How comfortable is an S4 ?

MOUNTAINWOLF

Long story short, been looking at Audis for dd. Only want to spend 40-50k. Been lookiing at used A6, A4, and S4's. I know the 6 is a larger car, but I kinda like the size of the 4's. I like the more aggresive look of the S4, but is this a comfortable car for long (400 mi) trips ?

image.jpg

My friend got one as a loaner last week and drove it from San Fran to here and to OC. He said it was every bit as comfortable as his q5.

It's a nice ride, felt heavy without the urgency of my wife's 335. I actually like the 335 better though.

I've taken my S4 on plenty of long trips and love it. Long highway trips are exactly what they are made for. The Recaro's are comfortable and I actually like the side bolster support compared to sliding around in the A6 seats. The caveat has to be the back seat. The back seats in the S4 are extremely cramped. I have long legs and usually have the seat as far back as it will move. Whenever adult passengers are in the car I have to move my seat up to accomodate. We've never taken a long trip with people in the back seats, so that's something to consider. It would work with kids, but depending on how tall you are it might get cramped.

I have a 2013 S4 Avant and I absolutely love it, I find it very comfortable but I do like hard suspension in a car, I didn't want the Recaros, they were way to uncomfortable to sit in and because of the bolsters a bit of a PITA to get in and out, I use the car daily I didn't want to deal with that.I usually change my DD once a year but I like this so much I think I will keep it one more year.

Had an S4 twice as a loaner. Once for a couple days, the other time was about 7 days. Loved it and will consider one in the future. Longest trip might have been 120 miles round trip but I could see going much further in that car. Very comfy (not sure about the back seat - didn't try it).

Spent quite a bit of time in a 2012 S4, and it was very comfortable and a great year-round performance commuter. Take a test drive and try one out, you wouldn't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow didn't know the S4 was a 12 second car-stock.

Anyone driven one of these and a C63 for comparison?

Another reason why I love my S4 Avant, it can haul all sorts of junk, the other day I packed in close to 400 kg of steel brackets :icon_mrgreen:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love the S4. Friend had one for awhile. I thought the front and back were both very comfortable. Im 5'11" and had good leg room in the back with a passenger int he front the same size.