BLUE MONSTER lays stats or the table!

BLUE MONSTER

This is different then what we were talking about before. 680hp at the crank is a bit low, the dyno did not give crank HP it gave WHP so the 680 came from someone converting it up from WHP I thought you said it made 624WHP if so it is much more then 680 crank. Find out what it made at the wheels.

Ok I think I understand you know .. You are saying that 680 hp@ the crank is not from the dyno but a number the person performing the dyno filled in?

My car made 624 awhp.. You can see my dyno sheet .. Another aventador dyno made 683 hp @ the crank!

Unless they removed the motor from the car and put it on an engine dyno, we really have NO IDEA what actual crank HP is. A chassis dyno can only measure wheel hp. Everything else it tells you is just a guestimated calculation.

Unless they removed the motor from the car and put it on an engine dyno, we really have NO IDEA what actual crank HP is. A chassis dyno can only measure wheel hp. Everything else it tells you is just a guestimated calculation.

So what can I say my car has for hp without looking like a donky instead of a bull!! This is learning at its beat👍

So yours is a bit up on power The other one you don't know because like I said the Dyno doesn't tell crank HP only Whp and you don't know what the Dyno operator used to convert it. Example

at the wheels

624Whp

10%=693 10%=686.4

12%=709 12%=698.88

14%=726 14%=711.36

16%=744 16%=723.84

18%=762. 18%=736.32

20%=780 20%=748.8

25%=832 25%=780 Corrected % you % where off this time lmao😉👍!

So what can I say my car has for hp without looking like a donky instead of a bull!! This is learning at its beat👍

Nothing, just state actual uncorrected RWHP. It's the most accurate (and relevant) measurement you can get with the motor in the car. And by tweaking some figures you can swing that number 15% in either direction, hence the uncorrected part.

Besides, is anything else really relevant? If it makes 625 to the tires, that is what is moving the car forward. If it makes 675, or 900hp at the crank to reach that RWHP number, it doesn't make one bit of difference.

And those online calculators are nothing more than an algorithm scrip in one form or another that a web guy threw together. They have as much scientific backing as my grandmothers pasta sauce recipe involving pinches of this and a dash of that.

The relevant information would be a baseline dyno run, and another run in similar atmospheric conditions with the added modifications to the car. From that you can garner if you're moving the ball in the right direction or not.

Ultimately a Dyno is just a comparative tool for tuning purposes that has turned into an e-dick measuring tool.

Nothing, just state actual uncorrected RWHP. It's the most accurate (and relevant) measurement you can get with the motor in the car. And by tweaking some figures you can swing that number 15% in either direction, hence the uncorrected part.

Besides, is anything else really relevant? If it makes 625 to the tires, that is what is moving the car forward. If it makes 675, or 900hp at the crank to reach that RWHP number, it doesn't make one bit of difference.

And those online calculators are nothing more than an algorithm scrip in one form or another that a web guy threw together. They have as much scientific backing as my grandmothers pasta sauce recipe involving pinches of this and a dash of that.

The relevant information would be a baseline dyno run, and another run in similar atmospheric conditions with the added modifications to the car. From that you can garner if you're moving the ball in the right direction or not.

Ultimately a Dyno is just a comparative tool for tuning purposes that has turned into an e-dick measuring tool.

. Thanks a million ! Understanding clearly .....a great discussion and thanks for having the patience...Lou!

. Thanks a million ! Understanding clearly .....a great discussion and thanks for having the patience...Lou!

I say come on out with us to PBIR on Sunday. Ran it down the drag strip once or twice.