C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

You know Mike, for a big fan of forced induction you are going against the grain with these videos.

Either that or your homerism for your own car is showing. :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Mike, for a big fan of forced induction you are going against the grain with these videos.

Either that or your homerism for your own car is showing. :icon_mrgreen:

I like fast cars....whatever method gets you there (well maybe other than nitrous) is fine by me.

I would honestly love a New C7Z, and think its an awesome car as its essentially my car but MUCH better with new features (supercharger, better seats, WAY better tech), and more comfort/less road noise which would be ideal. I will probably pick one up at some point, but want to pay my house off before adding any new toys.

But for what it is, I really enjoy my car for going out and driving fast. It is NOT a fun car for taking your wife to dinner, or driving to and from work in traffic, or to take your boss to lunch in. It is loud, it is stiff, it is unforgiving, it lives up to its moniker here for being a plastic mess-rattles, creaks, center console gets hot, after removing the cats-you get an exhaust smell in it, etc. But it goes like STINK. With light mods, it has COMPLETELY outpowered the crappy stock tires. Second gear light roll onto the gas to full power with right foot, and the rear end completely breaks loose. Has broken completely loose on dry surface at 90mph on the highway in third gear on me. It likely weighs a tick over 3000lbs right now. Can be in the 2,800-2,900lb range quite easily which is BRUTAL in a car which easily produces 550-600rwhp with H/C+boltons.

Saw my first one in person today. Black and actually from out of state but looked pretty good. Still don't think I would take it over a Viper but still looked good for a stock car.

Saw my first one in person today. Black and actually from out of state but looked pretty good. Still don't think I would take it over a Viper but still looked good for a stock car.

:iamwithstupid:

New Viper looks amazing in the flesh. Would have to drive both back to back to be able to decide between them.

• 6 months later...

You would think by now they would look at the hot selling colors of other exotics and add a few. This color looks pretty damn good on this car. I am sure some of the blues and oranges would as well, much better than that GM burnt orange.

While I like the new Z 0 6/7 I find them much harder to distinguish from the C6 versions. They aren't as flared, or at least seem as much as the old ones. And I've seen multiple trucks full of them leaving KY heading up through cincy recently.

While I like the new Z 0 6/7 I find them much harder to distinguish from the C6 versions. They aren't as flared, or at least seem as much as the old ones. And I've seen multiple trucks full of them leaving KY heading up through cincy recently.

The coolness factor for the C7 dropped about 80% for me around mid-summer when I went to a local cars and coffee and there were 8 of them there, including 2 Plastic mess-06's. Bear in mind this is out of maybe 40 cars, and I live in an area where you might see a GTR or Viper once a year and a Ferrari or Lambo less often than that. It seems like I see a C7 every time I go out now.

The coolness factor for the C7 dropped about 80% for me around mid-summer when I went to a local cars and coffee and there were 8 of them there, including 2 Plastic mess-06's. Bear in mind this is out of maybe 40 cars, and I live in an area where you might see a GTR or Viper once a year and a Ferrari or Lambo less often than that. It seems like I see a C7 every time I go out now.

I live in a small town and we have at last count 3 of them running around. The guy with a 94' RT/10 viper gets more attention.

I live in a small town and we have at last count 3 of them running around. The guy with a 94' RT/10 viper gets more attention.

I'd imagine a Prowler would too. :icon_mrgreen:

Is the mid engine still going to be a POS or are they creating a new model? I am in the suburbs of NYC and have seen very few new z's. More base models, although I saw a yellow vert about a week ago that looked pretty bad ass. I like the POS very much but would take a viper any day of the week.