Tesla...

OC

Great things for me are no Costco gas station visits, carpool lane use, good resell value, fantastic quality and great features, practically good parking everywhere, its a great company to deal with (no hassles, forward thinking company, great customer service.) The car oozes innovation! OTA car software updates, say what?!

Fortis, Tesla's are for people who don't imprison trees in their houses. Do it for the trees :crybaby2: !

The tree is well respected in my house it sits at the heart of everything.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could also run the car in his house without worrying about carbon monoxide poisoning.... :)

Are you afraid of dying of carbon monoxide poisoning when you visit your local showroom and they start their cars inside for you?

Not such issue at my house, huge internal volume, massive hole in the roof, sliding doors everywhere with plenty of cross ventilation :icon_thumleft:

Fortis I hear ya on ur thoughts on the tesla and I agree. However after driving my brothers it is a cool car that makes sense. You have to find the niche for it.would I own one?.... Maybe down the road as like a 5th or 6th car. But damn it does a lot of shit on a daily basis better than others.i can understand the following of it. I just think some true gear heads aren't there yet. Not discounting other gear heads but they have plenty of other cars to balance it out.

I don't doubt they are good but it isn't the car for me, if my wife wants one I will buy her one, I love turning petrol into noise and fun :icon_mrgreen:

Teslas clearly are not the most luxurious car you will ever drive.....For now. They have sparse somewhat European style interior, that reduce weight, as the car is heavy to begin with because of the battery. As battery technology advances and gets better, I would envision interiors getting much more plush. If you have to be sold on a tesla, then you probably will not be a tesla driver anytime soon. Teslas are for the innovative, those who want to give the middle finger to OPEC and enjoy having the latest greatest technology. I have driven a Tesla for over 5 years now, starting with the Roadster, which was really fun, but not a great car to drive daily for me. I actually ordered the sedan for my wife and found myself coming home at night and constantly taking it. She finally said to me, why don't you just drive it all the time. After I drove it for a few weeks, I actually wondered why I ever drove a ICE car as a daily driver. I truly enjoy waking up to a full battery every morning and never having to do any maintenance other than put washer fluid in It. Now I enjoy that occasional stop at the gas station with my Lamborghini, because it's usually weeks in between. Merging onto the freeway is now extremely exciting and handling and performance could not be better. When traveling and stopping at the supercharger, it's like a strange little cult when you meet other Tesla owners. I've met some amazing people who are all innovators in their industry. I would say 70 to 80% of the people are in the IT industry or high technology. Currently, most your owners are early adopters. If that's not who you are, it may be a while before you jump on this bandwagon. There's not a restaurant or bar that I go to, that people don't come up and asked me about the car. While I consider this second-generation electric vehicles.......wait until we get fourth or fifth generation. There's going to be crazy technology coming out that will blow your mind. UBER is already all over it they see where this is headed and know it is the future. Model X will start shipping next month and some of the technology that hasn't been discussed yet, will blow your mind. I believe teslas other mission is to force all other car companies to get better, and I believe it's already happened. Have you seen the technology coming out in the new BMW 7 series? Elon Musk is forcing everybody to think differently and ask the question, why can't we?

:iamwithstupid: As consumers we all benefit with Tesla's success, it will make the auto industry produce better cars. Can't wait to see what Tesla comes out with next. The new BMW 7 series is pretty cool, I even like the lcd key fob.

That will be at all Superchargers pretty soon. Oh.....and charging is still free.

That thing is freaky looking! But interesting and convenient nonetheless. I do wonder if they are going to be able to make a battery that is lighter, and can be charged quickly, like 500 miles range in five minutes from zero charge. Cheaper batteries will also make for better hybrids I imagine. Only thing I don't like is if you were to run out of charge in the middle of nowhere, you then have to have the car towed as opposed to being able to use a gas can.

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome pics and write up! I was wondering about the rear seats and boosters since my kids are almost 3 and 6.

Car should be delivered in August. Can't wait to save the environment from the damage my TTG is causing.

Hey did you car show up yet? How do you like it?

Tesla Model III details are slowing coming out. I have yet to find any details on the specs, but price is rumored to be around 35k. Most normal people, like me, can afford that. What will it compare to? I3, Leaf, Volt? Curious to hear.

Tesla Model III details are slowing coming out. I have yet to find any details on the specs, but price is rumored to be around 35k. Most normal people, like me, can afford that. What will it compare to? I3, Leaf, Volt? Curious to hear.

I'm pretty interested also, range will be the deal breaker for me. If they keep it up in the high 2's, I'm in.

I'm pretty interested also, range will be the deal breaker for me. If they keep it up in the high 2's, I'm in.

Agreed. Count me in if 200 range and $35k comes true.

Don't know how $35k will be possible, that's pretty much what a high end Nissan leaf sells for.

I would expect the III to fall in the $45k range.

Details about the model III Will be out in March 2016. The cars should start making delivery the fall of 2017. The media has been brutal about Elon pushing out deadlines, but what these morons quickly forget is that most of the stuff has never been done. Anyone who has manufactured something or custom builds a car, realizes it always takes longer than what you expect in the beginning. Elon has already guaranteed the price will be a base of $35,000. With the new giga battery facility being built in NV, it is my believe there will be a new battery available for the higher and cars, and the existing battery technology will be used on these cars. There is no doubt my mind that there will be 200 to 250 mile plus range on the car with two battery choices.

We'll probably be seeing the design in March as well as details on the spec.

It'll be using a new platform, apparently because the car will be so much smaller than the Model S. Unsure if that'll restrict the battery size. According to Autocar (print copy from the 9th), they're aiming for 300 miles, with the BMW M3 as its performance benchmark.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it delayed a lot. Packaging and profit margins seem much more ambitious than the Model X, and its production seems to go hand-in-hand with the gigafactory, which isn't due for completion for another 4/5 years.

Picked my 85D last week. Great car zippy for a sedan.

Now that I am an owner you get a $1000 off msrp

by using me referral link and I get $1000 service credit if you do.

Use it and I'll give you a $250 gift card also.

htpp://ts.lawayne7256

Picked my 85D last week. Great car zippy for a sedan.

Now that I am an owner you get a $1000 off msrp

by using me referral link and I get $1000 service credit if you do.

Use it and I'll give you a $250 gift card also.

htpp://ts.lawayne7256

Your link doesnt work. Looks like you are missing some stuff on the end of your link.

• 3 months later...
Liquid Electrodes - interesting concept. Basically, instead of charging the battery as you do now, the electrode is instead in a liquid form and you literally just change out the liquid. Would allow you to recharge the car just like refilling the gas tank. The beauty however is that you also can charge it conventionally, so you could just drive and come home and plug the car in to recharge overnight, but if say you had to quickly recharge the battery and the battery was mostly drained, you could just put in fresh electrode.