Quite a P1 review by Chris Harris

capt_chaos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible incredible car. Great review.

It will be interesting to see what the ThethetheFerrari will do, if we ever even see reviews/lap times for it (didnt Ferrari not let the F50 be reviewed too?), but that P1 will be seriously hard to best.

In terms of performance, I really don't think Koenigsegg should be discounted because of the size of the company and the low production numbers. Obviously they are in a different league in terms of exclusivity and have nowhere near the experience and resources McLaren/Ferrari/Porsche do, but I don't think that reason alone is enough to simply not consider them. We already know the Agera R will outrun every current hypercar in a straight line and being that it weighs 60kg less than the P1 it would probably fare pretty well on a track too. I don't think it would win in a lap of Yas Marina simply because the P1 can corner at 2g while the Agera "only" manages 1.6g, but considering the One:1 will have the same 600kg downforce, the same 2g cornering grip, will brake faster, but have a curb weight of only 1340kg and make 440hp more than the P1, that thing could even blow the P1 out of the water if the driver is good enough. Not that it matters as we will probably never see them race, and they're not really competitors as there will only be 6 One:1s versus 400 (?) P1s, and both cars don't have speed as their only selling point, but still I don't think performance wise Koenigsegg should be discounted.

It will be interesting to see what the ThethetheFerrari will do, if we ever even see reviews/lap times for it (didnt Ferrari not let the F50 be reviewed too?), but that P1 will be seriously hard to best.

I think Ferrari will lose a lot of credibility if they don't allow their car to be reviewed or tested. Porsche and McLaren have stepped up.

Poetry in motion. must feel absolutely incredible, full power, sideways with pinpoint chassis control. this is the game changer. no koeniggsegg will ever get close to this level of control on road tires.

Incredible incredible car. Great review.

In terms of performance, I really don't think Koenigsegg should be discounted because of the size of the company and the low production numbers. Obviously they are in a different league in terms of exclusivity and have nowhere near the experience and resources McLaren/Ferrari/Porsche do, but I don't think that reason alone is enough to simply not consider them. We already know the Agera R will outrun every current hypercar in a straight line and being that it weighs 60kg less than the P1 it would probably fare pretty well on a track too. I don't think it would win in a lap of Yas Marina simply because the P1 can corner at 2g while the Agera "only" manages 1.6g, but considering the One:1 will have the same 600kg downforce, the same 2g cornering grip, will brake faster, but have a curb weight of only 1340kg and make 440hp more than the P1, that thing could even blow the P1 out of the water if the driver is good enough. Not that it matters as we will probably never see them race, and they're not really competitors as there will only be 6 One:1s versus 400 (?) P1s, and both cars don't have speed as their only selling point, but still I don't think performance wise Koenigsegg should be discounted.

The fact that the Koens are no where near street legal in the USA means that they dont exist as a real car to me. Being street legal means more than just being able to get it on the street through some technicality, exception, or loop hole. Safety is a big deal to people and even more so in a car that is insanely fast and extra light. Also the size and backing of the company means a lot to most people spending 7 figures on a car. Achieving what Mclaren has in terms of performance is a much bigger deal than what Koen has done IMO.

The fact that the Koens are no where near street legal in the USA means that they dont exist as a real car to me. Being street legal means more than just being able to get it on the street through some technicality, exception, or loop hole. Safety is a big deal to people and even more so in a car that is insanely fast and extra light. Also the size and backing of the company means a lot to most people spending 7 figures on a car. Achieving what Mclaren has in terms of performance is a much bigger deal than what Koen has done IMO.

I understand that, which is why I was talking solely about performance and mentioned that they weren't even competitors to McLaren.

And FWIW, Koenigsegg's are arguably the strongest and safest cars made, they had to crash test them in the EU and they passed easily. Their monocoques are some of (if not the) strongest in the world. And the only reason some of them aren't street legal in the US is because of the Smart Airbag technology for the passenger seats (same reason Pagani couldn't get the Zonda in and had to invest so much to get the Huayra in, although the airbags in the car work perfectly fine).Their cars can pass Smog even in CA though, they are far from being "nowhere near street legal" in the US. In fact they are only one tiny regulation away from being street legal, while meanwhile someone built a batmobile in Florida and can drive that thing around legally.

There are only two hypercars I'd ever consider, that's the Veyron and the P1 (with a Kreissieg) I would definitely have a P1 right now if they were RHD, the car was cheap for what it is, I can not believe they've only made them LHD :eusa_wall:

I really like the P1, but there isn't anything about it that makes my heart melt like it does with the LaFer, Sesto, Veneno, Zonda etc.

There are only two hypercars I'd ever consider, that's the Veyron and the P1 (with a Kreissieg) I would definitely have a P1 right now if they were RHD, the car was cheap for what it is, I can not believe they've only made them LHD :eusa_wall:

They didn't want to encourage driving on the wrong side of the road.

I didn't know they didnt make any RHD...that seems weird...seems like there'd be at least a dozen cars sold in the UK or Australia.

:iamwithstupid: its giving my friend a really hard time here...he is probably going to end up buying a P1 and shipping it to Shanghai or Europe so he can use it a couple times a year when he is there...SUCKS!! otherwise he would have another option to trade in his 12c spider for the new 650S.

Just wow. I want.

:iamwithstupid:

Nice video, very informative and interesting to watch. Love the P1, hope to drive 1 someday!

:iamwithstupid:

Being street legal means more than just being able to get it on the street through some technicality, exception, or loop hole. Safety is a big deal to people and even more so in a car that is insanely fast and extra light. Also the size and backing of the company means a lot to most people spending 7 figures on a car.

Very wise words and I agree 100%

I wouldn't want to feel unsafe in ANY car.

Clarkson or Chris Harris need to experience a full blown TT Gallardo

Why? :lol2:

The Gallardo and the P1 isn't in the same league, hell, it is not even the same fcuking sport.. (yeah, I Pulped it!)

Why? :lol2:

The Gallardo and the P1 isn't in the same league, hell, it is not even the same fcuking sport.. (yeah, I Pulped it!)

Completely agree.

A tin of beans with a half a kilo of super hot sauce added does not add up to a Michelin star meal imo.