Super Bowl Predictions?!?!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife and I made a nice sports bet in vegas while attending sema for the Broncos. Will be a nice payday if they pull it off....

Are you guys all picking Denver regardless of opponent or just Seattle?

Now I'm a Niner fan so perhaps I'm biased but I think the SF defense would have been a tougher matchup for Denver than Seattle (assuming Navarro Bowman's ACL wasn't annihilated :crybaby2: ). Outside of that Centurylink stadium, the Seahawks defense is noticeably less ferocious. They use a lot of single high safety, press man coverage and put an extra safety in the box to stop the run; this is great defense if you have the talent to pull it off (and they do) against a good share of offenses in the NFL, but Denver and I'd say New England when fully healthy force a team out of that scenario pretty quickly because guys like Manning and Brady can really spread the ball around and attack you at your biggest weakness.

Those two teams do not do most of their damage downfield outside the hashes like most offenses -- that stuff takes time to develop and Seattle eats that stuff up. A lot of quick hitting throws to slot guys like Welker who are not a good matchup for those big Seahawk corners, and good use of Julius Thomas and RBs out of the backfield. Seattle has the best secondary in the league but their front 7 IMO is a step back from SF & Carolina and will show in two weeks.

I think the biggest x factor in this game will be the weather. The warmer the better for Denver.....you saw what happened with 60 degree weather the other day. If there's a fluke 50-60 degree day in NJ, Peyton will be at his best. Sub 30 degrees, and god forbid it gets to Green Bay frigid temps....all bets are off. Nobody throws the ball great in freezing weather, and now a more run based team like Seattle has an advantage.

The other x factor historically has been the idea that Peyton is not an elite postseason QB, which has proven more true than not most of his career. But this postseason he looks pretty good, not much drop off if any from regular season.

Should be a good game. If the Seahawks win this game, I'll have to tip the hat to them. They'll probably need one or two 15 second scrambles from Wilson to pull it off.

I'll go with Denver in this one. If you believe in conspiracy theories with super bowls, the league will want to see Peyton ride off into the sunset just like Ray Lewis last year, and the calls will go accordingly. :icon_mrgreen:

Seahawks by 10. I am a bears fan so dont really care. Seattle Will have ball control

San diego and Patriots held them pretty good with their shitty D. I think Seattle's D is on another level. Plus all the big money is going on Denver..lol

Seahawks by 10. I am a bears fan so dont really care. Seattle Will have ball control

San diego and Patriots held them pretty good with their shitty D. I think Seattle's D is on another level. Plus all the big money is going on Denver..lol

Over 500 yards of offense is "holding them pretty good."?? :eusa_think: The Pats did make them kick FG's several times, but Denver only punted once IIRC and moved the ball at will. That game easily could have been 38-10 or something.

[ Insert generic, exuberant, uneducated, blindly-optimistic post regarding superiority of preferred sporting group over its opponent in trivial match to excite the proles. ]

Over 500 yards of offense is "holding them pretty good."?? :eusa_think: The Pats did make them kick FG's several times, but Denver only punted once IIRC and moved the ball at will. That game easily could have been 38-10 or something.

:iamwithstupid:

I predict that I will go to a mate's house to watch it, stay up late, get impossibly shit faced and turn up to work still drunk bemoaning that both teams did not pack their balls and played it super safe for all but 2 seconds of the match.

And those two seconds will be during when I have gone for a piss.

Hey Fellippe, tough loss for the 49ers !!!!! :crybaby2:

Seattle vs SF was the true super bowl for me. I want Payton to win another. but I believed whoever came out on top with the win in the SEA vs SF game were going to be the bowl winners.

However, one man will make a huge difference in this game: Marshawn Lynch . Denver won't be able to stop him.

I'm not going to bother with a score prediction, but I think Seattle will be in the 30+ point range with Denver close behind.

Tough game to call! Neither team is lacking in any department, really. Good QB matchup, great Seattle defense, but Seattle's offense is not 100%. Denver has the upperhand with their offense.

I'm actually hoping the weather in NJ gets worse so they make the same sooner (Sorry NJ people ) :icon_mrgreen:

Hey Fellippe, tough loss for the 49ers !!!!! :crybaby2:

Seattle vs SF was the true super bowl for me. I want Payton to win another. but I believed whoever came out on top with the win in the SEA vs SF game were going to be the bowl winners.

However, one man will make a huge difference in this game: Marshawn Lynch . Denver won't be able to stop him.

I'm not going to bother with a score prediction, but I think Seattle will be in the 30+ point range with Denver close behind.

Tough game to call! Neither team is lacking in any department, really. Good QB matchup, great Seattle defense, but Seattle's offense is not 100%. Denver has the upperhand with their offense.

I'm actually hoping the weather in NJ gets worse so they make the same sooner (Sorry NJ people ) :icon_mrgreen:

Colder weather favors Seattle. Is that what you want? :lol2:

Tough loss indeed. It's extremely hard to win super bowls in this modern NFL even when you are a consensus #1,#2 team. And with SF the last three seasons, I'd say injuries were the culprit. For a team with historic dominance, they've been snake bit lately.

Lynch is good but what seems to trouble most teams outside the NFC West is how to contain Russell Wilson. The film is out there courtesy of St. Louis, Arizona, and SF, yet it seems harder to execute than you'd expect.....although it's gotten better the second half of the season I'd say. Is Von Miller out for the season? I forget...

Much like the 49er offense, the Seahawk offense is not extremely fluid and consistent week in and week out. The only consistency is that if either of those teams can run on you with success, then they are very difficult to stop.

The one troubling statistic I have as a Niner fan is that since 1990 when they've lost the NFC Championship game, the other team has gone on to win the super bowl every time. Giants 1990 and 2011, Dallas 1992 and 1993, Green Bay 1997 ... :eusa_wall:

Now tell me.. are you guys choosing based on being a fanboy or intuition based on both teams past performances?

:eusa_think:

Now tell me.. are you guys choosing based on being a fanboy or intuition based on both teams past performances?

:eusa_think:

Don't know who you are referring to but as someone who has seen every Seattle game this year, they are very good but only a scary team at home. Since last season they have had very few dominant wins on the road compared to other teams of similar caliber. Even with this massive home field advantage and a struggle by rival SF, it still took till week 17 to clinch the NFC West for them. What that stadium does for that defense is take away a lot of the audibling communication of the offense as well as allow the front 7 to get a jump on the ball because of the silent snap count. You give that advantage to any top 5 defense and you're gonna struggle big time. Couple that with the momentum swings that big plays tend to give and it snowballs like crazy. That first Saints game this year, the game was over the second Drew Brees fumbled it and had it returned for a TD. It had the momentum swing of a 4th quarter turnover all in the first 3 minutes....that's ridiculous.

When they play on the road they are much closer to their true colors.

Denver has been up and down this season defensively, relying on the arm of Peyton Manning. If their best D shows up, I think they slow down the Seahawks enough for the Broncos to win the game. Otherwise it's a toss up. A ball control style offense for the Seahawks, keeping Denver off the field and killing clock can be a huge equalizer.

The big question mark with Peyton is which one will show up, the one who has killed it all year or the one who traditionally underperforms this time of year.

This game could really go either way and it would not surprise one bit.

If there's another subtle line in this story it's that Denver has a few players with super bowl experience whereas the Seahawks have none. Stuff like this tends to matter a bit. Playoff experience is pretty valuable in the wildcard thru championship rounds, and super bowl it helps to have that experience too. Look what happened last year to San Francisco in the super bowl....who predicted those first three quarters going that way?

Also, these pick plays the Broncos run on offense......will they continue to be successful....will they be called for penalties?

Should be a good one.

I think Percy Harvin Will be a factor in Seattle's win. I think Defense wins championships. Seattle is clearly the better D.

If i recall they played each other for a half in the preseason 40-10 , the first half was all starters for both teams and Manning got destroyed. I think with weather being bad/cold Manning will be at a huge disadvantage. Wilson can run and create plays manning is a standing statue.

I see Seattle winning this.

This game will cement Mannings legacy..he needs to win it. I like both teams but def pulling for the broncos. Also, the two best uniforms in the NFL lol.

I think Percy Harvin Will be a factor in Seattle's win. I think Defense wins championships. Seattle is clearly the better D.

If i recall they played each other for a half in the preseason 40-10 , the first half was all starters for both teams and Manning got destroyed. I think with weather being bad/cold Manning will be at a huge disadvantage. Wilson can run and create plays manning is a standing statue.

I see Seattle winning this.

Manning was 11/16 for 163 yards and a TD in a quarter and a half. I hope he gets "destroyed" like that next Sunday.

This game will cement Mannings legacy..he needs to win it. I like both teams but def pulling for the broncos. Also, the two best uniforms in the NFL lol.

For all the crap he's taken (and I've given him my fair share, haha).....if Denver wins this game, Manning will be the first QB in NFL history to lead two different teams to super bowl championships.

I don't know if there's ever been a QB to start in the SB for two different teams. SB winning QBs have tended to retire with their same team more often than not, and the two exceptions that come up, have come close but not quite:

Joe Montana in Kansas City - lost in 1993 AFC Championship game * (knocked out of game)

Brett Favre in Minnesota - lost in 2009 NFC Championship game

The game is slanted towards having a great QB now much more than back then, but a first is still a first.