Allan lampoon ' s European Vacation

Allan-Herbie

I was going to asked if you went there to ski but to be honest I didn't think you'd be into that, sorry :icon_mrgreen:

You never seen a fat guy ski?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan, cool trip!

What kind of jackets are you and your wife wearing? What hat do you have on in that one pic?

Looks warm for winter!

-K

I've got 2 heavy jackets, one short one long and then a ski jacket. My wife has a combo of about 20... lol

I've got 2 heavy jackets, one short one long and then a ski jacket. My wife has a combo of about 20... lol

hahaha figures. What kind are the Blue jackets and what brand is the hat you're wearing? Pretty slick!

Today is our last day in Germany.. thankfully.. I must say it's not going into my favorite places list.. There are some cool historic places to see, but for the most part, the people fcuking suck, they all seem pissed off. Unlike other countries most do not speak any English , and they will not make an effort to try and figure it out with you. Lastly the food blows, I got schnitzel and spatzel shooting out my ass. Best part of Germany was the Porsche factory tour.

I think this is the new I8? Saw one in Munich and it looked great. This was dark and couldn't see it good. Also I thought they are electric, this was loud.

IMG_20140126_175929.jpg

Also what is with this damn place? No one takes fcuking credit cards! Went to the german museum of war. Oddly enough they really don't show much of Hitler.

20140126_160022.jpg

20140126_160009.jpg

20140126_160239.jpg

20140126_160325.jpg

20140126_160402.jpg

20140126_162229.jpg

20140126_162758.jpg

20140126_163025.jpg

20140126_164242.jpg

Fuckers would teach dogs to look for food under tanks.. then they would strap bombs to them and send them under enemy tanks. The little handle would catch and... boom

20140126_161106.jpg

Fuckers would teach dogs to look for food under tanks.. then they would strap bombs to them and send them under enemy tanks. The little handle would catch and... boom

that's terrible....never knew about this.. :crybaby2:

Unlike other countries most do not speak any English , and they will not make an effort to try and figure it out with you.

Good grief..... did you really write that without any hint of sarcasm or did you forget to put the smiley / winking emoticon in?

Good grief..... did you really write that without any hint of sarcasm or did you forget to put the smiley / winking emoticon in?

I think it depends on the cities you visit in Germany.

Dresden and Munich for example are not that international like Hamburg or Berlin in my opinion.

Having visited all of them and living in Berlin right now and Hamburg in the past there are quite big differences language wise.

The language barrier wouldnt have been so high in other regions.

I hope you'll give our country another chance on one of your next Eurotrips. Maybe I can show you around in Berlin and show that not all germans are the same ;-) you are right about the food though...

I visit Germany quite often and my experience was always very pleasant, if it wasn't for the winter I would live there without any problems, people aren't as friendly in public but when you get to know them and they open up to you they are fun to hang out with, I never visit in winter maybe the cold makes people grumpier :icon_mrgreen:

I remember few yeas ago when I visited I stopped to ask for directions, we were looking for the train station and took few wrong turns, I stopped got out of the car and asked a passer by, he literally stopped looked me straight in the eyes and said absolutely nothing, nada, for about 15 seconds, I turned around and left he did the same, I've tried another person same treatment :lol2:

No sarcasm, no smiley... for the most part our experience at most any place other than our hotel or fine dining.

I visit Germany quite often and my experience was always very pleasant, if it wasn't for the winter I would live there without any problems, people aren't as friendly in public but when you get to know them and they open up to you they are fun to hang out with, I never visit in winter maybe the cold makes people grumpier :icon_mrgreen:

I remember few yeas ago when I visited I stopped to ask for directions, we were looking for the train station and took few wrong turns, I stopped got out of the car and asked a passer by, he literally stopped looked me straight in the eyes and said absolutely nothing, nada, for about 15 seconds, I turned around and left he did the same, I've tried another person same treatment :lol2:

Our experience was that most of the people who were on the more pleasant side were transplants.. Don't mean to offend anyone, on vacation everyone has likes and dislikes and for us, not just me but all four of us we would rather visit other places.. I wasn't a big fan of Prague either and others race about it..

I think it depends on the cities you visit in Germany.

Dresden and Munich for example are not that international like Hamburg or Berlin in my opinion.

Having visited all of them and living in Berlin right now and Hamburg in the past there are quite big differences language wise.

The language barrier wouldnt have been so high in other regions.

I hope you'll give our country another chance on one of your next Eurotrips. Maybe I can show you around in Berlin and show that not all germans are the same ;-) you are right about the food though...

sounds good! Always willing to give something else a try. Munich was certainly better than Dresden, even though for the most part I found Dresden more interesting.

great pics allan. you guys are probably gonna get a dumping of snow soon. just been dumping here in romania.

1560618_10202947104063013_514698592_n.jpg

where you heading to next?

At the airport, flight cancelled. They don't give instructions in English as they would anywhere else so we don't know to go pick up our luggage first. We end up.going through security 3x. Interesting fact is on the first two times we breeze through security. On the third time, absolutely nothing on our persons has changed. I sound the alarm off and need to get wanded, and they go through my wife's carry on. Nightmare

Only cool.thing is they have a model car store at the airport of all places, but then again it's closed of course.

Also haven't seen it mentioned here but they are reporting that Schumi is pretty much done for. Very unfortunate.

News seems to.portray sarcastily that Obama is trying to.convince the world of his American intentions. CNN keeps replaying a story that 85 people control more wealth than the rest of the world and the inequality of wealth.