New Flagship for McLaren - P15

Blacksun

McLaren are doing a lot of work with Ricardo. The powertrain is designed by them and the engine blocks built by them. The one thing that is desperately right with Macca is the power.

You mean Nissan? I Kidd. But I hear Nisssan had a lot to do with it.

I think they would sell out for years and years if they'd make another car a center seated driving position!

:iamwithstupid:

I think they would sell out for years and years if they'd make another car a center seated driving position!

I brought this up a couple years ago when the P1 was in very early development. Peloton said they tried but modern crash regs made it impossible if I remember correctly. Still curious as to why.

I brought this up a couple years ago when the P1 was in very early development. Peloton said they tried but modern crash regs made it impossible if I remember correctly. Still curious as to why.

It is possible with current day crash regulations, but the car would have been far wider and bigger to have this layout. That was not a parameter that McLaren wanted to give up. Compactness has always been an important design criteria for McLaren

You mean Nissan? �� I Kidd. But I hear Nisssan had a lot to do with it.

The general design of the engine was born from Nissan's racing engine, but Ricardo and McLaren completely reworked it. As far as I know, only some general dimensions stay the same.

You mean Nissan? �� I Kidd. But I hear Nisssan had a lot to do with it.

The general design of the engine was born from Nissan's racing engine, but Ricardo and McLaren completely reworked it. As far as I know, only some general dimensions stay the same.

Two things, Ricardo again had a hand in that Nissan engine and the actual McLaren blocks are constructed down the road from me in Shoreham and then crated up to Woking. I did actually think about applying for the production process manager role there.

I think it will be interesting to see when Ricardo feels it is time for direct injection (or even VGT). I know they did a lot of trade studies prior to finalizing the M838T, but we'll see

It is possible with current day crash regulations, but the car would have been far wider and bigger to have this layout. That was not a parameter that McLaren wanted to give up. Compactness has always been an important design criteria for McLaren

I think it will be interesting to see when Ricardo feels it is time for direct injection (or even VGT). I know they did a lot of trade studies prior to finalizing the M838T, but we'll see

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...8910&st=100