C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was massively excited for this C7 Plastic mess-06 , but I am disappointed.

4 laps, and it had to coast and/or stop to cool down !?! Okay it looked sunny, hot, but nonetheless its November! This is shocking, very disappointing.

1,605 kgs ... thats heavier again than even the C6 ZR1.

Looks awesome, and sounds fantastic; but if you want a track car; get a C6 Plastic mess-06, put in some bucket seats, change the suspension, and you have an epic n/a track car weighing 1,420kg; without the engine ever losing power.

Love the new Plastic mess-06, sick car.

But I must say, they should have kept the tradition of the Plastic mess-06 and kept it N/A, 7.0+ liter and saved the blower for a ZR1 variant.

Maybe GM marketing feels there isn't a market anymore for both cars, so they tried to combine the two. But for pure track cars, a lighter NA is usually better than a heavier forced induction. Turbos seem to work a lot better for the track than a blower but a turbo IMO is not "kosher" for a car like this (just like a blower would be weird on an exotic).

How have Ford GTs fared on the track relating to this issue? The overall stress to a 5.4 liter DOHC V8 putting out 550 hp should be less than a 6.2 liter OHV V8 putting out 650+.

That white one looks great. Did I read somewhere that the top on all of these is removable and they are also making a convertible version?

That white one looks great. Did I read somewhere that the top on all of these is removable and they are also making a convertible version?

Yes Both. The coupe has a removable carbon fiber top and theres also a full convertible.

Love the new Plastic mess-06, sick car.

But I must say, they should have kept the tradition of the Plastic mess-06 and kept it N/A, 7.0+ liter and saved the blower for a ZR1 variant.

Maybe GM marketing feels there isn't a market anymore for both cars, so they tried to combine the two. But for pure track cars, a lighter NA is usually better than a heavier forced induction. Turbos seem to work a lot better for the track than a blower but a turbo IMO is not "kosher" for a car like this (just like a blower would be weird on an exotic).

How have Ford GTs fared on the track relating to this issue? The overall stress to a 5.4 liter DOHC V8 putting out 550 hp should be less than a 6.2 liter OHV V8 putting out 650+.

Corvette's Chief Engineer has gone on record and stated that their original intention was to go with a high output, high revving N/A V8, but it couldn't meet federal emissions regulations.

So the auto apparently hasn't been released yet, or even made available to order. That's why the sales guy has 4 available at MSRP--they're all manuals. He says on his web page he has 26 orders waiting to input, and 90% of them are for autos. Would be interesting to know what the hold up on the auto is and whether GM has put a hold on them due to a problem, etc. Oh and gee Dodge, you think maybe an auto or DCT for that Viper might have made sense now?

So the auto apparently hasn't been released yet, or even made available to order. That's why the sales guy has 4 available at MSRP--they're all manuals. He says on his web page he has 26 orders waiting to input, and 90% of them are for autos. Would be interesting to know what the hold up on the auto is and whether GM has put a hold on them due to a problem, etc. Oh and gee Dodge, you think maybe an auto or DCT for that Viper might have made sense now?

Order banks opened yesterday for the automatics...

Underrated the torque numbers for sure. That car pretty much has 700 lb ft of torque at the engine.

Underrated the torque numbers for sure. That car pretty much has 700 lb ft of torque at the engine.

Then why is it trapping 126-127 in the mag tests so far? That's more hp and tq than the ZR-1 dynoed, and it trapped 129 or so in the same tests. If that dyno is accurate it seems to me this car should trap 130-131.

Then why is it trapping 126-127 in the mag tests so far? That's more hp and tq than the ZR-1 dynoed, and it trapped 129 or so in the same tests. If that dyno is accurate it seems to me this car should trap 130-131.

I think it's heavier, and the lose power quick when it heats up.

With some mods to control the temps it should help a lot.

I have a feeling once customers get them to the track all the mag tests will work themselves out.... :icon_mrgreen:

I think it's heavier, and the lose power quick when it heats up.

With some mods to control the temps it should help a lot.

It is by I believe 100-200lbs

It is a bit heavier but not nearly as heavy as the Hellcat, which traps about the same. Something doesn't add up, but I guess we'll see what happens when they start hitting the track in owner's hands any time now.

The car is not a straight line drag racer for sure--it has way too much aero downforce for that. In fact, at Road Atlanta the top speed on the back straight for the ZO7 package with Milner driving was 154mph---it was 162mph with the aero 2 pkg--probably even higher if they had tested the Aero 1 (lowest amount of drag). One magazine said the Z07 aero put more than 500 more pounds of force down than the aero 2 package. The 1:29.8 time Milner ran was only 3 sec slower than GT/LM race cars that ran at Petite Leman this year (and his time was on Cup 2's, not full on race rubber). The 1.19 lat g reading and the brakes make this a track weapon/monster, plain and simple! It will need to be modified aerodynamically to be an effective dragster.