Free Mustang?

Chipster

Thanks again!

The good news, if you see this guy you won't need to do any of the restoration work yourself, just park it up and come back every morning to see the progress, and as a bonus you get to hump the local cheer leader for a few months.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The good news, if you see this guy you won't need to do any of the restoration work yourself, just park it up and come back every morning to see the progress, and as a bonus you get to hump the local cheer leader for a few months.

Haha I don't know who that guy is. I imagine I would have this car running for quite a while since this will be another learning as I go type of thing.

Haha I don't know who that guy is. I imagine I would have this car running for quite a while since this will be another learning as I go type of thing.

This is the guy that sold Christine to Dennis. In the film he is the brother of the dead previous owner. In the film he strongly intimates that it was the car that killed his brother.

My motto is, if it's for free, it's for me! Can't go wrong with that number, congrats AND a bonus a piece of family history

My motto is, if it's for free, it's for me! Can't go wrong with that number, congrats AND a bonus a piece of family history

Very true! Between finishing up the Diablo and getting started on this one, I'm definitely not going to be bored this spring to fall! I do know that one of my dad's sisters also had an early Mustang back when they were new but that was up in Cincinnati and I don't think it was this car. Will make for an interesting story either way. And thanks!

If you spot this bloke at any point during the collection process be very careful.

christine_se_shot4l.jpg

"YERR MOUTH SURE DO LOOK PRETTY"

If the engine and chassis match then I'd personally do a resto. In 2016 it will hit 50 years old.

I would probably agree. Parts are pretty cheap actually either way. I'm doubting it is numbers matching because it was at a school shop though but who knows. Anxious to check it out just so I will know all these details and see the condition.

Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?

V. cool story!

Haha! Thanks!

Even though this is a fastback, can any of the photoshoppers change the white to a Verde Ithaca and the red pinstripe to a gray. Remove the stripes on the side and make the barely visible seats black.

And then another version but with Verde scandal?

And a third with blue Ely but leave the red pin stripe (still remove on the side).

That would be awesome.

post-3902-1392332250.jpg

Haha! Thanks!

Even though this is a fastback, can any of the photoshoppers change the white to a Verde Ithaca and the red pinstripe to a gray. Remove the stripes on the side and make the barely visible seats black.

And then another version but with Verde scandal?

And a third with blue Ely but leave the red pin stripe (still remove on the side).

That would be awesome.

post-3902-1392332250.jpg

pretty rough photoshop job but you get the idea

post-11539-1392984805.jpg

Thanks Nathan! Supposed to get it this weekend finally. Between working on the Diablo and finally picking this up, it should be a busy weekend.

I saw a Light Blue Metallic one driving down the street by my hotel, with Wide rear wheels/tires, and a big v8 with mods.

Looked and Sounded great.

Maybe put an 03/04 Cobra motor in it?

I saw a Light Blue Metallic one driving down the street by my hotel, with Wide rear wheels/tires, and a big v8 with mods.

Looked and Sounded great.

Maybe put an 03/04 Cobra motor in it?

I am now thinking of going with something a little more nostalgic like a 347 or 363 ford stroker motor. Just not sure whether to stick with carbs or do EFI. I just kinda of need to make a decision before doing the front suspension because the suspension chosen can affect the block placement and height which will affect the trans and driveshaft angles from what ive seen. But I think i have quite a while lol. Hope to have some pics on here by sunday night!

I think to run the really wide rear tires requires a lot of other mods in the rear so im not sure that will happen or maybe something later on.

I am now thinking of going with something a little more nostalgic like a 347 or 363 ford stroker motor. Just not sure whether to stick with carbs or do EFI. I just kinda of need to make a decision before doing the front suspension because the suspension chosen can affect the block placement and height which will affect the trans and driveshaft angles from what ive seen. But I think i have quite a while lol. Hope to have some pics on here by sunday night!

I think to run the really wide rear tires requires a lot of other mods in the rear so im not sure that will happen or maybe something later on.

If you're going older motor, definitely go with EFI. It so much more consistent and reliable. It will start when you want it to and you don't have to worry about the Air/fuel mix changing everytime the weather changes, or if you decide to drive somewhere that the altitude difference is significant.

Carbed is definitely more nostalgic but honestly, EFI is your best bet all around, if you don't want to have to fcuk around with it regularly.

Yeah, i'm sure that would be the easiest but it seems like they sell a lot of turnkey carbed stroker motors. I think that is fairly easy to swap from if I did change my mind. I will definitely research that better before I decide. Thanks for the advice.

Either the 5.0 Coyote or 4.6 Cobra motors would be great in there. As cool as carbs are, the EFI stuff just fcuking works.

Newer EFI motor, vintageair, and some good suspension/brakes will make this a great driver.

Either the 5.0 Coyote or 4.6 Cobra motors would be great in there. As cool as carbs are, the EFI stuff just fcuking works.

Newer EFI motor, vintageair, and some good suspension/brakes will make this a great driver.

Gonna say +1 on the coyote, all the power you need and the perfect sound!!!

Might be another weekend now...my dad called this sheriff to arrange picking up the car and the sheriff brings up some issue about the guy wanting to be compensated for a used hood he bought for the car, which even a brand new one is like $150. So that semed kinda fishy. We were under the impression that everything was already worked out so we are checking back with my aunt and uncle to see what the deal is. Dnt want to drive out there and find any other surprises. I told my dad to tell him to just keep the hood lol. Going to get replaced anyways. WHO KNOWS!

Might be another weekend now...my dad called this sheriff to arrange picking up the car and the sheriff brings up some issue about the guy wanting to be compensated for a used hood he bought for the car, which even a brand new one is like $150. So that semed kinda fishy. We were under the impression that everything was already worked out so we are checking back with my aunt and uncle to see what the deal is. Dnt want to drive out there and find any other surprises. I told my dad to tell him to just keep the hood lol. Going to get replaced anyways. WHO KNOWS!

I'd ask Mr. Sheriff for Mr. Mustang's phone number and cut Mr. Sheriff out. There's too much triangulation going on. Something is fishy. Mr. Sheriff seems to have an interest in this deal. Why does he not give you Mr. Mustang's phone number and step back? Why does everything have to go through him?

It would be really cool to get and old car like that, but someone in this deal is dragging their feet or not telling the whole story. Something is fishy. Are you sure this is not some scam?

No scam. My aunt and uncle's lawyer has been handling on their end. I think that guy is at death's door so the sheriff has been doing it on his behalf but to be honest, i'm not sure what the whole deal is. If it doesn't happen, it's no biggie but that would suck after I already told some people about it!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picked the car up....

Definitely needs some work lol. I was thinking it wasnt so bad when i went to take a pic of the interior and realized i could see the garage floor through the floor lol. Going to start taking all the interior and other trash parts off on Sunday and take them to the dump. It is a 289 V8 4 speed i believe. That whole hassle the guy made about the hood and it wasnt even fully attached to the car haha. And it was bent. Anywho here are some pics i snapped tonight. The rear looks in better shape than the front, panel wise. Definitely some places where it has rusted through.

post-3902-1394755046_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1394755079_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1394755106_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1394755132_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1394755156_thumb.jpg