Has this ever happened to you by a dealer?

Scotty

So in the fall of 2012, I place an order for a Aventador Roadaster

Shortly thereafter, the Dealership calls you about a coupe they just got in that is to die for.....

The deal : they will sell you a loaded 2012 Coupe today for $45k over sticker with a guarantee that when the Roadster comes in a year from now they will give you sticker price back on the Coupe.

Roadster comes in late December and they offer you $80k less than sticker as they Coupes are selling for less than expected. When email are copied showing the original correspondence they say they cannot keep that deal and btw the original GM is no longer there.....

When they find out how pissed off you are, they offer to take the Coupe back at the original deal but must order you a new car so you will be without a car for 6 months........

What would you do?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the fall of 2012, I place an order for a Aventador Roadaster

Shortly thereafter, the Dealership calls you about a coupe they just got in that is to die for.....

The deal : they will sell you a loaded 2012 Coupe today for $45k over sticker with a guarantee that when the Roadster comes in a year from now they will give you sticker price back on the Coupe.

Roadster comes in late December and they offer you $80k less than sticker as they Coupes are selling for less than expected. When email are copied showing the original correspondence they say they cannot keep that deal and btw the original GM is no longer there.....

When they find out how pissed off you are, they offer to take the Coupe back at the original deal but must order you a new car so you will be without a car for 6 months........

What would you do?

I've been giving this some thought over the past few days since you told me, and this is absolutely crazy.

Your original sales guy that you liked and dealt with is no longer there as well, time to jump ship and change dealers. Don't let them take anymore of your hard earned money Scott. You have worked way to hard to get where you are. On top of that you are are no small fish in the pond and there are plenty of dealers who would beg for your business. Its not like you are far from another local dealer.

Isn't there a possible 2nd car on top of this coming in as well?

Car is on show floor they are telling sales guys, deal fell thru and they want $80k over for it.

Was the deal just via email correspondence? Was there something signed? I don't know how that works legally. I would probably take the latter deal and wait the 6 months.

I would never had bought the coupe if I knew they would renege, I really did not want , but thought what the hell, it won't cost me much.....

If you don't have it in writing on a contract they can do whatever they want, it sucks!

Yup, I only have it in an email correspondence. I trusted them, and had bought 3 cars in the past two years with no hick ups, so I figured we were good with the email.

This may sound a little crazy but just a thought. We have many LP members that will back you. I would ask to speak with the owner of the dealership. If you are able to explain to the dealer owner what happened, how many followers are on LP and that you are a VIP member here and that just from this sale for you may affect their future sales and they may lose a great customer (you) the owner will make the right decision. If they laugh you off then I would post the dealer name, the person you have been talking to, contact phone at the dealership, and write something professional for all of us to call the dealer each day. We limit the calls to that contact to just four calls a day. Each person that calls, replies to this topic so we know what was said and simply who called each day to make sure at least four people call per day. Each day that contact gets four calls a day for the next month and I bet he changes his mind real fast.

Amazing how Lambo Palm Beach can be so shorted sighted, exotic buyers are tight groups, they clearly will be losing future sales with these tactics.

The deal was made with the dealer, not with the gm. So as long as the dealer hasn't changed its business entity name, then it's management change is irrelevant. The fact you have email is good and I would contact a lawyer if you feel it's justified

Email is good enough. Call your lawyer ASAP, you have several causes of action, breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and if you move quick you can slap them with an injunction to stop them from selling the car you ordered.

Just make sure everything you've told us is indeed in the emails.

Scotty sorry to hear. That really sucks. I remember we were both at the unveiling even in FL. Bottomline is they want it both way. low ball you on the coupe and jack up the price on the roadster. Wow. Shady. I once considered getting a car from them but after this, I'm staying away. Another example of how shady stuff can cost you business. Very shortsighted of them.

There are way too many dealers out there.. talk to Ed at Lambo ATL. He will treat you right!

This may sound a little crazy but just a thought. We have many LP members that will back you. I would ask to speak with the owner of the dealership. If you are able to explain to the dealer owner what happened, how many followers are on LP and that you are a VIP member here and that just from this sale for you may affect their future sales and they may lose a great customer (you) the owner will make the right decision. If they laugh you off then I would post the dealer name, the person you have been talking to, contact phone at the dealership, and write something professional for all of us to call the dealer each day. We limit the calls to that contact to just four calls a day. Each person that calls, replies to this topic so we know what was said and simply who called each day to make sure at least four people call per day. Each day that contact gets four calls a day for the next month and I bet he changes his mind real fast.

I like this! I got a coupe of PMs that I am going to follow up, but this is a great idea.

Yup, I only have it in an email correspondence. I trusted them, and had bought 3 cars in the past two years with no hick ups, so I figured we were good with the email.

Many years ago when I started in business my old bank manager told me "always remember the following: if you want loyalty get yourself a puppy dog!"

I've got burnt few times, serious dollars to, always because of trust, every time it happened I remembered his words.

Most people's word means nothing when it comes to $$$, the sad state of the society we leave in.

Don't worry it's only money, you will make it again but they will have to leave with the consequences of a failed relationship.

This could easily blow up into monster social media proportions.... the blogs would have a field day with it...

This could easily blow up into monster social media proportions.... the blogs would have a field day with it...

I remember that happened with the eBay car a few years ago needless to say, the dealer took a beating, lost on several fronts and probably lost a ton on reputation and lost business. Just DUMB move on their part. I like the 4 contacts per day approach. Watch them buckle fast!

have had almost the exact thing happen to me... i just carried on and cancelled my future orders with that dealer... it sucks for sure. If you have the email back up and a good lawyer would love to see it work out for you.

Many years ago when I started in business my old bank manager told me "always remember the following: if you want loyalty get yourself a puppy dog!"

I've got burnt few times, serious dollars to, always because of trust, every time it happened I remembered his words.

Most people's word means nothing when it comes to $$$, the sad state of the society we leave in.

Don't worry it's only money, you will make it again but they will have to leave with the consequences of a failed relationship.

For sure. Dumb move on their part, I could not care a less. I can keep my car as I do love it, but have another roadster due in 30 days as I could not decide a color and so I ordered two. Bret David in Miami has been calling me for a couple of years but I am a loyalist so I stayed with the dealer was accustom. That is no longer an issue.

For sure. Dumb move on their part, I could not care a less. I can keep my car as I do love it, but have another roadster due in 30 days as I could not decide a color and so I ordered two. Bret David in Miami has been calling me for a couple of years but I am a loyalist so I stayed with the dealer was accustom. That is no longer an issue.

If he's been calling you for a couple years "wanting" your business......doesn't seem like there's much to think about......When you are ready for another Lambo.

Sorry to hear your experience Scott! I know you've mentioned to me you had issue with the dealer, but didn't know it was to this extent!

Hope some dealer would see the rare color and give you a decent trade in value close to MSRP, but it's definitely time to move onto another dealer.

Better get all this crap sorted out by 6/6! :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry to hear your experience Scott! I know you've mentioned to me you had issue with the dealer, but didn't know it was to this extent!

Hope some dealer would see the rare color and give you a decent trade in value close to MSRP, but it's definitely time to move onto another dealer.

Better get all this crap sorted out by 6/6! :icon_mrgreen:

No worries, I will have everything in order for the trip!