Tesla...

OC

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible RIP, I think some confuse autonomous driving with advanced cruise control. You should always be alert and ready to control your car while at the steering wheel.

I can't fcuking believe you have crossing traffic on 65 mph two lane highways over there... Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Either way, shitloads of headlines read something like "Drove with Tesla Autopilot, got killed". As if the AP killed him... Clickbait ya'll!

I can't fcuking believe you have crossing traffic on 65 mph two lane highways over there... Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Either way, shitloads of headlines read something like "Drove with Tesla Autopilot, got killed". As if the AP killed him... Clickbait ya'll!

RIP so sadden to hear this. The cross traffic intersections is a huge flaw in road design imo here, most deaths seem to be caused there; also agree to never rely on the car 100% it was a terrible mistake to put down his guard. Again so sad.

The driver of a Tesla was killed when his Tesla operating on autopilot crashed into a turning semi trailer. RIP to the driver, a retired SEAL.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/self-driving-car...-205642937.html

Yes, very sad accident, then stock goes up. A tesla tried some friendly green light acceleration with me the other day. Had some excellent acceleration, but it was weird as hell not hearing any noise from it in the heavy sprint.

• 4 weeks later...

I had one for the weekend before to test how it would be for me. I occasionally have to take longer road trips within Florida for work and I found the range would just fall short of what I need. I'm probably not the best use case for them, but I loved the car. Having to stop and charge on my way to and from my destination probably added two hours to my day trip.

Overall, great cars!

I had one for the weekend before to test how it would be for me. I occasionally have to take longer road trips within Florida for work and I found the range would just fall short of what I need. I'm probably not the best use case for them, but I loved the car. Having to stop and charge on my way to and from my destination probably added two hours to my day trip.

Overall, great cars!

Did you set the charge level to 100%? I can get at least 265 out of mine on that setting.

Did you set the charge level to 100%? I can get at least 265 out of mine on that setting.

Yes, but it was a long road trip. From Orlando to Punta Gorda. Highway miles aren't kind to the range. Stopped in Tampa to supercharge on the way down. Wasn't going to make it the whole way to Tampa supercharger on the way back, so I had to stop at the mall for an hour to get 25 miles to make it to Tampa for the supercharger again, then finally made it home. I was in the 70D at the time. I think the 90 would have been a much different situation, but the 90 wasn't in the budget at the time.

Either way, phenomenal car and I will buy one probably early next year.

• 6 months later...

Hey just curious, but what is the safety of Teslas with the lithium-ion batteries? I was reading that lithium-ions, if punctured, ignite explosively. If that is the case, what happens in a bad car crash?