Duck Dynasty/Phil controversy

Castor Troy

What about the racist shit he said?

I don't know about the racist shit he has said because like many on here, I have never watched the show, I've only heard the media up roar over the whole interview. I went back and read the interview and what he said and what the media is saying he "said" are two completely different things and the media version is taken completely out of context. While this doesn't surprise me in the least, it's still disheartening to see the general population blindly following one side or the other without actually reading or fact finding themselves.

You compared a specific statement made by a PR exec to what is currently being discussed and my statement was focused on those two statements. I couldn't give two shits about any racist garbage, or reality show "hero". It's more the uproar that is created and perpetuated by the media that really irks me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the racist shit he has said because like many on here, I have never watched the show, I've only heard the media up roar over the whole interview. I went back and read the interview and what he said and what the media is saying he "said" are two completely different things and the media version is taken completely out of context. While this doesn't surprise me in the least, it's still disheartening to see the general population blindly following one side or the other without actually reading or fact finding themselves.

You compared a specific statement made by a PR exec to what is currently being discussed and my statement was focused on those two statements. I couldn't give two shits about any racist garbage, or reality show "hero". It's more the uproar that is created and perpetuated by the media that really irks me.

That's fair, I can appreciate that. :icon_thumleft:

What about the racist shit he said?

the "racist" part came from the same GQ interview its is below.

The 67-year-old journeyed from substance abuse to devotion to God to small-screen celebrity, all in the backwoods of Louisiana. According to Robertson, growing up in those Louisiana backwoods in the pre-civil rights era was not bad for black people.

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues

if I had a dollar every time someone posted a stupid story that is shocking but when I talk 5 minutes to Google the story and find out what actually happened I would have a garage full of Lamborghini's, I dont know if people are just lazy or they just like the drama so they post away. It drives me nuts.

as far as what was said for those that didnt see the article.

The interviewer asked Phil the question "What, in your mind, is sinful?"

His reply is

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television...n#ixzz2oDNZQN6S

the "racist" part came from the same GQ interview its is below.

The 67-year-old journeyed from substance abuse to devotion to God to small-screen celebrity, all in the backwoods of Louisiana. According to Robertson, growing up in those Louisiana backwoods in the pre-civil rights era was not bad for black people.

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues

Ya.... Not cool.

I've never watched shows like this, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, Jersey Shore, Kardashians, they seem so retarded. I don't get the appeal. I barely have enough time to live my own life let alone someone else's.

I know right, I watch Canadian Ninja family live and the dad on that show has no clue, lol.

The world has so many larger problems they should be concerned with. All these media red flag tactics just distract people from what the real problems are. While the guys losing his job becasue his company is moving manufacturing to China, he's getting upset over some BS reality show?? All these reality shows are the last ditch attempt at the lowest common denominator. Who cares about the Kardashians and the Pauly D's? Is your life that empty? Spend time with your children or partner, do something constructive. Anyways... I think the best thing a parent could do for thier children these days is throw the TV out the window. This Duck guy is entitled to his opinion, hence freedom of speech (which is actually a long dead concept). A&E has the right to terminate whomever they wish as an employer, the person is only free from criminal liability for his views (in theory). As an initial poster mentioned, if I work for Exxon and make published statements that go against thier code of conduct, you can bet I'll be let go, thats thier right. North America has much bigger issues then same sex marriag. It wouldn't even be an issue if the media wasn't stirring the pot up about it. People should live thier life....... color, sexual orientation, religion shouldn't even be questioned. I think mass unemployement, reduced funds for health care, education, massive debt are probably a bit more important then a duck hunters opinion....just my $0.02

The world has so many larger problems they should be concerned with. All these media red flag tactics just distract people from what the real problems are. While the guys losing his job becasue his company is moving manufacturing to China, he's getting upset over some BS reality show?? All these reality shows are the last ditch attempt at the lowest common denominator. Who cares about the Kardashians and the Pauly D's? Is your life that empty? Spend time with your children or partner, do something constructive. Anyways... I think the best thing a parent could do for thier children these days is throw the TV out the window. This Duck guy is entitled to his opinion, hence freedom of speech (which is actually a long dead concept). A&E has the right to terminate whomever they wish as an employer, the person is only free from criminal liability for his views (in theory). As an initial poster mentioned, if I work for Exxon and make published statements that go against thier code of conduct, you can bet I'll be let go, thats thier right. North America has much bigger issues then same sex marriag. It wouldn't even be an issue if the media wasn't stirring the pot up about it. People should live thier life....... color, sexual orientation, religion shouldn't even be questioned. I think mass unemployement, reduced funds for health care, education, massive debt are probably a bit more important then a duck hunters opinion....just my $0.02

^^

This morning I turn to CNN to see what's going on in the world... DUCK DYNASTY

Disgusted I switch to FOX. Duck god damn dynasty.

Turns off TV*

This is fcuking ridiculous.

^^

This morning I turn to CNN to see what's going on in the world... DUCK DYNASTY

Disgusted I switch to FOX. Duck god damn dynasty.

Turns off TV*

This is fcuking ridiculous.

I agree. I have never watched that show once. All my daughters friends kept talking about it so I tried to see what it was about one day. Turned it off after 5 minutes and that was it.

I can't believe all the fuss over this.

The world must be a good place when people can get worked up over some stupid ass reality show.

It's actually a testament to the sad and pathetic state of America. This country is 100% totally fucked.

Here's the deal. There was nothing racist, homophobic or hateful said by Phil Robertson. He basically said, "I dont get choosing to shove your dick into a mans asshole over a vagina". Here. Ill say it. I dont get that either. It makes absolutely no fcuking sense to me. Id rather shove my dick in a cars exhaust pipe over a mans asshole. But if thats your thing thats your thing. I really dont want to hear about it. Honestly. I dont want to hear about you sticking your cock wherever you stick it.

The next thing he said was a direct quoute from the bible. Phil didnt "compare homosexulaity to beastiality". The bible did that. Both are biblical sins and both are equally wrong according to the bible... Which right or wrong, billions of people, including Phil Robertson take as the word of God.

He then said "but its not for me to judge". "Our job is to love everybody and let god decide who is a sinner".

I see zero hate there. I see somebody who has a religious beleif and lives by it.

Finally. The entire incident is a set up. A&e has tried to get the Robertsons to tone down the religious aspect of the show. They have refused. DD was put on because it was supposed to be comedy. Coastal elites laughing at backwoods rednecks. The problem is more of America related to them than felt superior to them. And between the obvious smarts of the cast ( they are all college educated and Phil has a masters degree) the self made fortunes, the humility, and their incredible comfort in their own skin, they became a nation wide phenomenon and retail superboom. Well. If youre an exec at A&E its not enough to have the #1 show on cable, if you have to endure the snide remarks of your piers at industry gatherings.

And so they sent phil to GQ. Tell me this. You have the star of the #1 TV show, and the first question on your mind is the gays? You know hes a christian. You know what hes going to say. And the proof that its a setup is that despite the fact he said nothing controversial, the manufactured outrage industry came after him anyways. Months before the article was to be published. There was nothing he could have said other than "i love sucking cock" that would have resulted in a different outcome.

And then A&E jumped to their answer minutes after it broke. Guess what. Gay men arent watching DD. So there was no threat there. Somebody wanted Phill off the show before the New Years parties.

I think Phil should fcuk Kim Kardashian, then we'd have a real show to watch

I think Phil should fcuk Kanye West. That way HGTV would pick it up and show them on House Hunters.

Here's the deal. There was nothing racist, homophobic or hateful said by Phil Robertson. He basically said, "I dont get choosing to shove your dick into a mans asshole over a vagina". Here. Ill say it. I dont get that either. It makes absolutely no fcuking sense to me. Id rather some my dick in a cars exhaust pipe over a mans asshole. But if thats your thing thats your thing. I really dont want to hear about it. Honestly. I dont want to hear about you sticking your cock wherever you stick it.

The next thing he said was a direct quoute from the bible. Phil didnt "compare homosexulaity to beastiality". The bible did that. Both are biblical sins and both are equally wrong according to the bible... Which right or wrong, billions of people, including Phil Robertson take as the word of God.

He then said "but its not for me to judge". "Our job is to love everybody and let god decide who is a sinner".

I see zero hate there. I see somebody who has a religious beleif and lives by it.

Finally. The entire incident is a set up. A&e has tried to get the Robertsons to tone down the religious aspect of the show. They have refused. DD was put on because it was supposed to be comedy. Coastal elites laughing at backwoods rednecks. The problem is more of America related to them than felt superior to them. And between the obvious smarts of the cast ( they are all college educated and Phil has a masters degree) the self made fortunes, the humility, and their incredible comfort in their own skin, they became a nation wide phenomenon and retail superboom. Well. If youre an exec at A&E its not enough to have the #1 show on cable, if you have to endure the snide remarks of your piers as industry gatherings.

:iamwithstupid:

Some people just need to get a life and are offended by everything. The best one was a few weeks ago when every fat broad in America was pissed at this lady, sending her death threats, etc....LOL

599328_649761945054764_604047418_n.jpg

Some people just need to get a life and are offended by everything. The best one was a few weeks ago when every fat broad in America was pissed at this lady, sending her death threats, etc....LOL

LOL, did that really happen?

42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

LOL, did that really happen?

42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

Yeah. They said she was putting undue pressure on women to look a certain way at a time they are most vulnerable (postpartum). The thing is her business is fitness so what better testament to how good you are at your job then to say I had a kid and look at me now!

I see zero hate there. I see somebody who has a religious belief and lives by it.

The bible also says:

“But if any man thinks that he is behaving himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter, if she be past the flower of her age, and if need so requires, let him do what he will; he is not sinning; let them marry” (1 Corinthians 7:36)

I have a feeling anyone speaking support of this, would find themselves in warranted controversy as well.

That being said, I agree with your assessment this was all manufactured.

The bible also says:

“But if any man thinks that he is behaving himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter, if she be past the flower of her age, and if need so requires, let him do what he will; he is not sinning; let them marry” (1 Corinthians 7:36)

I have a feeling anyone speaking support of this, would find themselves in warranted controversy as well.

That being said, I agree with your assessment this was all manufactured.

Just out of curiosity what translation are you using. All of the ones I am familiar with do not have the word "daughter" in them. They are in fact referring to the the virgin a man is engaged to. The passage is speaking towards a man saying that if you are engaged and are falling in to temptation it is better to rush in to marriage then continue to face the temptation. I.E. Get married so you can get it on rather then risk getting it on before you are married.

What bible are you reading? I quote:

If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[a] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Cor%207:36

Beat me to it. Was reading as many translations as possible before I commented.

Just out of curiosity what translation are you using. All of the ones I am familiar with do not have the word "daughter" in them. They are in fact referring to the the virgin a man is engaged to. The passage is speaking towards a man saying that if you are engaged and are falling in to temptation it is better to rush in to marriage then continue to face the temptation. I.E. Get married so you can get it on rather then risk getting it on before you are married.

New American Standard Bible