Um... This is just some scary ass shit.

Roman

So... Your point in all this is some priests did bad things? No shit... They're human beings and human beings sometimes do bad fcuking things.... It's completely pointless to this thread...

Youll notice you're the only one who can't conform himself to the fourth warning from a moderator on this particular subject.... What should we do about that?

My statement was applicable to the implication the priest had higher bearing as a witness, compared to the other "eyewitnesses". This was clearly the intention, as there was already more than one "eyewitness". It was much more in line and completely pertinent as opposed to many of the other posts in this thread.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My statement was applicable to the implication the priest had higher bearing as a witness, compared to the other "eyewitnesses". This was clearly the intention, as there was already more than one "eyewitness". It was much more in line and completely pertinent as opposed to many of the other posts in this thread.

Why would a priest have any more clout as a witness compared to the others?

In rank with having the most to lose by acknowledging what they claim to have seen, those employed by the govt seem to have the most pull.

Hell one could ascertain the priest actually has a lot to gain by going along with this and trying to build its credibility.

PS, Roman is trying to get you to tone down the wild generalizing stereotypes. It isn't really applicable to an intelligent discussion.

RD, any reason in particular that you find this story quite riveting? Perhaps a part of the story byitself? Just wondering.

Why would a priest have any more clout as a witness compared to the others?

That's my point, he doesn't. Therefore there is no "breaking news", there continues to still be multiple "eyewitnesses".

PS did you see my post before he deleted it, or are you going off of the grossly wrong implications libel occued? There were no wild generalizing stereotypes, simply a tounge and cheek rebuttal of witness legitimacy.

RD, any reason in particular that you find this story quite riveting? Perhaps a part of the story byitself? Just wondering.

Maybe because he's a magician and he's intrigued to see if it's all smoke and mirrors :icon_mrgreen: and didn't RD have some weird shit happen when he was helping someone move? Like a mailbox or something went flying off the porch... I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Let's face it... Most people find this shit riveting..... Which is why there is a zak douchebaggins. And about two dozen other tv shows on the general "paranormal". Not to mention the number 1 nationally broadcast overnight radio show, the HUGE box office successes of about a half dozen movies, from the Exorcist to Paranormal activity 24 or whatever fcuking number they're up to now...

And of course, why this story went from the Indy Star, to the Internet and now to all the national news programs...(which was another point of the video... Its on freakin' O'reilly) Shit's interesting.

Why this case? Because there DOES seem to be some evidence... Police and particularly the psych personnel.... To which the only rebuttal has been "they're colluding" with zero evidence of that.

Could it all be a big conspiracy? Sure... I'm the biggest skeptic here.... But I do leave open the possibility AND fact that there is a lot of stuff we don't understand, and there is not a scientific explanation for everything... And... The bigger and more complex a conspiracy theory gets, the less likely it is to be possible...

And somebody brought up the flying cat plaque... I took that down. For personal reasons... But there's a perfect example....

You all know me.. You know I'm not making that up... There were two people with me who said "um... Ok.... Let's just get this piano on this truck and get out of here." That tchotchke flew... Sideways... Off a wall... It had hung on that wall for years... And at that moment, when I'm selling a Piano that had been in my family since the 1930's and we're walking by it, in a completely "physically impossible" way, it propelled itself against gravity sideways and landed ten or so feet away from where it started... There's no explanation for that... It was raining that day... And there was a bit of wind.... But not that much wind. Not to do that.... This was a ceramic plaque that had enough weight that WHEN it flew across the patio, and LANDED ON CONCRETE, it didn't break... No way a light wind does that.

So when you eliminate all possible explanations, only the impossible remains...

That's my point, he doesn't. Therefore there is no "breaking news", there continues to still be multiple "eyewitnesses".

PS did you see my post before he deleted it, or are you going off of the grossly wrong implications libel occued? There were no wild generalizing stereotypes, simply a tounge and cheek rebuttal of witness legitimacy.

The "breaking news" was another PERSON involved in the case in a LIVE interview. You're the only one hung up on his profession....

There are lots of things which we can't yet explain and we might never be able to, at least we stop burning people at the stake for witchcraft :icon_mrgreen:

Assuming we all spend our lives to some degree searching for some kind of understanding of spiritual enlightenment, and of all the things that make us question religion or god in our lifetimes, this paranormal demon stuff should be right up there. Pardon the dumb question, but if we do have an almighty creator that created everything, and we assume for the moment that this stuff is real and beyond our understanding, why would a creator create a world in which everything in it has the distinct opportunity to devolve into torture like this? Why would entities be created that can torture us in our world? Again, assuming this is true. Souls and living things or spiritual bodies would apparently be faced with the distinct possibility that the only role they came into existence to serve is to be tortured. There's a happy thought. If the mission of religions throughout our history is to help us choose the right door into eternity, why is there a choice in the first place? That doesn't strike me as a real positive thing...pretty much a huge bummer...that I need to meet conditions in order to be loved by my creator...that I am not loved unconditionally. Is that how it is? I'm not saying that's how it is. I really don't know, so I'm asking and thinking out loud. Maybe one of you knows better.

Am I approaching this too simplistically? Whether we're talking about dead people coming back to haunt us, or native demonic entities in our world, what the fk's up with that? That's totally uncalled for. When I create something, an idea, a work of art, whatever, I don't go into it thinking that I need it do something to meet my approval...it came from me, it is me, and disapproving of it and damning it (or whatever) would be damning myself. It just doesn't make any sense or feel natural. I guess I don't see the point, and it would be saddening if we are in this position. If I am to assume that there is a spiritual realm that is beyond my world that is nothing but misery and suffering (that sometimes leaks out on us), all I can do is ask why was this created too? I wouldn't create a wonderful painting and then hold a match up to it and threaten it, "well, what's it gonna be punk, do you feel lucky?" The painting is powerless to react to my power so why would I even imagine expecting it to do something. That's the end of that logic stream, but I'm no more sure where to settle on these ideas than the 5 billion people before me. I certainly don't mean to be a big downer and I don't know any of this to be the case, but damn dudes, if it is the case, this sucks. I can't imagine the feeling of powerlessness watching your own kid walking up a wall backwards and spouting off like a horror movie.

I doubt these things because the odds don't make sense. If we did a poll, with whoever had something happen they can't explain, vs no experiences of that sort, I am guessing we'll see a fairly one sided poll. So RD's ghost likes pianos. Great. Does no one else have anyone in their family tree who was passionate about something? Hell, isn't the whole guardian angel thing about someone being passionate about a person?! But if we say that we felt like we should have done x, or y, we don't say guardian angel, you say you had a feeling, or intuition, which is from within.

About the story - it's not just that they're colluding. The confirmation bias, in a thing such as this, is so strong.

There is a special show where they catch ghosts, right? I saw a comedian say something about how that show didn't catch anything in all these years. What gives?

RD: I assume you're alluding to Coast to Coast AM as the overnight radio show? if so, do you have any thoughts on David paulides investigative work that he talks about on the show?

Feel free to PM if you feel it may derail this thread.

RD: I assume you're alluding to Coast to Coast AM as the overnight radio show? if so, do you have any thoughts on David paulides investigative work that he talks about on the show?

Feel free to PM if you feel it may derail this thread.

That is the show... But I dont listen to it, so I cant comment... I have no idea who that is.

Assuming we all spend our lives to some degree searching for some kind of understanding of spiritual enlightenment, and of all the things that make us question religion or god in our lifetimes, this paranormal demon stuff should be right up there. Pardon the dumb question, but if we do have an almighty creator that created everything, and we assume for the moment that this stuff is real and beyond our understanding, why would a creator create a world in which everything in it has the distinct opportunity to devolve into torture like this?

My personal belief is that there very much could be a creator, but I do not believe that there was any central design to the Earth or humans. We are just the product of evolution, which itself is the product of biology, which itself is the product of chemistry, which is the product of physics, which is the product of mathematics.

I was driving this morning and remembered (for whatever crazy reason) that I kept forgetting to check in on that Roman-Scary thread, and my next thought was, y'know, I bet that WheelsRCool dude rolls in out of nowhere with some words on my winded post! hahaha. I'm getting to know you guys better. Now that's scary.

Guys just a point of interest- this story is two years old and never got any traction until the ghost hunter guy bought the house. It wouldnt be crazy to pay an ex sherriff to ham up his story.

Guys just a point of interest- this story is two years old and never got any traction until the ghost hunter guy bought the house. It wouldnt be crazy to pay an ex sherriff to ham up his story.

No, think it's much more likely that these events did in fact take place as described; and it's just damn unfortunate that not one single shred of tangible evidence exists to support the story.

• 3 months later...
Great read, mind opening.

Glad you enjoyed it. It wasn't until after I posted I realized this wasn't quite the thread i was looking for to post in. I was looking for the extra terrestrial one and ended up in the ghost thread. Oops