Ray(Peak Completions) is flying with the angels

FEVIPER

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good JuJu on his family. I met Ray several years ago at Bradenton right after he and Gary Javo picked up his orange Gallardo from Oklahoma and drove straight through to FL for the Viper Shootout. He treated me like an old friend that weekend and was a gracious host around his rig.

RIP Ray.

Was there for this as well Bobby.

Ray was a gentlemen and class act all the way around.

Heartfelt condolences for all of his family and friends. He will be missed.

RIP

Below are two web pages I put together a few years ago for the Heffner shop web site.

Of course, its just one moment in the mans life but it sure speaks volumes about who he was...

http://heffnersperformance.com/april_2010_update.htm

And another page...

http://heffnersperformance.com/ray_hofman_...r_performan.htm

Rest in peace sir.

post-15031-1392821433_thumb.jpg

RIP buddy! Alex notified me last night and it was confirmed to me by his wife and friends about his passing. I always chat with him and did so yesterday. I cant believe just like that and he's gone. Ray was a customer that quickly became a friend, always giving me great advise on business and even family. Ray was a giver, not a taker. Ray always went out of his way for his friends and I'm sure people he hardly knew. He once gave me and some friends a ride to Miami in his jet from Charlotte when he came up to hang out. Even though he was going the other way at the end of that day to get home to his family, he insisted I fly in his jet rather than US Air and wouldn't take no for an answer. Nothing but great things I can say about Ray. I feel so bad for the family he left behind including his young son who he was crazy about! He will be missed!

From my Luxury 4 Play thread...

Info from "MX304"

Single seat airplane. Stewart Dawson was flying chase in another aircraft. That airplane was owned by Howard Pardue for many, many years until Howard was killed in his Bearcat a couple of years ago. It was meticulously maintained by Nelson Ezell's shop which is one of, if not the, warbird restoration and maintenance facilities in the US. I had spoken with Howard's daughter just a few days ago and while sad to see her Dad's airplane leave the family after so many years, she knew Ray would be a great person to carry on with it. My heart goes out to the Pardue family, Nelson and his crew and Stu. They must be absolutely gutted.

so am i to understand that Howard guy was killed in his bearcat which was maintained by this nelson guy and now Ray's plane also crashed? sounds like these single old school planes are not safe.

very sad day :(

I cant believe this.. me and rb were just talking about this topic last night. how you need to enjoy every second of life because you just never know when it will be the last day. this gave me the chills.

he helped me out tremendously when I bought my CGT and gave me some great advice. one of those great LP role models.

so sad :( my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.. RIP

What a terrible way to start off my day. I didn't know Ray but heard all sorts of good things about him. So incredibly sad. My condolences to the family and may he rest in peace.

Horrible news. I can't help but to tear up when I see photos of him with his boys. Even though I didn't know him personally, you can tell he was just a regular guy who loved life, his family, and his toys. Condolences to his family and friends.

LP lost another great. RIP