How Much You think Huracan Will Cost?

ToofDoc

Huracan Base Price  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you think Huracan's base price will be?

• $260K or less
    • $261K - $270K
    • $271K - $280K
    • $281K or more

Australian prices announced $428k plus on roads plus options when all said and done approx $500k unless you go crazy with the add personam, there is a huge difference between the Huracan and the outgoing Gallardo, as a point of reference the 570 SL without carbon brakes was $600k + options.

Lambo is really targeting Asia and their new aggressive pricing structure reflects it!

The Huracan will kill the 458 and MP4 sales, those cars are a lot more expensive here. The Speciale is around $700k.

Since the US market is approx 50% cheaper in comparison you guys should be seeing RRP's sub $250k mark + options, (US gets less standard inclusions) that's a steal for what you are getting, no doubt the Huracan will be a great success.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57890/lam...d-for-australia

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is the msrp for the Huracan here in the US will be around $235K-245K range, with a fully loaded example a tick over 300K (not including AD Persona stuff).

Gonna have a hard time coming up with $55-65k in non-ad personam options when the two priciest previous options are standard (tranny and CCB's), and it's also not clear whether there will be a rear decklid option or whether nav will be optional given the new digital layout, etc. Seems logical to me that the base price will be at least $20k higher than an LP560 but that there will be fewer options available.

Gonna have a hard time coming up with $55-65k in non-ad personam options when the two priciest previous options are standard (tranny and CCB's), and it's also not clear whether there will be a rear decklid option or whether nav will be optional given the new digital layout, etc. Seems logical to me that the base price will be at least $20k higher than an LP560 but that there will be fewer options available.

Good point but the carbon fiber pieces can be quite expensive! Just look at the interior pictures, I see a lot of areas where you could add carbon bits to it. I imagine you could easily spend 7-8K on carbon interior. And the engine bay, that's like another 7-12K you could spend on carbon fiber trim. I'm sure there will be carbon exterior pieces for sale eventually (ie. front lip, rear spoiler, diffuser....etc).

Stereo system is probably another 5K, plus navigation, back-up camera, parking sensor, electric seats, race seat....

Not sure about your market but they are gunning for the MP4 so it will be priced a touch under IMO Base car + options, if Lambo's options will be more expensive that's where the price difference will be but other than cosmetics, optional suspension and variable steering I can't see what else you could get that's performance oriented.

Fortis, I was told about 450k drive away or so as a standard car... Obviously if you option more goodies, it will go up more and the stupid luxury car tax in Australia does not help... If you have a license, that will be different.

Edit: didn't see your latest reply, you were spot on on the price...

• 3 weeks later...
Base 240k and fully optioned at 280k. Count on it

I am not so sure there is such a thing as MSRP on any Lambos. I have seen huge price swings based on market and demand. Emotional demand will cost a bundle.

When the market was tough in 2009 a new lp5604 had a sticker of 240 but could be bought for 210.

The market now however is quite hot and I suspect the Huracan will be 240-280 sticker. Wait a bit and 215 cash will buy you a base car.

Just my 2 cents.

My lp5604 2009 was 248 sticker and I paid 188 with 900 miles.

I love these cars and I will own a slightly used Huracan in 2 years!

I am not sure how this will affect residual values and the used car market but Lambo will not build a car unless pre-sold, they need a deposit, copy of the buyer's DL and a signed contract, without those conditions being met the car will not make it on the production line, if the original customer pulls out of the contract for whatever reason unless the dealer can sell that allocation they will lose it, dealers will be given 2 cars to begin with, one demo and one market introduction car, they can sell the MI car but the demo will have to be kept for 6 months, that's when they will get a replacement if they sell it before they will have no demo.

This strategy should help residuals, strengthen the price of the used stock, if dealers don't sit on new car floor stock you won't be able to wander in and negotiate a deal, you will only see used cars/trade ins and those on limited numbers, with the model being very hot at the moment, not many will bring them back for trades until the Spyder comes out so used car market should stay strong, it will also be helped by the fact that custom orders are a minimum of 6 to 8 months wait and customers who aren't placing orders now and want the car will turn around and pay a premium, same thing happened with the. Aventador, now used Aventador market is very strong.

You will obviously burn some dollars if you buy new but I think this time around the pain will be slightly more bearable.

Lambo really got their stuff together, making awesome machines, very desirable new and second hand and you won't completely lose your shirt when time comes to move on.

Sure hope you are right Fortis. The potential depreciation has been my only reservation in ordering this car. Ferrari has always done a better job in maintaining market values by managing the supply. Lambo, who manufacturers far few cars, should be able to manage the suppy of the Huracan IF the demand is as great as we all hope.

Base 240k and fully optioned at 280k. Count on it

Spot on, my build with most of the options was 283,500

If you pick any matt colors, it will push it near 300k

Sure hope you are right Fortis. The potential depreciation has been my only reservation in ordering this car. Ferrari has always done a better job in maintaining market values by managing the supply. Lambo, who manufacturers far few cars, should be able to manage the suppy of the Huracan IF the demand is as great as we all hope.

Time will tell but no matter how you slice it these cars aren't a smart investment, they are just toys we get to reward our hard work and success, if you can afford the toy I wouldn't sweat the depreciation, you only live once and as I sad if you can swing it why not?

• 2 weeks later...
How is that placed in relation to the outgoing model?

LP 550-2 Coupe $191,900

LP 560-2 50th Anniversario Coupe $198,900

LP 560-4 FLII Coupe $202,000

LP 550-2 Spyder Convertible $209,500

LP 560-4 Spyder FLII Convertible $225,400

LP 570-4 Superleggera Edizione Tecnica Coupe $241,200

LP 570-4 Spyder Performante Edizione Tecnica Convertible $251,600

LP 570-4 Squadra Corse Coupe $259,100

Thank you Porter, they must've felt sorry for us, aside of the fact that we are still paying double at least our RRP is in line with the outgoing 560-4 and more than $100k cheaper than the 570/Performante cars.

Lambo is picking up the difference in the states, the cars there are still very cheap in comparison with what most of the world has to pay.

237K BASE in the USA

Seems right in line with the competition. IIRC the base 458 Italia starts @$230k and the MP4 @$239k. In fact the Lambo comes in lower than both given that it is the only car (I believe) that comes with carbon ceramics stock.

I'm going to rant a little on Lamborghini. Porsche's business model is starting to influence them a little:

- $1,000 for different colour calipers (although even the standard ones need to be painted)

- Bluetooth / Anti-theft / DAB are an added option? Really, on a $250k+ car?? I'm pretty sure these come standard in a Hyundai/Kia/Daihatsu...

- Branding is an added cost? When you are already paying for the Lamborghini premium (see Audi R8)...

This is probably my biggest pet peeve when Porsche started to do this. They give you a hand brake level in plastic. Leather is +$500, coloured leather is +$500, stitching is +$500, carbon inlay is +$1000, now, congratulations, you have a $2,500 lever, on to the next option... Then you look at a <$70k BMW where all this stuff comes standard. I'd rather Lambo have a higher base and then include these features which should all be standard / no-cost options.

Obviously it is all marketing and increasing their bottom line, I get what you are saying but what is really the difference between having a higher base price and all the items you've mentioned included as a NCO and having them as cost option, the difference is psychological, you will ultimately pay just as much but on the former you lose your ability for customization.

I like the opportunity to select the options which I want, for example here electric heated seats are standard, I don't need either, electrics make the seats heavier, heated seats I will never need them, I would rather have the option of not paying for them.

Lambo is picking up the difference in the states, the cars there are still very cheap in comparison with what most of the world has to pay.

Hi Fortis,

you sure got that right re prices for Australia!

We here can only read and weep at the prices in the USA.

cheers,

john

Source at Prestige told me today it's going to be over $300 out the door if you place an order or $100K over sticker if you want one asap.

Hi Fortis,

you sure got that right re prices for Australia!

We here can only read and weep at the prices in the USA.

cheers,

john

It could be a blessing in disguise I am burning enough on cars as it is :icon_mrgreen: