe, and 3,582 lbs. for the drop-top.

Considering the 2013 Corvette Plastic mess-06′s curb weight was 3,175 lbs, and 3,333 lbs. for the old ZR1, we are left scratching our heads a bit considering the 2015 Plastic mess-06's use of a new aluminum frame structure.

Despite the added pounds, we wouldn't kick Big Nasty out of our garage and with 650hp under the front hood, we'll probably never notice the increased curb weight anyway!

PDF doc here -> http://www.corvetteblogger.com/docs/...rder-Guide.pdf

When are the track times/ quarter mile times coming out???

Really looking forward to seeing performance numbers!!!

is that weight quoted, with the 8-speed automatic? would be no surprise.

if thats the weight of the manual Plastic mess-06, then yes, that is a big disappointment

• 1 month later...

Corvette Zee06 cracks 3-second 0-60, 1.2 g on skidpad.

Chevrolet has now confirmed that the new Zee06 will run from 0 to 60 miles per hour in less than 3 seconds – 2.95 seconds, to be precise, when equipped with the eight-speed automatic transmission. Stick with the standard seven-speed manual and you're looking at 3.2 seconds, which is still a few tenths quicker than the previous ZR1, which the new Zee06 effectively replaces. It's awfully hard to verify such things, but this could very well be the first front-engine, rear-drive production car to crack the three-second barrier.

Impressed? Hold on, there's more: the Zee06 will run the quarter-mile in 10.95 seconds with the automatic, 11.2 with the manual – either way reaching 127 mph by the end of the strip. It takes less than 100 feet (barely longer than a regulation basketball court) to stop from 60 mph, and will circle the skidpad at 1.2 g. (All the downforce that helps achieve that last figure, though, is expected to hamper the as-yet unquoted top speed.)

127 is a little disappointing but we will see how it does when customers get their hands on it.

127 is a little disappointing but we will see how it does when customers get their hands on it.

Yes but new 10 second car under $100,000 with a warranty?? Pretty awesome IMO.

Can't wait to see what a full stock car with R888's or full DR's runs.

Gut tells me bolt ons+tires+pulley+tune=9's

I agree. But i also think its on 91 octane and not great DA. I think with a good driver on a sticky track it will go low 10s in owners hands.

with simple bolt ons it could go 134-135 maybe 9.9s.. Its Heavier than i expected 3600lbs is no joke.

am I the only one who thinks 10.9 is slow for this car? i hope they are faster once customers get their hands on them

10.9 is the same speed a GTR runs and the zeeee ohhhhhh six is :

600lbs lighter

has 2 more cylinders

2 + more liters of displacement

100 more hp

200 more ft lbs of trq

am I the only one who thinks 10.9 is slow for this car? i hope they are faster once customers get their hands on them

10.9 is the same speed a GTR runs and the zeeee ohhhhhh six is :

600lbs lighter

has 2 more cylinders

2 + more liters of displacement

100 more hp

200 more ft lbs of trq

Traction, buddy, traction.

When you report that the GTR traps faster than the Z, then there's much cause for concern.

Rolling acceleration should be faster by a noticeable amount, and will certainly feel that way.

• 3 weeks later...