McLaren 650S

asscelerator

Ok, enough of the P1 ;)

Onto something a bit more approachable.

"McLaren Automotive will reveal at the 84th International Geneva Motor Show the latest addition to its range of groundbreaking supercars - the McLaren 650S.

Designed and developed to offer the enthusiast driver the ultimate in luxury, engagement and excitement, as well as dramatic yet beautiful styling, the McLaren 650S is the result of 50 years of competing, and winning, at the highest levels of motorsport. It takes learnings from both the 12C as well as the sell-out McLaren P1™ and will be positioned between the two on McLaren Automotive’s supercar grid.

More details of the McLaren 650S will be announced in the run-up to the car’s global reveal which will take place on Stand 1240, Hall 1 at 12.00CET (11.00GMT), Tuesday 4 March 2014 in Geneva."

http://media.mclarenautomotive.com/release/239/

post-5661-1392215876_thumb.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This the 911turbo competitor?

Say what? A model between the MP4 and the P1 is more than a 911 competitor, no?

Sounds more like a "lets crush everything below the few hypercars out there" modell, but 650 doesn't sound good enough for that IF it's in fact the actual HP figure :eusa_think:

Damn you Bruce Wayne, let me know now before I buy a Mac!!

Actually it looks like the revised mp4.

It's not the revised 12C. The 12C remains in the lineup. Supposedly a revised 12C will come at the end of the year. Might be on the same level as a Scuderia/Speciale/Superleggera?

It's not the revised 12C. The 12C remains in the lineup. Supposedly a revised 12C will come at the end of the year. Might be on the same level as a Scuderia/Speciale/Superleggera?

Some reports suggest a gt like an f12

I agree, the word "luxury" in the press release made me instantly think that

Some reports suggest a gt like an f12

I also heard it was a racier version of the 12c (like a scud, challenge, super trofeo etc)

cant wait to see it!

I also heard it was a racier version of the 12c (like a scud, challenge, super trofeo etc)

cant wait to see it!

I guess we'll know at the Geneva autoshow once peloton breaks the news to us.

Pretty sure this is the revised 12C, and they will reveal a lower model later. I heard that this will replace all 12C's, and then after that comes the entry level.

Looking forward to seeing it, the word luxury shouldn't be used in describing a sports car but it's followed by dramatic styling so I am excited.

Looking forward to seeing it, the word luxury shouldn't be used in describing a sports car but it's followed by dramatic styling so I am excited.

I have a feeling YOU especially will be let down with the styling.

One can only hope!

Have you seen it already?

No I have not. Given their design history and your penchant for design I'm putting my money on the safe bet.

No I have not. Given their design history and your penchant for design I'm putting my money on the safe bet.

I think you are right but I like the P1, except the sound which is extremely boring , I am actually looking forward to see what they will come up with, I am hoping for a GT 3 radical styling, I think they've heard enough about their bland styling, clinical, unemotional drive, I can only hope they've taken that onboard, let's see.

Any new model from any of the majors is exciting even if what has come before isn't to everyone's taste. Looking forward to seeing this...

That is definitely the worst decision Mac has made

The owner paid 7 million dollars for a one off version of a 12c. 6.5+ million profit on one car sounds like a great decision to me.