'05 Heffner TT

Lfsglass

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Gallar...=US_Cars_Trucks

Not sure if this is a repost.

What are your thoughts on this one? Seems like a fair deal??

I see an extensive ppi in your future. earlier cars have longer gears which is good for 6 spds.

I drove Allan's 04 Heffner banana...faster than hell, but surprisingly normal as well.

Older car...buyer beware.

I see an extensive ppi in your future. earlier cars have longer gears which is good for 6 spds.

I drove Allan's 04 Heffner banana...faster than hell, but surprisingly normal as well.

Why the concern with the older model cars? If well maintained, proper PPI, and upgraded clutch/software, should there be a concern. I hear such good reviews regarding Gallardo's not being your "typical exotic" because of their reliability, Audi design, parts interchangeability, etc. Plus so many stories about higher mileage/well driven cars on the road....didn't think age was necessarily much of an issue.

Older 6sp cars don't have a higher mph in 6th gear, I think maybe just a couple of the gears are longer it's not a huge difference. They did revise tranny's multiple times with different updates over the years but that may be minor including the tranny casing and internals.

Do a compression test and get rid of any spark plugs that aren't good. Older gallardos have throttle bodies that aren't as good as the newer ones and when you turbo them, you can tell.

The good setup GTTs are worth considerably more then the non-ideal GTTs. I mean there is a big difference.

Ecus, wiring, parts, tricks, tune, newer technology all contribute to a well sorted car.

Certainly a ppi is a must as it would be with any Lambo TT or not. The build looks newer given the black pipes.

• 2 weeks later...

?????? I own a 04 and 0 problems in 1 year of ownership so I don't get your point...

Things to check on the Pre LP models.

-low control arms

-clutch

-service records

Looks like a good car. I'd call Heffner and see if they can give you some info on it. Heffner's kit is unique and they have good quality, wouldn't be scared of it if it was the right price.

Buyer beware is a bit strong don't you think? Heffner has a good kit and there are some FAST 04 TTG's around. Most buyers are more weary of a repainted car than a 04 6 speed, at least in my experience.

I happen to know Sean , the owner of this car. It is very well taken care of.

Anyone needs any questions answered I can put you in touch with him.

• 4 months later...
I happen to know Sean , the owner of this car. It is very well taken care of.

Anyone needs any questions answered I can put you in touch with him.

I'd love to be put in touch with him. As the owner of this car I have 139000 questions for him.

I'd love to be put in touch with him. As the owner of this car I have 139000 questions for him.

Let me work on that for you.