** Twin Turbo Gallardo's Beware: More power heading to Texas

Underground Racing

This is the first Stage 2R Twin Turbo Audi R8 GT that we have completed here at Underground Racing. The customer went with the FULL 2R build. This setup makes an easy 1,150 whp on 93 octane pump gas and over 1,800+ whp on race gas. This TT R8 GT has the JRR Plug & Play Motec ECU system with custom Egear harness. Drivetrain is setup with the full billet 1-6 custom ratio, billet input/output shafts, billet final drive gears and a helix billet deferential just to name a few goodies. This TT R8 has the latest Underground Racing full billet intake that as been anodized black. This should give some of the big power TT Gallardos a great run once the owner gets some seat time. Expecting to see videos of this beast in action very soon!

MartyTTR8_04_zpsf0ef78b2.jpg

MartyTTR8_06_zpsfe05a050.jpg

MartyTTR8_05_zps7fad268f.jpg

MartyTTR8_03_zps4ebcf9b2.jpg

MartyTTR8_02_zps6afca419.jpg

MartyTTR8_01_zps17322f7f.jpg

Ok that is bad ass!!!!!

Kevin I want to buy myself a Xmas present. Put one of those new intakes on my car please!!! Looks so awesome.

Not sure I can get myself to drive my car with an intake that bad ass looking without sagging my pants to my knees, a bandana around my head, and a few tear drops tattooed underneath my eyes because that shit looks GANGSTER!!!!

Dustin, while Kevin is putting one on your car, will you be kind enough to buy me one as welll? :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks bro, I knew you cared!! :eusa_dance:

Not sure I can get myself to drive my car with an intake that bad ass looking without sagging my pants to my knees, a bandana around my head, and a few tear drops tattooed underneath my eyes because that shit looks GANGSTER!!!!

Dustin, while Kevin is putting one on your car, will you be kind enough to buy me one as welll? :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks bro, I knew you cared!! :eusa_dance:

Sure no problem. I'll paint my stock one that same color and give it to you. You will never know the difference lol.

That is no joke! Wow!

If this car competes at some of the events, there will be some broken hearted Lambo owners

Wonder why there aren't more stage 1 and 2R R8 builds.

I would hazard a guess from what I know of people who buy Audis and R8's, and being an audi owner,

generally Audi owners are more conservative than lambo owners in their outlook.

Lambo's tend to attract a 'madder crowd' :)

you just have to read this forum and the R8 forum to sense the difference!

I am ok as I am a schizophrenic when it comes to cars:)

I nearly bought an R8 V10, but entry into the world of lambo was cheaper with the 2006 model than a V10 R8.

I do prefer the AWD quattro system on the R8/RS6 to the AWD viscous coupling system on my G's.

You only have to experience how with 750 bhp the quattro system through the front wheel drive rockets you out of a corner on a track with total peace of mind when you put 'the pedal to the metal' to understand what I mean:)

However in the world of evolution of the VAG group, it will only be a matter of time I feel before Lamborghini adopts the quattro system replacing viscous coupling, as power levels increase.

I know the LP550-2 boys and RWD converters will howl me down on AWD, along with the master, Valentino Balboni with valid comments on extra weight, loss of driver steering feel, etc.:)

I don't mind these 'handicaps' if AWD stops me exiting stage left into a tree or wall at speed a la Peter Brock!

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

ps a 1150 whp R8 TT will be easier to handle than an equivalent whp Gallardo TT, IMHO.

Also probably same at 1800 rwhp, but at those power levels, it is all insane:)

You will certainly be more comfortable in the R8. But an R8, great car that it is, will never match a Gallardo/Huracan for edgy looks and wow factor. You know, the R8 is the nice girl you take home to mother, the Lambo, the racy maiden you meet around the corner form home:)

Is the AWD system different in the LP than the R8s? I had no idea. The R8 is hands down the better all around car. But for the crazy people the LP is the way to go. Looks better, lighter, shifts faster and it is a lambo.

R8 GT though.... man that is a bad ass ride!

I would hazard a guess from what I know of people who buy Audis and R8's, and being an audi owner,

generally Audi owners are more conservative than lambo owners in their outlook.

Lambo's tend to attract a 'madder crowd' :)

you just have to read this forum and the R8 forum to sense the difference!

I am ok as I am a schizophrenic when it comes to cars:)

I nearly bought an R8 V10, but entry into the world of lambo was cheaper with the 2006 model than a V10 R8.

I do prefer the AWD quattro system on the R8/RS6 to the AWD viscous coupling system on my G's.

You only have to experience how with 750 bhp the quattro system through the front wheel drive rockets you out of a corner on a track with total peace of mind when you put 'the pedal to the metal' to understand what I mean:)

However in the world of evolution of the VAG group, it will only be a matter of time I feel before Lamborghini adopts the quattro system replacing viscous coupling, as power levels increase.

I know the LP550-2 boys and RWD converters will howl me down on AWD, along with the master, Valentino Balboni with valid comments on extra weight, loss of driver steering feel, etc.:)

I don't mind these 'handicaps' if AWD stops me exiting stage left into a tree or wall at speed a la Peter Brock!

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

ps a 1150 whp R8 TT will be easier to handle than an equivalent whp Gallardo TT, IMHO.

Also probably same at 1800 rwhp, but at those power levels, it is all insane:)

You will certainly be more comfortable in the R8. But an R8, great car that it is, will never match a Gallardo/Huracan for edgy looks and wow factor. You know, the R8 is the nice girl you take home to mother, the Lambo, the racy maiden you meet around the corner form home:)

Very cool insight thanks. One thing is for sure (at least I hope), this car will be hurting a lot of feelings at TX2k in a couple months. I can't wait!! And the cool thing is I often catch races on accident as the main road used by UR and all the big runs is on my way home from work :).

Is the AWD system different in the LP than the R8s? I had no idea. The R8 is hands down the better all around car. But for the crazy people the LP is the way to go. Looks better, lighter, shifts faster and it is a lambo.

R8 GT though.... man that is a bad ass ride!

I'm 99% sure the AWD is the same between R8 and Lamborghini gallardo/LP