I Got A Piece to My Aventador!

ToofDoc

2-3 months but I also ran into the holidays! I shipped the core out towards the end of Oct and it was completed at the end of December.

I wasn't in a hurry so I didn't really rush the build.

Nothing to do with the holidays; he outsources his production.

Awesome looking wheel!!!

I can't help but notice that the Carbon Fiber center trim is done in one piece around the multifunction buttons. So what happens if one of the buttons doesn't work? How do you repair it because now you can no longer open the trim piece and gain access to it?

The stock wheels center trim piece are 6 pieces (both front and back). Just curious., that's all.

Awesome looking wheel!!!

I can't help but notice that the Carbon Fiber center trim is done in one piece around the multifunction buttons. So what happens if one of the buttons doesn't work? How do you repair it because now you can no longer open the trim piece and gain access to it?

The stock wheels center trim piece are 6 pieces (both front and back). Just curious., that's all.

Maybe we're not looking at the same things? If you look at the preconversion pics, the silver front center piece (three spokes with center ring) is all one piece, the back view, the three spokes silver backings are three individual pieces. 4 pieces total, not 6?

After conversion, the carbon fiber kept all the pieces as they were.

If any multi-functional buttons don't work, I simply will need to remove the airbag/horn and remove the front CF center ring with the 3 spoke by unscrewing the screws from the back.

I don't know, am I right?

Maybe we're not looking at the same things? If you look at the preconversion pics, the silver front center piece (three spokes with center ring) is all one piece, the back view, the three spokes silver backings are three individual pieces. 4 pieces total, not 6?

After conversion, the carbon fiber kept all the pieces as they were.

If any multi-functional buttons don't work, I simply will need to remove the airbag/horn and remove the front CF center ring with the 3 spoke by unscrewing the screws from the back.

I don't know, am I right?

You are absolutely right. I wasn't looking at your pictures closely because I can see now it is made up of 4 pieces. However, I did notice that on the stock wheel, there are screw holes from the back. In the carbon version, I noticed they removed the screw holes completely, which means the carbon pieces are snapped on (which is fine). It's just if something does go wrong with the steering wheel, you would need to remove the carbon trim by snapping it off, which can be tricky. I had a problem with my 997 wheel, and the factory mechanic tried to remove the trim piece and damaged the leather portion. The dealer had to order a brand new wheel as a result.

You are absolutely right. I wasn't looking at your pictures closely because I can see now it is made up of 4 pieces. However, I did notice that on the stock wheel, there are screw holes from the back. In the carbon version, I noticed they removed the screw holes completely, which means the carbon pieces are snapped on (which is fine). It's just if something does go wrong with the steering wheel, you would need to remove the carbon trim by snapping it off, which can be tricky. I had a problem with my 997 wheel, and the factory mechanic tried to remove the trim piece and damaged the leather portion. The dealer had to order a brand new wheel as a result.

Oh I see what you're saying.

There are still screws in the back. Just in the CF pictures they're harder to see. No snap ons, still screws. :icon_thumleft: