Worst Modern Car You've Driven

Tara

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people buy PT cruisers?!! Why?!!! They are the penultimate piece of shit.

But the Prius...oh lord...I drove a friends second generation one and it was just despicable. The steering was super light (+ zero feel) but had like 15 degrees of play to either side so nothing would happen until you hit that point and then it would jerk to the side. The interior was made of styrofoam and felt cramped. And I've never experiened another car where you had to completely floor it at any sort of merging/on ramp situation just to get up to speed. And they don't even get 70mpg, they get like 45. And their batteries go after 5-10 years which is a 6k repair bill. And the amount of pedestrian/bicyclist collisions they're involved in is double the usual rate because theyre too quiet. And their batteries are the most environmentally terrible things ever. Just buy a Jetta TDI.

As the title says, What is the worst modern car you have driven? For this we will say from year 2000-now.

I'd have to go with the Smart car and 2014 Ford Mustang V6.

Smart Car had THE worst auto transmission ever.

The Mustang was all over the road. I rented it while in Florida for a day so I was on mostly flat straight roads and the front would just drift around. I'd be scared to drive it on windy roads. Maybe because it was just a V6 the suspension was softer? I don't know but it was horrible.

Congratulations.... BEST THREAD EVER!

Anything with a viper in its title. Absolutely horrible driving position for a 6ft 200pd male! I have never had my ass kicked driving a car before and this sure did it!

Oh add in Lotus Exige! OMG pain!

Anything with a viper in its title. Absolutely horrible driving position for a 6ft 200pd male! I have never had my ass kicked driving a car before and this sure did it!

Oh add in Lotus Exige! OMG pain!

Really? I'm 6'3" and 215lb, with the seat lowering kit my viper gts was super comfortable. Best damn seats ever.

Pontiac AZTEC. Never drove one, but wanted to kill it with fire just seeing it.

Ugliest car ever made

TDI Jetta will kick the ever living shit out of a prius on a commute like that. Better MPG, a fcuk ton more fun to drive, and you don't have to shake the feeling of being a prius driver. Plus the thing will run for half a million miles if you want to keep it that long. Super cars if you're going to rack up the miles.

I have to add the new camaro to the list. For nearly $45k I was not psyched on that car what so ever (decently loaded SS). Stupid blue interior lights and it just feels heavy.

My buddy just bought a used Jetta TDI. 2 years old with 100k miles for like 10k. Loaded with every option and the MT is a blast. He is getting 40+ and beating on the car like it is his S2000.

2005 Maserati Quattroporte. That transmission is the worst thing ever put in a car

I'll take your word for it but since I have experienced the Smartcar I will stick to my previous statement of worst auto transmission ever. Its shifts are so delayed it is shocking it ever left the factory. Then again it's a Smart car lol

Congratulations.... BEST THREAD EVER!

Not sure if serious or sarcasm :lol2:

Seems to be that the PT Cruiser is the biggest pile of them all!

Rented a Yaris in St Maarten.. Holy Hell.. i should have bought a donkey to get

around on. At least when it was done embarrassing me i could have punched it in the face!

i should have bought a donkey to get around on. At least when it was done embarrassing me i could have punched it in the face!

I'm not sure that's the proper way to execute a donkey punch but if it works for ya, then have at it.

Really? I'm 6'3" and 215lb, with the seat lowering kit my viper gts was super comfortable. Best damn seats ever.

6'0 225 lbs and I agree.. my viper gts was pretty comfortable

I'm not sure that's the proper way to execute a donkey punch but if it works for ya, then have at it.

Just busted out laughing here at Applebee's. Thank you very much sir!

I have to agree on Prius, and Mas QP. The mas was an 08 didn't believe my friend who said the transmission pissed him off to know end, then I drove it. My 03 Plastic mess-06, granted perf wise was great, uncomfortable as fcuk.

wrangler, exactly, I couldn't keep the damn thing straight, super slow, and super cheap all over, inside and out...

Which Jeep? Wrangler or Grand Cherokee? Last wrangler i drove floated all over the road and had zero power

2007 Mitsibishi Lancer - Considering that the EVO is so awesome, I can't believe the base Lancer is such a terrible car.

Agree and same re: Subaru. The rental Subaru Legacy (basically a rebadged Corolla, I guess) I had in Cali last summer was brutal. It just didn't want to do anything. Hard to believe the same company produces world class rally cars.

wrangler, exactly, I couldn't keep the damn thing straight, super slow, and super cheap all over, inside and out...

To be fair at least the jeep is really good at various things. The v6 isn't too slow, you have to slam the doors, hut they are waterproof, etc. It's like a little H1, quantify it for what it is and they really aren't bad. Plus side is they are fcuking wifeproof, which is like two levels above bulletproof in my world.

Oh and the 918 is a fcuking shitbox, per Asscelerators first hand extensive experiences.