Countach "for sale"

rhyno

RichardK and I have done some research and digging on the blue 1988 Countach in Calgary thats for sale. It's listed for sale by Gabor auto for $115,000.

Yes it is a repaint, the original color was white. I believe it was painted blue back in 2004 when it was in an accident. Also the EGR system has been removed

so it will not pass emission testing. The really big issue is that the car has a lien on it and it's NOT from the current owner. The lien was from the previous

owner and somehow the title changed hands, this technically can't happen but it did. A car in Canada cannot be sold if it has an outstanding lien. I just

wanted you guys to know this so if somebody did purchase this car they would not find out later that it has a lien on it and they owe Revenue Canada $75,000.

Somebody could lose lots of money pretty easy!!!!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary...-auto/561666253

That poor Countach...it will never find an owner that will take care of him! At least not anytime soon...

So if anyone wants that car....they would pay $75K to pay lien off then $115K to buy the car....wouldn't $190K still a steal for a COUNTACH!?

Bring it to Evans Auto, have it inspected and rebuilt and repaint....this car has potential to be a gem again, wouldn't it?!

Unless it's a keeper, I would say move on. It already has a "colourful" history. And who knows what the bill will be by the time Evans corrected everything. It will be "right" by then by the history cannot be erased. When it's time to sell, the ugly history will resurface and be used against the seller. Factoring in all the $$$ and trouble, why not just find a better car based on the same expenditure.

Great info. rhyno, thank you.

Ryno, any idea how Rev Can is the lean holder? Was it a corporate car or part of an estate seizure?

I'm new to understanding liens so I had my lawyer check it out. The old owner had three vehicles in a company name and they all have liens from Revenue Canada. My best guess is the guy owes back tax. The new owner that is holding the title is really screwed right now, as soon as the lien is payed off then the car could be sold. I still think something is fishy with this car because it should have never been able to trade hands with the new owner. I wonder if the car is really titled in the new owners name?

That is a bummer. If there is a lien on it why has the holder not contested the sale or attempted to seize the car?

Good question. I wonder if Rev Can gives you X amount of time before they seize the assets!

That poor Countach...it will never find an owner that will take care of him! At least not anytime soon...

So if anyone wants that car....they would pay $75K to pay lien off then $115K to buy the car....wouldn't $190K still a steal for a COUNTACH!?

Bring it to Evans Auto, have it inspected and rebuilt and repaint....this car has potential to be a gem again, wouldn't it?!

I don't think it makes financial sense to pay 115,000 for the car, 75,000 for the lien and then fix whatever is wrong with it. You will be upside down with this one and who knows how long until it's worth $250,000!!! I think it's a better idea to wait for something with less issues.

Yes I agree, not sure how it could have been re-registered. The new owner will have a nightmare to deal with, dealing with Revenue Canada is not the easiest, and 200k for a Countach with a spotted history is a bit steep. Beautiful car in the pics tho....funny there are no interior, or engine pics on Kijiji (granted, buying a 100k+ supercar off Kijiji is a bit iffy as well)

I would bet the car has not been registered with the seller as in Alberta you can drive it with just a dealer plate. The next person to register it will be the one that gets stuck with the lien. The interior of the car is really nice and overall a nice car though we did not start it as it was to cold. We figured it was worth around 100k as is and the seller said he turned down a 95k offer.

I would bet the car has not been registered with the seller as in Alberta you can drive it with just a dealer plate. The next person to register it will be the one that gets stuck with the lien. The interior of the car is really nice and overall a nice car though we did not start it as it was to cold. We figured it was worth around 100k as is and the seller said he turned down a 95k offer.

counrash_043.jpg

counrash_037.jpg