aventador race

azmurciev12

well, i finally got an opportunity to gauge with the mighty aventador today. we ran 3 times from 60kph to about 210kph. in all instances the MP4 was ahead by about half a car or so. i gave the aventador the jump in all three races but the MP4 was able to reel it in and every time and by 4th gear the MP4 would be ahead of the aventador already. i will try to get the video up and we will do more runs, perhaps to about 250kph so the v12 can stretch its legs more and perhaps use its hp advantage.

the aventador always got the jump but the MP4 would reel it in every time the lambo would make a shift. i think it loses quite some time making all those shifts whereas the dual clutch tranny provides seamless power. i am not sure if true, but my friend is adamant that he paid extra for the 760hp option to be loaded to the car -he says like the china edition. i keep telling him it's probably the exhaust upgrade he is talking about but he says he saw the factory brochure and it clearly says 8% more power. anyway, it didn't help his cause. hahaha! but still a great car nonetheless.

UPDATE: after conferring with my friend, there is no such thing as the aventador china edition. he just made that up as a joke and what he got was the factory sound upgrade option which supposedly gives +8% more power.

well, i finally got an opportunity to gauge with the mighty aventador today. we ran 3 times from 60kph to about 210kph. in all instances the MP4 was ahead by about half a car or so. i gave the aventador the jump in all three races but the MP4 was able to reel it in and every time and by 4th gear the MP4 would be ahead of the aventador already. i will try to get the video up and we will do more runs, perhaps to about 250kph so the v12 can stretch its legs more and perhaps use its hp advantage.

the aventador always got the jump but the MP4 would reel it in every time the lambo would make a shift. i think it loses quite some time making all those shifts whereas the dual clutch tranny provides seamless power. i am not sure if true, but my friend is adamant that he paid extra for the 760hp option to be loaded to the car -he says like the china edition. i keep telling him it's probably the exhaust upgrade he is talking about but he says he saw the factory brochure and it clearly says 8% more power. anyway, it didn't help his cause. hahaha! but still a great car nonetheless.

UPDATE: after conferring with my friend, there is no such thing as the aventador china edition. he just made that up as a joke and what he got was the factory sound upgrade option which supposedly gives +8% more power.

The MP4 is FUGLY! The Aventador is beauty in motion. End of story

The Aventador exhaust update gives increased power/torque at lower rpm compared to stock, but its probably not going to make a difference at all in a roll on race where the rpms are always high.

The MP4 is FUGLY! The Aventador is beauty in motion. End of story

While I don't disagree with you, that statement is what Ferrari owners usually say when their cars don't deliver the goods. But really the Aventador is awesome looking and drives great. I was actually impressed by it.

These two cars are very different and appeal to different buyers, I don't care which one is faster or slower, I really don't, I always buy the one I enjoy the most because all modern sports cars are faster than they need to be and most customers can handle.

The fact that the McLaren is faster it only matters statistically, to me it has zero relevance, I'd feel exactly the same if the Lambo was faster, it would mean nothing to me.

These two cars are very different and appeal to different buyers, I don't care which one is faster or slower, I really don't, I always buy the one I enjoy the most because all modern sports cars are faster than they need to be and most customers can handle.

The fact that the McLaren is faster it only matters statistically, to me it has zero relevance, I'd feel exactly the same if the Lambo was faster, it would mean nothing to me.

yeah it doesnt really matter because the cars serve different purposes, but I am glad both cars are fast and I enjoy that aspect of them.

yeah it doesnt really matter because the cars serve different purposes, but I am glad both cars are fast and I enjoy that aspect of them.

I completely agree with you and Fortis. I just mention these things as a point of comparison between cars done by myself and close friends that own the vehicles. It's all in good fun. I'm really hoping to get a go against an f12. Unfortunately no one in my car group has one yet.

I completely agree with you and Fortis. I just mention these things as a point of comparison between cars done by myself and close friends that own the vehicles. It's all in good fun. I'm really hoping to get a go against an f12. Unfortunately no one in my car group has one yet.

Chris Harris said the FF was faster than the F12, look for a FF :icon_mrgreen:

That came with a caveat as the next phrase mentioned "in the wet" or something to that effect. Drove the FF and saw it run during our mile event - let's just say it was really slow compared to other cars and was disappointing as everyone was expecting more, at least from a straight line power perspective.

I was going to say just that, they are so different that if you could you'd have both, which is true in your case.

Cars are really amazing, cars and car manufacturers, everyone uses the same basic ingredients but they have such different "personalities" comparing them is quite pointless isn't it?

You can use metrics to come to some sort of conclusion but that's not what it's all about, a P car feels so different from a F or a L, RWD, AWD, Turbo, NA etc. there really is no right or wrong, it always comes down to what attracts you the most, what triggers those butterflies in your stomach!

That came with a caveat as the next phrase mentioned "in the wet" or something to that effect. Drove the FF and saw it run during our mile event - let's just say it was really slow compared to other cars and was disappointing as everyone was expecting more, at least from a straight line power perspective.

The FF is one ugly car but it's the only Ferrari I like :icon_mrgreen:

FF is actually suprisngly fast.. I saw one on youtube ran 175 in the mile, while an Aventador ran 181.... At the mile event I attended my SLR hit 179mph, Tonys Gallardo hit 159mph, and a heads/cam Plastic mess-06 did 173mph.. So 175 in a station wagon is damn fast.. The F12 is gonna lay the smack down..

FF is actually suprisngly fast.. I saw one on youtube ran 175 in the mile, while an Aventador ran 181.... At the mile event I attended my SLR hit 179mph, Tonys Gallardo hit 159mph, and a heads/cam Plastic mess-06 did 173mph.. So 175 in a station wagon is damn fast.. The F12 is gonna lay the smack down..

:iamwithstupid: Station wagon or not, the thing has as much power as an LP670

here is a video compilation of our runs. many botched runs with the aventador practicing, being in strada mode, a misshift while i had one run in the wrong gear - i tried to take off at 2nd gear to avoid wheelspin but that didn't work. after it's all said and done, the MP4 edges the aventador by a nose up to 240kph. but it seems that the conditions must be very consistent for the aventador to remain that close (e.g. take off at around 50km/h @5500rpm). if you do a rolling start from anything under 50km/h then the lead of the MP4 becomes substantial -which surprised us. hope fully in the future we can do a mile run and see how the 2 cars go to 300km/h. cheers.

close as expected with a slight edge to the 12C..... great video and comparison... the 650S is going to dust the aventador....

close as expected with a slight edge to the 12C..... great video and comparison... the 650S is going to dust the aventador....

:iamwithstupid:

The difference between strada and corsa was literally buslengths. I'm sure the Aventador's midlife facelift will go shoulder to shoulder with the 650S.

My question is, do Aventadors vary as much as the Murcielagos did in terms of power. We've had several Murcielago (LP640s and 6.2s) owners say that after 5k miles the car seemed to wake up. Allan says his new Murcielago feels quicker than his old one and we have had LP640's dyno anywhere from 460 awhp to 540 awhp (yes I know dynos vary but still).

I doubt it highly. The 650s has a huge jump in torque that the Aventador update isn't going to have. Transmission on the 650s is improved a lot over the 12C as well.

How do you know how much torque the updated Aventador will have?? :eusa_wall: I honestly believe there is something majorly wrong with you!

Why don't you get busy in the thread where you are claiming you test drove the 918??

but it seems that the conditions must be very consistent for the aventador to remain that close (e.g. take off at around 50km/h @5500rpm). if you do a rolling start from anything under 50km/h then the lead of the MP4 becomes substantial -which surprised us.

that will be the advantage of big low down torque, thanks to those turbos. i'll take the n/a v12 sound any day though.

How do you know how much torque the updated Aventador will have?? :eusa_wall: I honestly believe there is something majorly wrong with you!

Why don't you get busy in the thread where you are claiming you test drove the 918??

The clean sheet design of the Aventador's engine from the original Murcielago didn't even have that torque gain. Would you like to make a wager?

I don't think you actually understand the physics behind engine design. If you disagree, how about you PM me.

The clean sheet design of the Aventador's engine from the original Murcielago didn't even have that torque gain. Would you like to make a wager?

I don't think you actually understand the physics behind engine design. If you disagree, how about you PM me.

I do not care about the physics behind engine designs, I care about you making unfounded statements about something you know ZERO about!

How about the 918 thread?? Care to go there and share your "wisdom"?

incremental updates to the Aventador have to battle the 1000 pound weight difference over the 12C/650S, they just won't go as far and make a big difference...

if the 650C lives up to what McLaren expects, 139 MPH traps, it's going to be a beast and probably run in the 9's...

I doubt it highly. The 650s has a huge jump in torque that the Aventador update isn't going to have. Transmission on the 650s is improved a lot over the 12C as well.

The shift speeds for dual clutches are already basically 0 ms with no interruption of power or acceleration. They may have improved the transmission in terms of feel, so now it can be called the a 3d printer rather than a fax machine. The car that has more to gain from a reduction in shift speed is the aventador. If the aventador facelift is anything to the Lp700 that the Lp560 was to the original gallardo, or lp640 was to the murcielago, then the thing will be a beast. We are talking a 60 HP gain, improved tranny, better suspension, etc. In the case of the gallardo the car went from trapping 116-118 mph to mid 120s. The murcielago went from 118 to 120 mph trap speeds to mid to high 120s. In both cases the 0 to 200 times were cut by over a second. Again if those cars are any indication of what to expect from the aventador facelift then it will be no slouch.

aThe clean sheet design of the Aventador's engine from the original Murcielago didn't even hve that torque gain. Would you like to make a wager?

Respond to this thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...8910&st=100

I knew you would do this... see below (or you can go to the link above and see for yourself and respond):

post-24086-1396192202_thumb.jpg