Formula One 2014 season

rmtn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think there is as much of an aesthetic gain without fenders but I still like it and the potential for bigger brakes.

I was under the impression F1 brakes were still wildly overpowering the tires anytime they want?

I was under the impression F1 brakes were still wildly overpowering the tires anytime they want?

:iamwithstupid:

4 seconds is the amount of time it takes for a Formula One car to go from 300km/h to a complete halt.

At 200 km/h, a Formula One car requires just 2.9 seconds to stop completely, in only 65 meters.

At 100km/h, these values are incredible: 1.4 seconds and 17 meters!

Under these heavy braking periods, a driver is subjected to a horizontal deceleration of close to 5,2G.

Brake disc is made of carbon/carbon composite, and working temperature is over 1000°C during braking.

At Albert Park (Australian GP), during second corner braking, Formula 1 can develop 4,6g of load and developed power of 1855 Kw (1,855Mw).

Sometimes they overpower everything...

Silverstone was an interesting race. Lewis may have gotten the break he needed to get his head back in the game. My money is still on Nico.

• 1 month later...

Hamilton is crying in every race, this race he wanted just quit all the time. It was normal racing incident and that's it. There would be hundreds of drivers willing to be on his position. Should quit whining already...

Hamilton is crying in every race, this race he wanted just quit all the time. It was normal racing incident and that's it. There would be hundreds of drivers willing to be on his position. Should quit whining already...

:iamwithstupid:

Hamilton cries a lot.

He has had a lot of bad luck but you cannot claim it is a racing incident when

- it is your team mate.

- your team mate admits he hit you

- your company spokesman confirms that what Lewis said "was broadly accurate".

Now look at Monaco qualifying.

He wanted to quit to save the engine and his floor was fucked. Now, would you not in his position?

I was saying this is Nico's year after first race of season and I still say. He isn't yet f1 champion and has the hunger for it and his eyes are fixated to the prize. Lewis Hamilton has had it once, he thinks he should earn another, drives in anger and is really quick driver with ambition but his concentration is not there, so he starts to find excuses, where as Rosberg is fixated to only one thing, and thus maybe being "more lucky". There is such thing as bad luck in F1 but it's once in a blue moon. Everything else are many small causes leading to bad happening. I am not speaking about this Spa race but generally and this season. What is the difference of Valtteri Bottas having 4 podiums in 5 races and Felippe Massa having constant "bad luck". It's getting your priorities straight, Massa is whining but Valtteri is fixated to getting his best results.

quoting: http://www.williamsf1.com/Team/Media/News/Belgian-GP-Race1/

Race Notes:

• Valtteri Bottas finished third and Felipe Massa thirteenth in the Belgian Grand Prix, with Valtteri picking up his fourth podium of the season.

• Valtteri managed his tyres well and showed strong pace throughout the race to make a two-stop strategy work and make up three places in total to finish on the podium.

• Felipe’s race was hindered by debris that was lodged in his car at the beginning of the race that affected the car’s aerodynamic performance and impacted his pace.

Kliff notes:

Valtteri earned his place through strong driving, Felipe had excuses.

Yeah, Bottas car looked like it was through war after race, and Rosberg has tyre debris hanging from his antenna and flapping to his hands and helmet for a couple of laps but they didn't seem to mind about it. They did not seek for excuses they had their priorities straight and strong mind control.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been loving the post race interviews lately. Daniel Riccardo seems so down to earth and is always having such a good time. Tough luck for Alonso in front of the home crowd.

Good job on Horner to give Newey a massive contract to do whatever he wants so he doesn't design for another team.

Newey needs Vettel and a long testing period. Designed a car Vettel hated and then didn't fix it.

Good job on Horner to give Newey a massive contract to do whatever he wants so he doesn't design for another team.

Newey needs Vettel and a long testing period. Designed a car Vettel hated and then didn't fix it.

Vettel clearly has no faith in the car but that Renault engine is a food blender.

Next year things will be interesting. Renault are directing their full resources at Red Bull plus Red Bull are recruiting engineers Click because lotus are moving to Merc power next season - Click.

So hopefully they will get going well soon and I just hope Honda pull a masterstroke with their engine in the McLaren otherwise it will be a season on aero being the deciding factor.

The dream season is three teams with different powerplants battling hard through out the season, we have not had that in years.

I am surprised that so many people are expecting honda to have a strong impact next season with mclaren. F1 has always been a hard sport to jump into, and honda struggle just a couple seasons ago when they last pulled out of F1.

2014 saw a major rule change in what is now called the power unit and Mercedes got it right, and no doubt ferrari and renault will design their engines to be similar to the mercedes design next season (honda too). So I am expecting a very different season in 2015.

I am surprised that so many people are expecting honda to have a strong impact next season with mclaren. F1 has always been a hard sport to jump into, and honda struggle just a couple seasons ago when they last pulled out of F1.

2014 saw a major rule change in what is now called the power unit and Mercedes got it right, and no doubt ferrari and renault will design their engines to be similar to the mercedes design next season (honda too). So I am expecting a very different season in 2015.

One of the tech blogs I read say that because Merc concentrated on the engine and sorted the car around it they stole a march over their competitors including their own customers.

Look at who finished developing early last year and look who are doing well. Williams and Merc. Mclaren kept on developing to salvage points, same with Ferrari.

Ideal world Honda enter the ground running. Realistically... I doubt they will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is scary as hell. Those guys wrangling Sutil's car are very lucky to be alive.

Was strange how the news about the crash took so long to reach the commentators on the BBC feed, I think they thought the graphics system was bugged when it listed Bianchi among the DNF.

• 4 weeks later...

Nico was not aggressive enough in texas... it looks like this weekends race in Brazil is going to be a wet one, also expect Massa to have a strong showing this weekend, Nico is going to need to finish ahead of lewis in brazil if he wants to make it close in the final race with double points