Formula One 2014 season

rmtn

I was the biggest fan of Formula 1; until this season. I just get no fun out of watching these hybrid shit sounding washing machines; and the ever tyre and fuel saving modes. I would religiously make sure I can watch every race live. I have not watched a live race since the first two of this season. I just don't care, and that pisses me off. Atleast historically, when they had bad sounding turbo engines, they at least had no limits on them, and were running 1,700hp in those 600kg buckets.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, personally I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, yeah, an atonal drone isn't a remotely exciting thing to hear. On the other hand, I find it easier and less draining to sit through the full race with so little high-frequency noise.

Very happy to see Lewis and Ricciardo doing so well, but I'd be happier if the teams were more closely matched. These two backmarker teams dropping out does make you wonder if it's time to revise the way prize and/or advertising money is distributed across the paddock.

On the other hand, I find it easier and less draining to sit through the full race with so little high-frequency noise.

Very good point actually. Still think they need to bring a bit more noise.

I actually think there has been some great driving this season especially from Lewis, Alonso, JB and Riccardo.

I would love to see JB and Alonso in competitive Honda powered McLaren's but I think they will go with Magnusson.

Meh, personally I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, yeah, an atonal drone isn't a remotely exciting thing to hear. On the other hand, I find it easier and less draining to sit through the full race with so little high-frequency noise.

it was nice to be able to talk to the people around me while the F1 cars are flying past at WOT.

I'm speechless. I suggest you could go to a cricket, baseball, or bingo evening instead? Shouldn't be too much noise there :)

Imagine NASCAR without the epic V8 thunder .....

I rest my case.

I'm speechless. I suggest you could go to a cricket, baseball, or bingo evening instead? Shouldn't be too much noise there :)

Imagine NASCAR without the epic V8 thunder .....

I rest my case.

Cricket match? ;)

I totally get your point on the noise. I want shrieking like a Bear's bollocks in a bear trap V10s back but that will not happen.

I'm not sure you could hear the F1 cars over the cricket fans.

I am 100% fine giving up having a phone call for a couple hours while the race is on. Being able to have a call is NOT a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Best video related to F1 and Finns driving it I've seen all year. Lots about Kimi, the whole circus, fitness and mental training and little bit of Vettel and Mika Häkkinen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hamilton is so dialled in to this circuit. Not boring but impressive, at least to me.

The Mclaren drivers I feel sorry for them. Then I realise they are getting paid a heck of a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Kimi retained at Ferrari. Shame, would love to see Grosjean in that seat.

Spa this weekend which is a circuit I would love to drive. There is a slowmo of Riccardo going 180 up through Eau rouge sideways.

I think Rosberg will win this one.

Kimi retained at Ferrari. Shame, would love to see Grosjean in that seat.

Spa this weekend which is a circuit I would love to drive. There is a slowmo of Riccardo going 180 up through Eau rouge sideways.

I think Rosberg will win this one.

Where's this video? I'd like to see it.