Cars I should have never sold

christiann

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful GTS! 96 or 97? Turbos I assume? Let's hear the details!

ROE supercharged, head work, upgraded valvetrain, custom 5th & 6th gears, forgeline wheels, and lots of supporting mods. 690whp

What's the details on the new one? I'm seriously considering doing the same. Either that or a diesel truck again.

Viper over a truck.

I really regret selling my white on black 25th Countach. I regretted it so much that I replaced it with a white on white 25th Countach that I don't think I will ever sell!

I also kinda regret selling my LM002. It was such an interesting truck that was so unique. Maybe one day I will own another one (this is the one vehicle that I would own in black)

I really regret selling my white on black 25th Countach. I regretted it so much that I replaced it with a white on white 25th Countach that I don't think I will ever sell!

I also kinda regret selling my LM002. It was such an interesting truck that was so unique. Maybe one day I will own another one (this is the one vehicle that I would own in black)

That was my stupidity.. I should of never sold my first Countach, or my First Diablo SV.. Took me awhile but I finally figured out what was best for me.. Now I will never sell the two I have and will try and take my time and choose cars in the same fashion of keeping for a lifetime. Hard not to make rash decisions and jump on a Huracan though, unfortunately for me , the pocket book is not endless.

Why was it a pain in the ass?

There wasn't an AD in town allowed to work on the car with the correct hoist so had to ship it each time for service. Also I didn't buy it right and got killed on depreciation. It was an emotional purchase that I blame squarely on Allan :icon_mrgreen:

Roy, I sent an e-mail last week but did not receive a reply. Do you take trade ins on american vehicles that were imported into Canada and retitled

Sorry, did not see that e mail...yes we do take them back in trade...however normally does not make finically sense. If the vehicle was NOT built in the USA..even if it was first titled in the USA..to bring it back we have to pay the duty on it again...2.75%

E mail me direct at. [email protected]

Well nothing wrong with it..just that Vipers are not road legal here in Singapore where I live..So I don't hear much about Vipers..and never expected so many members here to say they regret selling their Vipers..

Just random, are Vipers like a more Torque-ed up versions of Corvettes? are they similar in anyway?

A newer zr1 would be the closest comparison to the gts. But turn off the traction control completely, remove the abs, and make it really snappy off idle in 1st - 4th.

It's much more a driver's car once you learn how to drive the way it wants to be driven. And contrary to the rumors they handle extremely well. Just needs a proper alignment and some seat time. Not many people can get in one and set records, but in the right hands they are insanely quick on a road course.

Maybe I'm a little nuts but I never considered them uncomfortable. A bit oversprung stock, but that is easily fixed. I still believe the 96-02 cars had some of the best seats ever bolted into any car.

ROE supercharged, head work, upgraded valvetrain, custom 5th & 6th gears, forgeline wheels, and lots of supporting mods. 690whp

And 850 ft/lbs at 1750 rpm. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice man, post some pics!

Not a car, but rather a motorcycle. 2005 Kawasaki 636, bought it with 3000 miles. Road that thing all over the area. Had that the longest Ive ever kept a toy. I took care of it too, which is almost unheard of in the crotch rocket world, at least around here. Had all the services done on time. Sold it with a hair over 20,000 miles and it was the best conditioned bike on the market and I still lost money on it(worth it in terms of fun). Now every time I look at rockets they are all beat to hell and want more money than what I sold it for. I wasnt scared of an accident, more the speeding ticket at 50-75mph over the limit. Now I have a Buell XB9S which is a lot slower but still just as fun.

post-7086-1388382968.jpg

Viper over a truck.

Glad to see you back in a viper :)

Way back in the day I had a Mexico. Cars like these were the equivalent of todays hot hatches. Sold it for peanuts as I recall. They are worth a fortune now.

Recently (last 5 yrs), this is my only regret.

post-63670-1388405192.jpg

A newer zr1 would be the closest comparison to the gts. But turn off the traction control completely, remove the abs, and make it really snappy off idle in 1st - 4th.

It's much more a driver's car once you learn how to drive the way it wants to be driven. And contrary to the rumors they handle extremely well. Just needs a proper alignment and some seat time. Not many people can get in one and set records, but in the right hands they are insanely quick on a road course.

Maybe I'm a little nuts but I never considered them uncomfortable. A bit oversprung stock, but that is easily fixed. I still believe the 96-02 cars had some of the best seats ever bolted into any car.

I completely agree, I thought it was pretty comfortable.

Spot on.

And 850 ft/lbs at 1750 rpm. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice man, post some pics!

Thanks! I'll put some up once it's out in Cali (currently waiting for transporter).

Yeah, torque output makes diesel fans drool. But I have these to help deal with it:

null_zpsd777ca47.jpg

Glad to see you back in a viper :)

Thanks!

wow thanks for explaining...very detailed. :icon_thumleft: too bad they're not street legal here.

good thing I kept my cars... heard many stories of regret all these years and just made it a point to keep them. Up til now, I am extremely glad that I didnt let them go... New cars nowadays are really very UN exciting even though they are fast as hell. either that or im just getting old? lol...

good thing I kept my cars... heard many stories of regret all these years and just made it a point to keep them. Up til now, I am extremely glad that I didnt let them go... New cars nowadays are really very UN exciting even though they are fast as hell. either that or im just getting old? lol...

We must be in the same boat...

yes, cars have a way of luring us in with speed but they rarely have that special something. That something we feel outside of speed that creates an emotion that is hard to express.

This :(

Saw this t-shirt the other day. Should have picked it up for you so you could have trawled the streets of Sweden in the purple supra looking for Robin. :eusa_dance:

post-24965-1388704585_thumb.jpg

Love the wheel color!!

They are actually just dirty :lol2:

Here is a seller pic from when I bought the car.

1.jpg.jpg