Tesla...

OC

I put a reservation down as well yesterday. We don't have to spec it out until much later but definitely hoping they reveal a D variant or P variant, more interested in the AWD one anyway.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there will be a PxD performance model....

I put a reservation down as well yesterday. We don't have to spec it out until much later but definitely hoping they reveal a D variant or P variant, more interested in the AWD one anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok reserved my own dishwasher on wheels, my wife apparently wants one :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis just curious, how come you don't like electric cars? You had no problem giving up the incandescent light bulb for the LED, out with the old technology remember? :) :)

Fortis just curious, how come you don't like electric cars? You had no problem giving up the incandescent light bulb for the LED, out with the old technology remember? :) :)

A car (to many) is about more than just pure function, the noise, vibration, feeling you get from the whole experience is what people are after. You'll never get that from an electric no matter how fast it is.

People dislike F1 with the turbos now because it lost the hellish demonic scream of a motor breathing fire at 20k rpm, and they are just spectating.

I like electric for the utility, but I bet fortis' AMG would be hard to turn down, In all its 16mpg glory.

It's silly to compare it to a lightbulb, which, unless you're sticking it up your ass, has zero viceral appeal.

A car (to many) is about more than just pure function, the noise, vibration, feeling you get from the whole experience is what people are after. You'll never get that from an electric no matter how fast it is.

People dislike F1 with the turbos now because it lost the hellish demonic scream of a motor breathing fire at 20k rpm, and they are just spectating.

I like electric for the utility, but I bet fortis' AMG would be hard to turn down, In all its 16mpg glory.

It's silly to compare it to a lightbulb, which, unless you're sticking it up your ass, has zero viceral appeal.

Yeah, I get all that, I was speaking in jest. I thought the smilies were indicative of that, guess not though. In hindsight, can see how everyone would take it completely seriously, so my fault.

The thing is that electric cars in general are terrible. They are either gas cars converted to electric with useless range (like eGolf), or ugly cars with useless range (like the Leaf).

This is not because the concept of electric cars is bad, but every manufacturers attempt at it is half assed at best.

Except for Tesla, they go all the way in terms of range, design and new technology. It's not just the fact that the car is fantastic to drive, but that the car gets new features over the air and literally gets better over time. All established manufacturers are stuck in an old analog mindset, while Tesla has embraced the possibilities of the digital age. The others are starting to realize this, but man are they slow.

In the Jota I could really feel every vibration of the engine through my spine when I floored it. A fantastic feeling no doubt, it feels as if the car is alive. But I really don't need this in my daily driver, I would much rather have a 3 sec 0-60 car that's practically maintenance free and have cowbells and rainbow roads.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to take delivery of my Model 3. At least Elon and crew have been working hard on reducing the wait time :)

Can't wait to take delivery of my Model 3. At least Elon and crew have been working hard on reducing the wait time :)

I've put a deposit down but my wife doesn't want it, I will leave the money there she might change her mind, I've heard some ridiculous delivery times, 3 years away, etc. What were you quoted?

I test drove the X today, I saw a few videos online and I was really excited about it.

The technology is amazing, I wouldn't consider any model besides the X because they are small and I am not.

I fit comfortably in the X, it is fast 0 to 60 but after that it was just OK.... I miss the extra pull my other cars have after 70 mph.

If I was carrying my family in this SUV I wouldnt care for the extra speed and would not get the Ludicous package, I do love the high safety rating though.

230 miles is still too low for a charge, once technology is there at 500 miles per charge I will be all over it.

Auto driving was amazing but it is mainly good for freeways.

I would love ot rent one for a week and go for a cross country ride. You can only drive 3-4 hours at a time then pull over for a while...

Charging stations nationwide is impressive but I love the grunts of all my twin turbos and v12s. It is priceless!

I speced mine online, it came out to 140k. There are soo many other options at that price point.

Picture.jpg

Picture.jpg

You just are not ready yet. When you are ready, you will quit looking for reasons to not do it. I personally would not own anything but electric car for my dd ever again. But then again, with a son as an environmental engineer......I was looking for reasons to not use gas.

You just are not ready yet. When you are ready, you will quit looking for reasons to not do it. I personally would not own anything but electric car for my dd ever again. But then again, with a son as an environmental engineer......I was looking for reasons to not use gas.

+1

I have colleagues that daily Model S and say the same thing. One of them took his down to Florida, has done numerous NY > DC trips, NY > Montreal, Maine...range anxiety isn't a thing anymore, at least in the Northeast.

There will always be a place in my heart for big engines and high performance machines, but I can see a Tesla serving a big purpose by being an everyday vehicle.

I can see a Tesla serving a big purpose by being an everyday vehicle.

That is right. In addition to that i have read an article at #####berg.com where company Tesla is defined as a real rival on the premium car market by German Big-Four Factories (MB, Audi, BMW, Porsche). It is difficult to oppose it.

+2 I have asked all used Tesla owners that are selling "Why are you selling?" and they all said they are upgrading to another Tesla, never another brand.

+2 I have asked all used Tesla owners that are selling "Why are you selling?" and they all said they are upgrading to another Tesla, never another brand.

I'm in the same boat, but frankly it isn't because I'm especially attached to Tesla, it's because there is NO other option for a long range electric DD.