Formula One 2014 season

rmtn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, let's start up 2014 season speculation topic!

Kimi started his work on Ferrari by writing thorough bio about himself

and his motives towards this season, pretty interesting read:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=560343390709419

That's awesome. At this point I hope someone, anyone, can put up a decent fight against Vettel. I would say he's seventy five percent likely to win his fifth in a row. The Alonso/Kimi dynamic may end up mutually harming their respective chances more than helping. We'll see. A close season Is my only wish.

cant wait to for this new season to start. im excited to see how kimi/alonso will be as team mates. im excited to hear the new motors, but am a little concerned that these cars will be quite a bit slower than last years.

time will tell. 1st testing is in a couple of weeks right ?

It could be proper racing and seeing who is fastest, but it's too likely to be whole pack moderating their pace for fuel,tyre&battery longevity....

There is small hope with turbo motors that this will escalate to something similar of past's greatest hits (Group B, Group C etc) with starting with modest power and then teams progressing to motors with almost too much power from motor combined with super talents behind the wheel.

I don't know how much there are general air restrictors or similar to those new motors. I hope that there aren't.

There is too much strategy going on, too much preservation and I think that comes about from limited testing and I always wonder why certain teams/drivers do not turn up for tyre tests etc.

We the fans demand the racing to be more open, more competitive. The drivers can do it as there the overtakes at the first few corners of the circuit of Americas shows us that they can so it is the car and strategy that is letting them down.

More testing and a limit on strategy personnel would be something I like to see.

I don't like the extra points at the end of the season concept, I think that benefits teams that have got their car singing by the end of the season. Make classics that have more points for top 5 placing, they are the circuits that have heritage and mix that through the season.

Red Bull have and will be losing quite a few key memebers of their aero team. So time will tell if Newey is a one man band. I still think Seb is going to be at the top.

Ferrari, I think they will fall over themselves trying to hide data from each other which is a shame on a number of levels. McLaren. Sorry, something is not right there, Whitmarsh is not up to spec as is their current aero squad. I mean they blitzed everyone in the first test last year then found out that the rear suspension was upside down, they put it the right way round and the car did not work. Another repeat of 2013 and there must be huge arse kickings going on and the road car production as a distraction is not a valid excuse.

I think Ferrari will do well out of the gate, Merc will come good for a spurt mid way through the season and then Red Bull to be at the top step come the end of the season.

Anyone else have a feeling that this whole season could end up a debacle of mechanical failures due to the KERS systems being six times as large? I'm sure some teams will end up plagued at certain points. Let's hope there aren't any components that end up causing problems. Always seems strange that some can seem cursed (Webber last year) while other drivers with identical cars skate right through (Vettel).

I'd love to see the turbo era come back and things get out of control. I'm really excited for Kimi at Ferrari - I hate to say it, I think I'm going to have to sport some Ferrari gear for this season. I hope they share info between drivers, but....

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the testing at Jerez? I'll be in the vicinity and wouldn't mind driving an hour to go check it out one day if it's possible.

Yes you can, googled about it and tickets are sold from port but you can also buy "vip" tickets online which has bus tours, ability to stand on a podium and other totally irrelevant shit.

I think there is much to see in testing they are just so impressive machines, and usually on first test days somebody crashes heavily.

I just bought my HD streaming for this season.

Just looked it up. Can get VIP one day tickets for 20 euros and regular for 10 euros. I might drive over there one day just to see and hear the cars.

FIA rules say that car has to have only one furthest front point so Lotus has unequivalent lenght front cones.

Although nobody cares about Lotus anymore.