P1 Review on Top Gear

kinnsella

just watched it, incredible car... hybrid powered sports cars are the future for sure... The GT-R or NSX will probably be the first "reasonably" priced one...

Thanks for sharing!

That made me even less excited about the P1. Not a great review.

Really?!

I guess different strokes for different folks...

I would think a company like McLaren coming out with a hyper car, especially after their legendary F1, would give as good of a review as I just watched... I want to call McLaren!

Al their new technology and automotive innovation makes me want to drive it much sooner than I would a 918, L*A* Ferrari or Veneno.

Granted esthetics wise, even though I love the look of the P1, your Veneno is much nicer but from a driver seat point of view, I would want the keys to the P1 first.

Any bets, 3 to 1 that it will be faster than the 918 or L*A* Ferrari?

Really?!

I would think a company like McLaren coming out with a hyper car, especially after their legendary F1, would give as good of a review as I just watched... I want to call McLaren!

Al their new technology and automotive innovation makes me want to drive it much sooner than I would a 918, L*A* Ferrari or Veneno.

Granted esthetics wise, even though I love the look of the P1, your Veneno is much nicer but from a driver seat point of view, I would want the keys to the P1 first.

I agree. The P1 will be the fastest!

can't wait to see the 918 vs. P1 match up!

that being said… the P1 is so damn beautiful. not the same beauty that most current cars have… it's so futuristic. LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing!

Lol, I figured you'd say that. The only two journalists in the world to drive both the 918 and the P1 (amongst many many other cars) say the P1 is out of this world (they both drove the 918 first). Every single person to drive the P1 has come away with a changed perspective.

The P1 IS lairy at the limit. This isn't some car you can say isn't involving and not exciting.

190 mph at the end of Kemmel straight in the wet is no joke. That's about 40 kph faster than the GT3 cars go in the dry, and that's without using DRS.

There are subjective reasons to not like the P1, I get that, but even you have to agree that the performance is staggering. My only disappointment was it was done in the rain, but I'd like to hear about why this wasn't a great review for you.

Really?!

+1 just watched it . Car is amazing.

Insane. I can't wait to see Chris Harris wheel on on /Drive. Should be out soonish.

P1 is the next king after the F1. No question in my book.

9 more friggin days :( Chris was giving it the beans... Blue flames and full sideways action

just watched it, incredible car... hybrid powered sports cars are the future for sure... The GT-R or NSX will probably be the first "reasonably" priced one...

:iamwithstupid: my money is on the nsx to break the mold. probably under 110k

P1 is the real deal. Not exactly great looking, but still absolutely serious performance. I do have a tiny reservation about the glowing reviews simply because the British are so inclined to absolutely blow British cars. That said, it would be a big risk to your reputation if you say it will demolish a 918 and then have it not.

It's a great time to have 3 performance cars like the 918/P1/Tralalalala to rail around.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing!

:iamwithstupid:

That segment felt "squeezed in" to make the episode more interesting. Not that Top Gear's on-air reviews should be taken too seriously, but I was a bit disappointed. I think the P1 will make another appearance in this series, though.

Apparently in a few weeks there will be a P1 vs 918 segment on the show. They will at the very least reveal both lap times around the Top Gear track.

Dumbest idea ever to have them try to do laps in the wet. Then how do you know where they stack up against the Huayra and Veyron and everything else on the list? The vast majority of cars on the power lap board are done in the dry. If you look at every lap time that is recorded on every major track in the world, everyone will try to have it in the dry.

Porsche would have been stupid to want to drive in the wet, given that the ThethetheFerrari would then do its lap in the dry.