Huracan or LP Gallardo

ToofDoc

Which V10  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Huracan or LP Gallardo

• Huracan LP 610
    • LP 550/560/570/STS/SL/Perf/SC

I know, it's funny because it's true :icon_mrgreen:

Please elaborate. When an upgraded 616hp 12C will currently beat an Aventador in a rolling race, how with the new Huracan hang with it?

Like your Avatar.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please elaborate. When an upgraded 616hp 12C will currently beat an Aventador in a rolling race, how with the new Huracan hang with it?

Like your Avatar.

No one cares. That's why the MP4 hasn't done well. In that price range very few people buy their cars to race other exotics. Those who do tend to TT and do other mods anyway.

If you want to race so bad, why not just buy a GTR and mod it or a used TTG?

I like the avatar too, Fortis!

No one cares. That's why the MP4 hasn't done well. In that price range very few people buy their cars to race other exotics. Those who do tend to TT and do other mods anyway.

If you want to race so bad, why not just buy a GTR and mod it or a used TTG?

I like the avatar too, Fortis!

I am wondering how you define "hasn't done well?". Are you referring to depreciation? I am not personally into racing, just comparing stock cars vs stock cars.

To this day I still miss the sound of my Performante, still looking for a Rosso Mars 2013 or Orange one with cc brakes at a good price. However I don't miss that transmission. With the DCT finally added to the Huracan, should be a big improvement. Just not completely into the looks, but who knows could grow on me over time.

The DCT in the R8 is fantastic. The shifts are very aggressive in sport mode. I would imagine Corsa mode would be even better. It isn't as boring as everything thinks.

The car will perform daily driver duties 10000% better with the DCT in there. Wont be so boggy in traffic and now we have a 7th gear to cruise on the hwy.

Hurican looks like a roach. Major disappointment in my books. Interior knobs and dials look like slapped on without any integration.

The increase in power is actually significant. Anyone know how the extra power is achieved?

Gallardo wrote a new chapter. Hurican is just a safe calculated move. Recent Lambo releases are yawn. The cars all need special edition to look good, IMO.

Just saw Episode 4 of the Hexagon Project....Huracan looks bad ass in the video. Photos definitely doesn't do it any justice!

I love the 570 but the Huracan put few years on in instantly and it's just the base model, I can't wait to see it in a Superleggera format, it will be crazy. Good times ahead!

I agree with you!

right now my fave car is a lp560-4 spyder have to see the Huracan in person and cant wait to see the spyder

:iamwithstupid: Looking forward to seeing the Spyder

Huracan has a better design and performance.

Also usage of the carbon fiber technology would provide opportunity to build more rigid and powerful cars for the future of the brand.

I am a race car nut. So personally I really like the 570STS version over the base Huracan. I do however need to see Huracan in person to feel it more.

Once the Huracan comes out with the STS version I am sure my opinion will change. However, something about the STS just says get the fcuk out of my way. Is it more exotic looking, not necessarily.. Is it more race tuned and aggressive looking. ABSOLUTELY!

I Like the Huracan, just going to take a couple more years to Love it.

Might not be a bad idea to wait for the next model year. First year cars seem to always have issues. You pay a premium and they are

worth less in the long run, unless you just have to have it and have a bottomless checkbook.

+1 I agree & would wait for the next model. I don't have the pockets to purchase the Huracan, but that would be my logic.

Plus I myself am a sap for the LPs :icon_mrgreen:

+1 I agree & would wait for the next model. I don't have the pockets to purchase the Huracan, but that would be my logic.

Plus I myself am a sap for the LPs :icon_mrgreen:

The engine is known, VAG has extensive experience with similar suspension, direct steering and transmission, Lambo did a lot of testing of this car in many different situations and conditions, let's not forget Gallardo was the car which changed everyone's opinion on the reliability of an exotic car, Lamborghini is building a car which is more superior to that, I am sure it will be as bulletproof as the Gallardo at least, if not that's what the three years warranty is for.

I have a feeling this car will be in huge demand and those who will decide later will have to wait more than a year for their car or pay a premium.

Those who have bought enough cars know not to keep the new 1st gen car longer than 3-6 months, easily sellable or at least break even because there is almost always demand for it from those who were not on the consideration list. It's almost a safer bet to be the first rather than wait for later gens, if deprecation is your concern.

Might not be a bad idea to wait for the next model year. First year cars seem to always have issues. You pay a premium and they are

worth less in the long run, unless you just have to have it and have a bottomless checkbook.

True, we can simply look at the '12 vs '13 and up aventadors...shifting is so much smoother, ride/dampening is über-compliant etc in the '13s and up.

'12s drive like garbage in comparison if i am being brutally honest.

No, the concern is electrical and mechanical glitches that always seem to plague the 1st year of a newly designed car. I agree with you about deprecation on the first car though.

True, we can simply look at the '12 vs '13 and up aventadors...shifting is so much smoother, ride/dampening is über-compliant etc in the '13s and up.

'12s drive like garbage in comparison if i am being brutally honest.

Not true. I have driven multiple 2012 and 2013 Aventador's. That is completely incorrect. There were a few 12's that had some issues, but most did not. I prefer the shock settings on the 12's and I also have no interest in the post MY12 cylinder deactivation and start/stop. I own a 2012 and have a 2014 coming so I have no reason to be biased.

• 4 months later...

Huracan has lots of room for development. It will thrive while the Gallardo will be a good opportunity for bargain hunters. Can't stand in the way of progress so bring on the Huracans!

I really love Lamborghi Nuova Huracan, but I still love Gallardo's headhitting E-Gear feeling, still feel me original raging bull.

Huracan is good on daily but can't feel the extreme of 'Lamborghini'.

I really love Lamborghi Nuova Huracan, but I still love Gallardo's headhitting E-Gear feeling, still feel me original raging bull.

Huracan is good on daily but can't feel the extreme of 'Lamborghini'.

Did you test drive?

Did you test drive?

Even short time, felt comfortable. The seat felt me Superleggera's update, very nice.

Even short time, felt comfortable. The seat felt me Superleggera's update, very nice.

Sounds good, I didn't know the dealers had their cars already, did the car have the sports seats?

I voted LP570, still excited for LP brothers getting Huracans, something about the design needed a little more at for me, the SL version will be sick. Right now not much is touching the Aventador in almost every category IMO. There is faster there is most expensive there is more high tech but for the entire package wrapped in its current esthetic it's the reigning champ.