Tony Robbins seminar

Camel Toe Juice

People are motivated by different things. A simple quote, a great seminar, fantastic book, recognition, birth of a child, close call with the grim reaper, you name it.

What works for one, may not have an affect on another.

Anything that brings out the best in a person and they can sustain that momentum is money, time , or effort well spent.

agree 110%, for me its TR :icon_super:

isnt he the guy that makes you think fat chicks are hot

It's funny I saw the commentary on the DVD recently and the director said he loved TR, a nice guy but felt the seminars were BS. :icon_mrgreen:

I wonder if he has a big bubble around him when he gets off stage between breaks or is approachable?

Camel Toe, was your experience anything like this?

http://www.rsdnation.com/node/239411

Was going to say 'too long, didn't read', but that was just too good. LOL'd hard at his breakdown of the day.

And so the music starts playing, and we start clapping, and Tony strides around the stage, thumping his chest and talking about resolve and commitment and passion and love. And although I am by nature a pretty skeptical person, I have to admit that I am feeling something -- something inside my soul, something that is telling me to make a decision NOW, to commit myself to a course of action NOW. And so I decide to skip the bonus speaker, and I put my body into an Exit State.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It's funny I saw the commentary on the DVD recently and the director said he loved TR, a nice guy but felt the seminars were BS. :icon_mrgreen: I wonder if he has a big bubble around him when he gets off stage between breaks or is approachable?

That may be the difference between a product to be sold and the real deal!

Was going to say 'too long, didn't read', but that was just too good. LOL'd hard at his breakdown of the day.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:lol2:

BTW, did nobody notice his plentiful use of in this writeup?

"Anthony Robbins ......"

:lol2:

• 2 years later...

Did a search and had to bump this thread.

After being a huge fan of TR since I was a teenager, my Wife surprised me and bought me a ticket to Unleash the Power Within for my birthday this year, which we just got back from attending (7/20-7/23).

There have been a lot of great replies in this thread. Yes it is true that this seminar is NOT for everyone. If you feel like your life is on the perfect trajectory, you may end up rolling your eyes during these 4 days thinking you already know better. But if you are feeling a little lost in any one or more areas of your life (health/fitness, relationships, finances, personal growth/impact, etc.), then I highly recommend attending. I didn't know exactly what to expect this weekend, but like Bill said, I too found it life-changing.

Yes there are a lot of smoke and mirrors, and yes a lot of it is a huge sales funnel (moving you from $150 audio books to $1000 seminars, to $10,000 2 week seminars, all the way up to a $75,000 platinum partnership (where you actually travel around the world with Tony and his team a few times a year). However in my opinion that was a very small part of the weekend and never once did I feel like Tony wasn't speaking from the heart. They do a great job of building camaraderie in an audience of 10,000 people (14,000 in this case, as it was the biggest event ever). It does feel like a huge nightclub at times as they wake the crowd up every hour or two with dancers, strobe lights, club music, etc. Stuff like high-fiving 10 strangers, massaging the shoulders of the person in front of you, looking into a strangers eyes, etc. will be strange to most people, but it jolts you out of your comfort zone and breaks boundaries for people. We didn't mind any of it as it all fed into the effect and keeps you smiling.

The biggest take-away we got from it is perspective. Tony Robbins does a great job of explaining that 99% of happiness in life does not revolve around what most people think it does. It revolves around gratitude and being able to appreciate how far you've come, being able to count your blessings, etc. He talks about the fact that most people are upset in their lives have a poor perception of exactly "why" they are upset, and because of that; they build up self-imposed barriers (limiting beliefs) on what they can do to break out of it. There were also great sections on health and wellness (how many people abuse their bodies not realizing that they should make that priority one), unbelievable success stories from people who have truly defied the odds, etc. Overall their were 14,000 people in the sold-out Prudential Center this weekend, and it felt like everyone there was looking for "something". And while many will never understand it or may not benefit from it, some of the most successful people in the world (from billionaires to celebrities to actual royalty) have taken this training and now endorse it.

Again, not for everyone...but we had a blast. It was hugely enlightening for us, and I am very thankful we went.

Very True Lightning!

I attended a 4 hour session in San Francisco last year with Tony, there were only about 100 people in the room and I can never forget this one guy in front of me texting when Tony was blasting music and getting people up to dance and clap. He walked right over to him, maybe 5 feet away and said "put that F'ing phone away!"

I thought it was great, then we got a 5 minute 1 one on one and a photo with Tony. But yes, its intense and definitely had some people feel very uncomfortable with the 'jolts outside your comfort zone' exercises.

• 3 weeks later...
Did a search and had to bump this thread.

After being a huge fan of TR since I was a teenager, my Wife surprised me and bought me a ticket to Unleash the Power Within for my birthday this year, which we just got back from attending (7/20-7/23).

There have been a lot of great replies in this thread. Yes it is true that this seminar is NOT for everyone. If you feel like your life is on the perfect trajectory, you may end up rolling your eyes during these 4 days thinking you already know better. But if you are feeling a little lost in any one or more areas of your life (health/fitness, relationships, finances, personal growth/impact, etc.), then I highly recommend attending. I didn't know exactly what to expect this weekend, but like Bill said, I too found it life-changing.

Yes there are a lot of smoke and mirrors, and yes a lot of it is a huge sales funnel (moving you from $150 audio books to $1000 seminars, to $10,000 2 week seminars, all the way up to a $75,000 platinum partnership (where you actually travel around the world with Tony and his team a few times a year). However in my opinion that was a very small part of the weekend and never once did I feel like Tony wasn't speaking from the heart. They do a great job of building camaraderie in an audience of 10,000 people (14,000 in this case, as it was the biggest event ever). It does feel like a huge nightclub at times as they wake the crowd up every hour or two with dancers, strobe lights, club music, etc. Stuff like high-fiving 10 strangers, massaging the shoulders of the person in front of you, looking into a strangers eyes, etc. will be strange to most people, but it jolts you out of your comfort zone and breaks boundaries for people. We didn't mind any of it as it all fed into the effect and keeps you smiling.

The biggest take-away we got from it is perspective. Tony Robbins does a great job of explaining that 99% of happiness in life does not revolve around what most people think it does. It revolves around gratitude and being able to appreciate how far you've come, being able to count your blessings, etc. He talks about the fact that most people are upset in their lives have a poor perception of exactly "why" they are upset, and because of that; they build up self-imposed barriers (limiting beliefs) on what they can do to break out of it. There were also great sections on health and wellness (how many people abuse their bodies not realizing that they should make that priority one), unbelievable success stories from people who have truly defied the odds, etc. Overall their were 14,000 people in the sold-out Prudential Center this weekend, and it felt like everyone there was looking for "something". And while many will never understand it or may not benefit from it, some of the most successful people in the world (from billionaires to celebrities to actual royalty) have taken this training and now endorse it.

Again, not for everyone...but we had a blast. It was hugely enlightening for us, and I am very thankful we went.

Save your money, learn mediaton and listen to Gary V, he says the same shit (for free) but in a few sentences. Hardest life/business lessons I learned on my own, this guy spit out in one of the first vids I saw of him. He suppasses TR on soo many levels and doesnt profit of it (for the most part)

Save your money, learn mediaton and listen to Gary V, he says the same shit (for free) but in a few sentences. Hardest life/business lessons I learned on my own, this guy spit out in one of the first vids I saw of him. He suppasses TR on soo many levels and doesnt profit of it (for the most part)

I've been listening to Gary V for a while and am a fan of his as well. Him and TR (despite the general "get off your ass" sentiment) have very different messages that they both deliver in very different ways. I agree with you that some of what Gary says regarding life/business lessons is similar, but I definitely don't feel as though he is a direct alternative to Tony.

TR's seminars are hard to explain if you haven't been there. I have a ton of friends who asked why we "wasted" money going to UPW, and nothing we could ever say to them would make them believe it was beneficial. But IMO it was worth much more than the ticket cost, so its okay to me if they don't understand. :)

Gary V spits 'its hard work, do it!' sort of thing, Tony Robbins is THE BEST in the world at figuring out what your issue is in under a minute, then pointing that out, then giving some confidence and motivation so you can listen to Gary V and not feel like a bitch.

I'm a huge fan of both and believe it or not they are both fans of each other!

I can relate better to Gary because hes in the trenches every day and works like a possessed freakin animal!

Tony is great for all around life lessons IMO. they are both excellent in different ways.