Lone Survivor (movie)

Gilligan740

The lack of experience (only 2-3 years) shows in them not making the right choices in parts of the movie. Comms would have gotten them straight.

Yeah I can see it as a couple mistakes with just some bad circumstances turned into a really horrible situation.

That being said, I'm in no position to criticize anything they did because i sure as fcuk couldn't do what they do.

In your experience Charlie, what would have been the right decision? Hold the guys a prisoners until their extract arrived if for nothing else than to buy them some more time? Shoot them and go about the mission? Have bbq goat for dinner?

I've contemplated it quite a bit after seeing the movie and it's a fucked position to be in. Even the worst circumstance I'd rather have all those Seals back and three goat herders dead on the side of that mountain.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've contemplated it quite a bit after seeing the movie and it's a fucked position to be in. Even the worst circumstance I'd rather have all those Seals back and three goat herders dead on the side of that mountain.

I think our SEALS are great protectors of our country, but they made the right decision not killing people they couldn't identify as enemy combatants. What they should have done is aborted and scheduled an evac.

If enemy troops of the USA came to our country and killed your family just because they were in the wrong place at the right time while they were on the way to try and kill some military target they were pursuing in the USA how would you feel about that?

I think our SEALS are great protectors of our country, but they made the right decision not killing people they couldn't identify as enemy combatants. What they should have done is aborted and scheduled an evac.

If enemy troops of the USA came to our country and killed your family just because they were in the wrong place at the right time while they were on the way to try and kill some military target they were pursuing in the USA how would you feel about that?

I agree, it's completely fucked and your scenario would suck as well. Thankfully we don't live in a country where that is a likely scenario. But honing in the hypothetical, if it were a taliban in our country, i'm sure they would kill anyone/everyone in the way. Not saying it's the right thing to do, or that we should have a dick measuring contest on who can be the biggest monster. But if they made the decision to "eliminate the compromise" I wouldn't hold it against them. And we would likely have 11 seals alive today along with however many other military people the target has killed.

Morality and war don't really go hand in hand. I'm very thankful I don't have to make these decisions, and have nothing but respect for those that do.

37597618.jpg

LOL :lol2:

in all seriousness, I think they should of tied them up temporarily to give them enough time to get the fcuk out.

in tampa two people were shot when the movie started. crazyyyy

I agree, it's completely fucked and your scenario would suck as well. Thankfully we don't live in a country where that is a likely scenario. But honing in the hypothetical, if it were a taliban in our country, i'm sure they would kill anyone/everyone in the way. Not saying it's the right thing to do, or that we should have a dick measuring contest on who can be the biggest monster. But if they made the decision to "eliminate the compromise" I wouldn't hold it against them. And we would likely have 11 seals alive today along with however many other military people the target has killed.

Morality and war don't really go hand in hand. I'm very thankful I don't have to make these decisions, and have nothing but respect for those that do.

In fact they do in our code. It's what differentiates the USA from savages. Any mercenary with no code could go in and bulldoze everyone in their path. What makes the SEALS great is their ability to not do it that way. Some of the villagers protected Marcus at his own families' risk. What if the seals had mowed down that man's family indesciminantly?

I think they should of tied them up temporarily to give them enough time to get the fcuk out.

Or even the time to pop the HVT, or whatever else they were trying to accomplish. Releasing the herders and then staying in essentially the same area seemed like the worst possible idea. What did they expect would happen?

Or even the time to pop the HVT, or whatever else they were trying to accomplish. Releasing the herders and then staying in essentially the same area seemed like the worst possible idea. What did they expect would happen?

They were only there for recon, not to engage. And they thought it would take the Taliban several hours to make their way up the mountain and by that time they would be extracted and long gone. They didn't account for their comms to be down for that long.