1988.5 Numbers

Roman

And you cant turn the blower off, how stupid. The few anniversaries I looked at had no better air distribution :( The one 88.5 I looked at years back had Chyrsler penstar etching on each piece of glass. I got a chuckle out of that

I don't believe factory documents any of the sideskirts. I have the previous owners info as well as George Evans looked at the car thoroughly.

Funny, I was looking over some pics of the 88.5 that I looked to buy a few years back. Attatched with the pics for JLA12349 (it was an 88.5) were some factory documents, the MSO and window sticker. The sticker specifically listed the "vented side skirts". I guess when your car was re-painted they must have removed the skirts. That is when they would have seen evidence of if the lower flare extensions were ever installed.

I dont think the a/c works any better in an 88.5 . Simply the controls are electronic.

i am with, personally i hate the A/C controls on later cars

so now we have the 88.5 cars (new A/C, wiring and skirts for all with the exception of may be old A/C on rhd cars).

i do not find strange the thing about RHD 88.5 not having new A/C...since for some UNKNOWN reasons UK cars and may be all RHD QVs and even anniversary still had the older BIG low wing while the rest of the world QVs and anni had the small wing on the high mounts...

what about the older skirted cars ? like Allan's ?

i am curious how many of those were factory made. it looks like they put some skirts before 1988 and there were at least 2, 3 kind of skirts.

Funny, I was looking over some pics of the 88.5 that I looked to buy a few years back. Attatched with the pics for JLA12349 (it was an 88.5) were some factory documents, the MSO and window sticker. The sticker specifically listed the "vented side skirts". I guess when your car was re-painted they must have removed the skirts. That is when they would have seen evidence of if the lower flare extensions were ever installed.

Not quite sure what you are talking about..

I compared the new & old systems side by side and definitely saw a difference. Granted the systems are old and it could have been more about the state of the systems than design, but the newer 88.5 system had much more air flow. Having the electronic "controls" I’m not sure I like them as much. There’s a temp sensor that’s prone to quirkiness, and the fan & temp buttons take a proper touch to scowl through without jumping. + I like the look of the mechanical controls better too. In CA I'll take better AC any day.

As with the diablo’s, it’s common for some to put in a manual compressor on/off switch.

I compared the new & old systems side by side and definitely saw a difference. Granted the systems are old and it could have been more about the state of the systems than design, but the newer 88.5 system had much more air flow. Having the electronic "controls" I’m not sure I like them as much. There’s a temp sensor that’s prone to quirkiness, and the fan & temp buttons take a proper touch to scowl through without jumping. + I like the look of the mechanical controls better too. In CA I'll take better AC any day.

As with the diablo’s, it’s common for some to put in a manual compressor on/off switch.

I dont think the control panel, makes an a.c system more efficient since the rest of the components are the same...My car blows just as cold as the 2 25th Anniversaries I looked at..

• 6 years later...
On 3/28/2014 at 5:31 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Not quite sure what you are talking about..

Allan Herbie has a kit car! lol. 

Allan, Balboni called my car "Bastardo!" How many can boast that?

41 minutes ago, 4xchamp said:

Allan Herbie has a kit car! lol. 

Allan, Balboni called my car "Bastardo!" How many can boast that?

Haha! 

13 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Haha! 

No Bull Allan. Bambino said "La Macchina e' Bastardo" 

Because La mia Macchina ha lasciato la fabbrica con un interno bianco e ora e' nera. Yes someone swapped out the white gut for a near perfect black one. I know the white ones never weathered well so it makes sense, but a nice white one sure is stunning.

I remember at one point, I think in the 90's  you could buy a nice Countach in the 40's. The person I bought mine from purchased it in 1992 for $32k. He showed me the car when he bought it. Had about 25,000 km and a couple of dings/scratches from storage. Also the left seat bolster was worn through. It was a good running car, just needed a little TLC. He had the car painted this hideous wine color. It came out ok, not show but very presentable. I acquired the car about 8 years ago +-? I think. 

I should paint the car back to white. I own a very competent collision shop but these projects clog up the operation. 

Wait!!

Let's split hairs on the side skirts Lol

Back then you could actually call the factory and get anything you wanted. It's no secret their records have voids.