Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

jumbo jet carrying 239 people. plane departed Malaysia at 12:40 AM en route to Beijing. Contact has been lost, and a search and rescue team has been called upon.....

say prayers

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours past landing schedule, no reports of it landing anywhere else either, no reports of it being seen anywhere and no one has reported anything on the MAS emergency line. Looks bad, really bad!

Shit that's not good. One of my biggest fears is going down in a plane. If it's as tragic as we all are assuming it is-may they all RIP

Yikes...little history...

In 2006, Malaysian Airlines had an issue on one of their 777 flights, MH124, with the Air Data Inertial Reference Unit and two faulty accelerometers. The ADIRU is the module that supplies acceleration figures to the central flight computer...basically what happened is bad data from the two faulty accelerometers caused the aircrafts autopilot to pitch upward and climb 3000 feet, coming close to the stall speed. The pilots saved the day, fought off autopilot, and brought the aircraft back to its point of origin in Perth Australia.

Shit that's not good. One of my biggest fears is going down in a plane. If it's as tragic as we all are assuming it is-may they all RIP

Likewise, I hate flying...

And have to fly next week...

This news is so damn sad...

I have to drink myself into a near coma each time I fly. I can't imagine a worse way to go.

Rest in peace

I'm the opposite. I love flying and can't imagine a better way to go. I told my wife all the time the best way for me to die in on a plane. She is getting my life insurance, the AMEX pay out since I always booked flights on my corporate card, the life insurance my company has on me AND the settlement for whatever hack job installed the wrong bolt or forged the maintenance record. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ If I have to go early put my on a commercial flight please!

In all seriousness we know it is WAY safer then driving but at least driving gives you the impression that you are in control.

Thoughts and prayers to those on board as well as their families. It sure doesn't look promising. :(

I'm the opposite. I love flying

I'm the same, I love planes and flying.

Not in the least bit worried. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go.

I haven't been following this Malaysia Airlines thing other than on here but based on the posts, it doesn't look good. Thoughts are with the passengers and crew.

Apparently the Vietnamese Navy has confirmed the plane crashed into the ocean.

Passengers were from:

1. China - 152 plus 1 infant

2. Malaysia - 38

3. Indonesia - 12

4. Australia - 7

5. France - 3

6. United States of America - 3 pax plus 1 infant

7. New Zealand - 2

8. Ukraine - 2

9. Canada - 2

10. Russia - 1

11. Italy - 1

12. Taiwan - 1

13. Netherlands - 1

14. Austria - 1

It must have been something really catastrophic that brought down a plane with the technology of a 777. Seems like the recovery process of the black boxes will be very similar to the Air France incident.

Speechless.

i think of these accidents whenever i ride the plane and it scares the shit out of me that it may be my last one. i often end up watching natgeo's air crash investigation. while i know it won't help with the phobia, i find it very interesting. RIP to those that perished. but hopefully there will be survivors to tell the tale.

I hate to fly also. But I know it's a must. Most crashes happen on take off and landing. It's rare that they fall out of the sky while cruising at altitude. I settle down once we are cruising.

Luckily this is a rare occurrence. I'm surprised at how many people on here are afraid of/dislike flying.