C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

Yes Both. The coupe has a removable carbon fiber top and theres also a full convertible.

how long before we start seeing the convertible on the streets? i saw a blue one at the Auto Show and it looked great.

post-19994-1417915793_thumb.jpg

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

Nice Find !

Viper > V ette regardless of what was to be the outcome of the races. Viper still wears the crown

Nice Find !

Viper > V ette regardless of what was to be the outcome of the races. Viper still wears the crown

Yeah i'd take that white T/A every single time. Sure didn't go as planned for the POS guy.

People on corvette forum are complaining about the performance of this car. I was expecting it to do better than that against a Viper. How bad are the heat soak issues everyone are talking about?

I don't think you can draw conclusions from one race with a driver who is not able to shift the car properly. I have a Viper, so I'm not hating! Just don't think there is much difference between the 2 cars in a straight line--nor should their be considering their power ratings. My buddy has an orange TA and similar driving skills to me, so I'm looking forward to running them against each other at the track.

People on corvette forum are complaining about the performance of this car. I was expecting it to do better than that against a Viper. How bad are the heat soak issues everyone are talking about?

From what I'm reading it's becoming very noticeable from new owners taking delivery that even after 3 or 4 pulls they are losing serious top end power to heat soak.

People are speculating that's why they haven't released a ring number because after being on thr track racing hard for more then a few minutes it's losing major power.

This could end up needing a cooling fix from the factory. Maybe it will be fixed in future model years?

From what I'm reading it's becoming very noticeable from new owners taking delivery that even after 3 or 4 pulls they are losing serious top end power to heat soak.

People are speculating that's why they haven't released a ring number because after being on thr track racing hard for more then a few minutes it's losing major power.

This could end up needing a cooling fix from the factory. Maybe it will be fixed in future model years?

Shocking the amount of people who are claiming to cancel orders and such at this point.

If it's all related to IAT, they have a huge task ahead of themselves to fix it. Will take a massive heat exchanger on the IC and then you can run into overall airflow and cooling issues.

I'm shocked they would release a car this way, and even more so someone at GM didn't bring a Viper TA in and run them head to head.

The flip side being, the Viper is quite a bit faster than people are giving it credit for.

Just saw this. Pretty disappointing overall other than the fact that A shop just got 663rwhp and about the same torque out of intake/pulley/tune. Would be interested to see how much more that car heat soaks vs stock.

I'm sure someone will figure out the heat issue. Better for all of us as people will cancel orders and drive the price down so I can trade mine in for a newer one.

This may explain some things, but I can't seem to get the link to work. Maybe someone a lot smarter than I can get it to work?

The filter is fcuking you.

Jist of it is obviously it's all in the PCM tuning, and what triggers it to pull a fcuk load of timing. Sure it can be fixed, voiding the warranty and potentially blowing the motor.

Update: GM has responded, explaining the reasons behind the ECU setup reigning over the LT4 V8. To put it shortly, Chevy wants to make sure the Plastic mess-06 meets emission targets and keeps placing those 650 ponies at the mercy of your right foot for at least 10 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), which are the intervals covered by the warranty.

To use the automaker's words: "We are confident that the vast majority of customers are going to be more than satisfied with the performance the Plastic mess-06 offers in stock form. For those that want more power, they can visit an aftermarket tuner – who are not held to the same standards [emissions and warranty] as an OEM. However, this presents significant risk to the customer. An aftermarket tune voids the vehicle warranty as Chevrolet cannot possibly test or confirm the durability of their calibration; and aftermarket calibrations could cause drivability issues that are not present in the factory setting."

When asked about a possible track tune, that would unlock some extra potential for limited amounts of time, GM said they are not planning such a move.

Basically, GM acts like a father who's giving you a car - it hands you the keys and whether you want to enjoy the supercharged thrills in marathon or sprint mode, the choice is yours. It's just that you must remember to cover your dad's 100 grand pension fund in return, on the spot.

The filter is fcuking you.

Jist of it is obviously it's all in the PCM tuning, and what triggers it to pull a fcuk load of timing. Sure it can be fixed, voiding the warranty and potentially blowing the motor.

This is amazing as I read the very first day that someone was circulating this very thing as a conspiracy theory saying the GM intentonally messed with the Ecu and undermined the car knowing the majority of owners would go aftermarket thus voiding the warranty saving GM money in the future on repairs on tons of Plastic mess-06's.

This is amazing as I read the very first day that someone was circulating this very thing as a conspiracy theory saying the GM intentonally messed with the Ecu and undermined the car knowing the majority of owners would go aftermarket thus voiding the warranty saving GM money in the future on repairs on tons of Plastic mess-06's.

Seems like a stretch, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised.

I read that Vengeance swapped the pulley again and discovered the blower is maxed out at 12psi, so that's all she wrote. Will take heads/cam work to get much above the mix 600 rwhp range.

Hmm

the driver of the POS needs to learn to use a manual gearbox!!

eitherway, I am disappointed about all this talk of the heat soak and it losing power. I would've expected them to have actually tested the car pre delivery!!

Once again GM fails us. At least we have Chrysler and Ford....

A few highway runs IN THE WINTER and the Plastic mess-06 is derating, yet the Hellcat is guaranteed to not derate for at least 20 minutes of hard track use, in ambient temperatures greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit. And that is with a 700HP port injected motor! And the Hellcat also has a 100K power train warranty.

Hmm

this proves absolutely nothing.. the driver of the zo6 has no idea how to drive a manual.. the outcome is not what it would really be.

this proves absolutely nothing.. the driver of the zo6 has no idea how to drive a manual.. the outcome is not what it would really be.

If you ignore the slow shifts, when they were both on the throttle the viper was still walking away. How is that not factual?