Tesla...

OC

The iPhone crowd, I don't get it, it's just a car in an unlimited edition, so what if it comes few months later?

:iamwithstupid:

Agree mate! I'll just order it in the comfort of my office chair, I don't get the obsession of being a sheep in a line.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

Agree mate! I'll just order it in the comfort of my office chair, I don't get the obsession of being a sheep in a line.

In particular when it looks like it's cold outside, for nonessential activities if the temps are under 25C my ass sits inside :lol2:

In particular when it looks like it's cold outside, for nonessential activities if the temps are under 25C my ass sits inside :lol2:

Hey now, it's 5-10C here and what we call "spring" :lol2:

yea, no way I'm waiting in line, I'll put my deposit down online, I think I'll get one early anyway....

I managed to watch the live stream, they left all the tech stuff I want to know about out :(

here are some screen cap's from the stream

post-7351-1459483461_thumb.jpg

post-7351-1459483481_thumb.jpg

post-7351-1459483491_thumb.jpg

I watched the stream right now and I am sorry but that looks like one ugly ass car! Tesla = fail esp at a 2yr wait or more like their model x

It's not awful, but not fcuking awesome either. I hope the tech and range are amazing and they keep the cost down. It looks like a $35k car, if it ends up being $55k loaded out it better see some serious upgrades.

They said this isn't the final version, so there is room for improvement.

I watched the stream right now and I am sorry but that looks like one ugly ass car! Tesla = fail esp at a 2yr wait or more like their model x

Yeah I don't know, I'm on the fence. Hope it looks better in person, the model X looked horrible to me until I saw in on the roads then grew on me; hope this does the same. But hey the price is right especially with govt rebates.

Hey now, it's 5-10C here and what we call "spring" :lol2:

Honestly it's impossible for me to describe how much I dislike cold weather. I have a lot of respect for people who live in cold climates, much respect! :turboalex:

Looks like they sold about 115k of them today.... Got an interest free cash infusion of $115m, and at the lowest build cost, racked up over $4B worth of sales.

Elon had a good day.

It's not horrible looking like the X version (hope I got the name right) and it looks quite functional, hatchback, 4 doors, looks like a great family car.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For $35k I'd rather rock this than a VOLT or Prius! I just put my deposit on one earlier today!

I would definitely agree with that statement!

I think it looks good and much better than the Leaf* which it is going up against.

I like Tesla, FikseSTS videos have shown they are producing good and innovative features. I like what they are doing but the hype is very much like Apple. Like the iphone/ipad there are some great simple features but not all that when you look under the bonnet. If they cannot succeed then I cannot see anyone else really delivering fully electric cars.

For me, the tests will be

Actual mileage: General rule of thumb with Electric only cars is take the claimed range and take a third off because there are too many variables in the real world to compare with sterile lab conditions.

Actual deliveries: How many people will actually take delivery of their car?

Actual Business success: will this car actually deliver the hype around Tesla? Sure stock will be up today but next few months will give us an idea on the long term success. I know here in the UK these cars are eligible for £4500 grant and no road tax which has come down from 5k. I know that the States has a limited run incentive on electric cars to get people into these cars so what happens to sales when that carrot has been eaten?

*Odd name to call a car, the only time a leaf really moves is when it dies and falls off a twig.

*Odd name to call a car, the only time a leaf really moves is when it dies and falls off a twig.

Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Family car

I did not make that up.

The model 3 is sick. The design I'm not a huge fan of. But for what you get for $35k is beyond amazing. It sounds too good to be true. I'm just waiting for a price hike annoincement lol .

That glass roof to create an open concept car. Love it. Best safety. Best cargo space. Standard autopilot. Hopefully they can make enough of these to go around. Seriously !

Standard autopilot.
I think people misinterpret this, the autopilot hardware is standard, along with all the safety features (auto break, lane-departure warning, sign recognition etc).

Auto steer, traffic aware cruise control, auto park, auto lane change etc will be extra (and can be activated after purchase).

I really hope the dashboard is under development though, looked really plain and unfinished now.