Lasik

HannibalACP82

My guy yesterday said most people will have starbursts or halos at night but that in most patients it goes away within three months.

I know he does both but only talked to me about Lasik.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Lasik with this guy in Houston http://www.manneye.com/mike-mann-md-facs/

I had maybe -3.00 contact prescription so not blind but was tired of glasses. It's been 4 or 5 years now and I don't experience the halo/star burst thing. Would do it again.

fcuk that PRK shit with razor blades in your eyes.

I'm actually receiving ICL surgery next month. My eyes are -8.75 and -7.45, I think? They're REALLY bad. So bad that I can't receive PRK or Lasik. I've had to wear Glasses for the last year, (instead of wearing contacts), waiting for sugery. My lenses are half an inch thick and it's almost embarrassing to be seen wearing these glasses all the time. Unfortunately you can't wear contact prior to surgery, because the surgeons prefer your eyes be operating as they normally would, for a long period of time to prevent any complications during or after recovery. I'm happy and thankful though that I'll be able to see normal soon! There is a 15% higher chance of having cataracts down the road because of the surgery, but I hear it's very uncommon.

I hope all goes well for you! :)

I need a detailed after action report so I can prep for mine!

nothing to prep... They give you a Valium, some numbing eye drops , and tell you to focus on the laser. Its over in 5 min.

nothing to prep... They give you a Valium, some numbing eye drops , and tell you to focus on the laser. Its over in 5 min.

Oh I'm not worried about the surgery or pain...after my leg everything else is a walk in the park. I want to know what the 24-72 hours are like afterwards as far as what you can/can't do and that kind of stuff.

That being said it is nice to hear that surgery is pretty chill. I won't complain.

... as far as what you can/can't do and that kind of stuff.

You can not be on the top ... :) It's a pressure thingie.

I have a prep... I have to take special supplements for a week before hand, and get sunglasses... Then I have three drops after. Two I use for one week... One I use for three months...

I have to keep my eyes closed for six hours directly after. Then put drops in... Then it's best to close them again (My appointment is late in the day so that's not hard. I figure I'll open them put drops in and go right to bed...).

Have to wear protective caps to bed and sleep on back first night...

Next day I go see my regular eye doctor.., No heavy lifting for at least a week... No rubbing of the eyes or squeezing eyelids shut hard for three months....

I have a prep... I have to take special supplements for a week before hand, and get sunglasses... Then I have three drops after. Two I use for one week... One I use for three months...

I have to keep my eyes closed for six hours directly after. Then put drops in... Then it's best to close them again (My appointment is late in the day so that's not hard. I figure I'll open them put drops in and go right to bed...).

Next day I go see my regular eye doctor.., No heavy lifting for at least a week... No rubbing of the eyes or squeezing eyelids shut hard for three months....

dont freak out if you see blurry after looking at things closely ... I was watching a movie on laptop and looked across the room at the cable box clock and it was all blurry. I went to bed pissed. Woke up in the morning and it was crystal clear. Eyes take longer to adjust from reading close up..

hey hannibal what happened to your leg? I missed it.

I have a buddy that went to place in Minneapolis and paid $1200. For that I would do it in a heart beat. But that just seems to cheap.

I have a buddy that went to place in Minneapolis and paid $1200. For that I would do it in a heart beat. But that just seems to cheap.

That is a pretty standard price today for the volume locations.

That is a pretty standard price today for the volume locations.

Hmm ok. Here is who did his. I know they are good, just 1200 seams cheap. I might look into it, its 5700 in Sioux Falls by Vance Thompson.

Hmm ok. Here is who did his. I know they are good, just 1200 seams cheap. I might look into it, its 5700 in Sioux Falls by Vance Thompson.

I paid 4500 over 12 years ago. I think I would go with the best vs saving a few bucks , that's just me

I paid 4500 over 12 years ago. I think I would go with the best vs saving a few bucks , that's just me

:iamwithstupid: Mine is 2k/eye

Mine was $4300. Extra few hundred bucks was because my doctor is a Christopher Walken lookalike...

doc_mikemann.png 0_21_walken_christopher_041804.jpg

I am a few days shy of 1yr anniv. on my LASIK and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Had mine done at TLC and it was well worth the money. The only difference between LASIK and PRK is the procedure on the outer layer of your eye. For PRK, they burn the outer layer completely off with a laser to do the surgery and place a temporary contact over your eye afterwards so that outer layer can heal and grow back which takes a week of recovery. They cut a flap out of your outer layer with a laser and flip it over to do the surgery and lay the flap back over once the procedure is done for LASIK which is the quickest recovery.

I am a few days shy of 1yr anniv. on my LASIK and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Had mine done at TLC and it was well worth the money. The only difference between LASIK and PRK is the procedure on the outer layer of your eye. For PRK, they burn the outer layer completely off with a laser to do the surgery and place a temporary contact over your eye afterwards so that outer layer can heal and grow back which takes a week of recovery. They cut a flap out of your outer layer with a laser and flip it over to do the surgery and lay the flap back over once the procedure is done for LASIK which is the quickest recovery.

fcuk that.

Yup pretty standard. I had the same set of instructions when I did mine (intralase lasik so all lasers) a few years back. I had mine done at Diamond Vision in NYC (Dr. Stetson (sp?) who does all of the procedures is one of the best in the country). I also liked the fact that Diamond Vision had lifetime "touch-ups" for $300, so if I ever need further correction I will not have to pay the full price of the procedure again. Was around $4900 if I remember correctly. They advised going straight to bed when I got home but since I had mine done at like 10AM and was back home only a few hours later, I ended up going home with the patches over my eyes, and lying on the couch for hours with my eyes shut listening to re-runs of two and a half men in the dark till it was time for bed.

The drops for the weeks following are more of a nuisance than anything as you will be constantly reminding yourself to put them in (rewetting). You will be using those constantly in the weeks/months following as they make thins MUCH more comfortable.

I had halos/starbursts while driving at night for months after, but after a while they faded away completely. A year later, you'll be 100% back to normal, thanking the Lord you decided to go through and get the surgery, and urging anyone you know who is still wearing glasses to follow suit!! :)

For anyone on the fence and considering it, DO IT! You will not regret it! Best of luck.

When I woke up the next morning, it was the most incredible feeling in the world when those plastic patches came off. You'll feel like you were born again having 20/20 vision after so long with glasses or contacts. Truly the best money I ever spent.

I did mine in Minneapolis over 10 years ago, and if I remember right it was somewhere over $4k.

Best money I ever spent...soooo worth it.

I've had no problems since, can see 20/20 up close and far away.

It's so great not messing around with contacts and glasses, and being able to wake up and just see.